Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

does anyone..

have any suggestions for renting a car in vegas and dropping it off in LA? i am planning on going to vegas for the game, then driving to LA to visit a friend for the remainder of the week,and of course flying back from either LAX or ONT.....all the rental companies have absurd drop off charges and was just curious if anyone out there had any ideas how to get around that. thanks in advance for any help!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: does anyone..

only way around it, that i can think of, is fly into LA, drive out to Las Vegas, drive back... just make sure you're not on a "per mile" price, and just a period of time rate. One way rentals are ridiculous, because they don't want to have to try and move the fleet back to where it needs to be on their own.
    go to the different rental websites - most of them have "Deals" buttons or something similar. Maybe you can find something that way.

Vitte, Dulcedo, Sipes

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by clonerules View Post
    have any suggestions for renting a car in vegas and dropping it off in LA? i am planning on going to vegas for the game, then driving to LA to visit a friend for the remainder of the week,and of course flying back from either LAX or ONT.....all the rental companies have absurd drop off charges and was just curious if anyone out there had any ideas how to get around that. thanks in advance for any help!!!!
    I get my cars through Enterprise entertainment division, they won't charge any miles for the trip, but still charge for the 1 way drop off.

I'd recommend that you just fly to LA. They have plenty of flights that only cost 100 bucks one way. You can fly Southwest to Burbank for 99 bucks a lot of times. And there are a ton of flights to Vegas from LAX and ONT. They should be pretty cheap. You will probably save money returning your car, and renting a new one by the time you pay for gas. It's around $4.50 in LA right now.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    clonerules[/left];501741]have any suggestions for renting a car in
    vegas
    and dropping it off in LA? i am planning on going to
    vegas
    for the game, then driving to LA to visit a friend for the remainder of the
    week,and
    of course flying back from either LAX or ONT.....all the rental companies have absurd drop off charges and was just curious if anyone out there had any ideas how to get around that. thanks in advance for any help!!!!
    I had the same situation except I was going to North San Diego county. I found a huge drop charge at the SAN airport, but none if I dropped it at Encinitas. That worked for me, because I only needed it to get from LAS to SAN, but didn't need it once I was in SAN.