Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

Marcus Paige

Here's some free Marcus Paige info from scout.
    Scout.com: Iowa State Forums List
    I
    owa State has officially offered 2012 point guard Marcus Paige. I spoke to his dad, who seems like a great guy, last night and he was very excited about the offer. He said that they really like the Iowa State staff and that Marcus really enjoyed getting to go against Diante Garrett at the camp. He will be the starting point guard this year at Linn-Mar High School and plays for the Iowa Stars AAU Team. His team has gone a combined 53-6 the past two years. He already also has an offer from UNI. He also mentioned that Marcus would likely wait until at least his sophomore year before he made a decision. Lastly, he stated that Marcus likes the engineering program at Iowa State and is a straight A student.
    This kid is something else. Starting at point guard as a freshman for Linn-Mar. Marcus might be just as big as Harrison.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Marcus Paige

Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Here's some free Marcus Paige info from scout.
    Scout.com: Iowa State Forums List
    I
    This kid is something else. Starting at point guard as a freshman for Linn-Mar. Marcus might be just as big as Harrison.
    The only thing I noticed that was negative: He had trouble stopping DG, but DG has a good 6-8 inches and is stronger. I am excited about this kid and I think we are sitting really good with him. Did I mention he's a lefty...lefties cause defensive problems

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    The only thing I noticed that was negative: He had trouble stopping DG, but DG has a good 6-8 inches and is stronger. I am excited about this kid and I think we are sitting really good with him. Did I mention he's a lefty...lefties cause defensive problems
    Yes! Lefty's almost always have a good stroke, but I don't know why. I really think Marcus Paige will be something special.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Speaking of freshman starting on varsity, last winter Marcus Alipate got a lot of time on a good Jefferson HS team in Minnesota. Jefferson was the same school that Cole Aldrich(Kansas) went to during his HS years and made state his senior year (2006). His brother, Moses Alipate has signed to play with the gophers on a f-ball scholly for the 09 class. Watching this kid last year i really think he will be a high level D- 1 player, but for some reason i havent been able to find much of anything on him via scout/rivals. The reason I am bringing his name up is that he is a point guard like Paige but he is more advanced when it comes to a college body. I would say he's around 5'9 ish but he will grow, his brother is 6'5. He was pretty strong for a freshman last year and I know his brother is getting him in the weight room. KG or CYismydog, Have you ever heard of this kid? If so whos after him, and tell ISU to take a look lol. He has great speed and is a true PG that showed some great passing skills last year.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    When was the last time we had a starting lefty for our basketball team? It seems like it's been awhile but I may be wrong.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by iastate08 View Post
    Speaking of freshman starting on varsity, last winter Marcus Alipate got a lot of time on a good Jefferson HS team in Minnesota. Jefferson was the same school that Cole Aldrich(Kansas) went to during his HS years and made state his senior year (2006). His brother, Moses Alipate has signed to play with the gophers on a f-ball scholly for the 09 class. Watching this kid last year i really think he will be a high level D- 1 player, but for some reason i havent been able to find much of anything on him via scout/rivals. The reason I am bringing his name up is that he is a point guard like Paige but he is more advanced when it comes to a college body. I would say he's around 5'9 ish but he will grow, his brother is 6'5. He was pretty strong for a freshman last year and I know his brother is getting him in the weight room. KG or CYismydog, Have you ever heard of this kid? If so whos after him, and tell ISU to take a look lol. He has great speed and is a true PG that showed some great passing skills last year.
    I'm pretty sure Minnesota is recruiting him, but that is all I know. I might look into him and report back to you.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    When was the last time we had a starting lefty for our basketball team? It seems like it's been awhile but I may be wrong.
    Pomlee is a lefty, and he could definitely start at some point in his career.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

Yeah also DG played big 12 basketball against Mario Chalmers, DJ Augustine, and Russell Robinson last year. This kid was hoping his dad would buy him a moped to get to the local ice cream store.

I am not worried about an 8th grader not stopping our possible starting point guard right now. Actually if he stopped DG I would be ashamed.

I hope we get this kid. Seams like the real deal.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I am not worried about an 8th grader not stopping our possible starting point guard right now. Actually if he stopped DG I would be ashamed.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was thinking the same thing...jesh, when is the last time you expected an 8th grader to compete with any college student at anything?

Let's get him on growth hormones right now...

Addict
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,166
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

Quote Originally Posted by xr4ticlone View Post
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was thinking the same thing...jesh, when is the last time you expected an 8th grader to compete with any college student at anything?

Let's get him on growth hormones right now...
    Hey...off topic...but I assume you have an XR4Ti? I used to love those cars. They have quite the cult following. Not quite a DeLorean Cult, but similar. You should start a new thread and post pictures so we don't threadjack this one.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

My comments about DG and MP are being taken the wrong way...I was just talking about defense. In no way did I expect MP to shut down DG.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

I know KG. I was just messing with ya.

KG how tall is this kid? I have read he is from 5"5 to 5"11 inches tall. I know it does not matter to much right now because freshman year is the growth spurt year. I just was wondering if he is 5"11 right now. That would probably set him at about 6"4 and a shooting guard by the time he get's to college. If he is 5'5 then it would put him on the point.

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 751
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Hey...off topic...but I assume you have an XR4Ti? I used to love those cars. They have quite the cult following. Not quite a DeLorean Cult, but similar. You should start a new thread and post pictures so we don't threadjack this one.
    I think it may have to do with Jim Rome, who calls his crew the XR4ti after his Merkur XR4ti which he considers to be one of the worst cars ever built.......and I would have to agree.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    I know KG. I was just messing with ya.

KG how tall is this kid? I have read he is from 5"5 to 5"11 inches tall. I know it does not matter to much right now because freshman year is the growth spurt year. I just was wondering if he is 5"11 right now. That would probably set him at about 6"4 and a shooting guard by the time he get's to college. If he is 5'5 then it would put him on the point.
    He's probably only about 5'8" or so. Reaching 6' is a big question mark because his dad is not very tall. He's about as tall as his dad to date. I compared him to DG to give you guys an idea of his size.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    I'm pretty sure Minnesota is recruiting him, but that is all I know. I might look into him and report back to you.
    Thanks, I beleive he averaged around 9 points a game in MN's toughest conference.