easy on the fans
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

easy on the fans

I am a diehard fan just like all of us here. I think those of you ripping on the fans are not realistic. Are we supposed to be happy and smiley about all this.

I went to the Michigan vs. Ball State game yesterday. You should have heard lots of their fans during that game. Here they are rated #2 in the country and not playing perfectly and the fans were ready to hang Carr and their defense. As proven by what I saw yesterday fans everywhere have expectations and fairly so.

If anyone thinks that with the expectations we had before this year that we are not going to be frustrated beyond belief than you need a reality check. We were supposed to be good this year and we are playing TERRIBLE!! Fans don't love cheering for a team that is performing TERRIBLY and the coaches need to be held responsible.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Re: easy on the fans

I want to first say that I feel the same level of frustration as the rest of us. However, I really disagree with this whole "paper bag over the head" and "turn your back to the field" thing. Now I reallize that the team performmed HORRIBLY yesterday. I also reallize that a team needs to know when the fans are disappointed with them. But think about if you had a brother or son or friend on this team. Would you then be so inclined to turn your back on the team? You wouldn't because family is a bond that can't (or at least shouldn't) be broken by mere actions. We all know that when family and friends are down, that is when we need our support the most.

I feel that Cyclone athletics should be treated in the same manner. I'm not telling you to keep donating or buying tickets. I'm just saying that let's give the team a little respect. After all, we're Cyclone fans, first and foremost, because that's where we call home, not based on how many wins we get.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bluehooper View Post

If anyone thinks that with the expectations we had before this year that we are not going to be frustrated beyond belief than you need a reality check. We were supposed to be good this year and we are playing TERRIBLE!! Fans don't love cheering for a team that is performing TERRIBLY and the coaches need to be held responsible.
    I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with you. But you are completely correct. I totally agree with your post.

URBCLONE

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny8 View Post
    I want to first say that I feel the same level of frustration as the rest of us. However, I really disagree with this whole "paper bag over the head" and "turn your back to the field" thing. Now I reallize that the team performmed HORRIBLY yesterday. I also reallize that a team needs to know when the fans are disappointed with them. But think about if you had a brother or son or friend on this team. Would you then be so inclined to turn your back on the team? You wouldn't because family is a bond that can't (or at least shouldn't) be broken by mere actions. We all know that when family and friends are down, that is when we need our support the most.

I feel that Cyclone athletics should be treated in the same manner. I'm not telling you to keep donating or buying tickets. I'm just saying that let's give the team a little respect. After all, we're Cyclone fans, first and foremost, because that's where we call home, not based on how many wins we get.

I agree that there is a point to draw the line and that we still need to give those who are working their tails off some respect. BUT, our fans have supported and now are just plain out of anything to cheer for. Come on, we are winless in what many consider a weak conference.