Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 2

Thumbs up Sat near Coach McDermott at Football Game

Just like the name says, I sat right next to Coach Greg McDermott at the football game. I was on the far south end of the student section about three-fourths of the way up on the lower section. Coach Ron Smith was there too as well as some other basketball staff. Jiri Hubalek also showed up near the end of the game and sat behind me for a while. It looked to me like the coaches were hosting a recruit and his mom and dad, but I have no idea who. The kid was maybe 6'3" or 6'4" and blonde hair, I think I remember a part of the town name on his sweatshirt as "RockXXX" or something like that. Maybe they were just friends, I dont know.

Coach McDermott was real nice to fans who came and acknowledged his performance at the basketball game Friday night and to wish him luck for the rest of the season. He always was up for a picture with a fan. Both coaches stayed until the end of the football game. When saying our goodbye's, Coach McDermott thanked me for Cyclone Alley's help at the end of the basketball game.

Like I've been saying, we sure do have a first-class coaching staff here at ISU that we can all be proud of.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 592
    Given: 362

Re: Sat near Coach McDermott at Football Game

Another reason that G-Mac will be loved by fans.

Walk On
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 7

Re: Sat near Coach McDermott at Football Game

Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Just like the name says, I sat right next to Coach Greg McDermott at the football game. I was on the far south end of the student section about three-fourths of the way up on the lower section. Coach Ron Smith was there too as well as some other basketball staff. Jiri Hubalek also showed up near the end of the game and sat behind me for a while. It looked to me like the coaches were hosting a recruit and his mom and dad, but I have no idea who. The kid was maybe 6'3" or 6'4" and blonde hair, I think I remember a part of the town name on his sweatshirt as "RockXXX" or something like that. Maybe they were just friends, I dont know.

Coach McDermott was real nice to fans who came and acknowledged his performance at the basketball game Friday night and to wish him luck for the rest of the season. He always was up for a picture with a fan. Both coaches stayed until the end of the football game. When saying our goodbye's, Coach McDermott thanked me for Cyclone Alley's help at the end of the basketball game.

Like I've been saying, we sure do have a first-class coaching staff here at ISU that we can all be proud of.
    At the basketball game tonight I was sitting in the front row of Cyclone Alley about 45 min before the start of the game and McDermott walked by. He was talking to someone from the Wayne State staff and was about to go in the locker room but saw my friend with her camera so asked if we wanted a picture with him. I knew he was a class-act before and that just confirmed it. We got the right guy.