Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I will be tuning to 590

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JCloned &#064; May 30 2006, 01&#58;00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I will be tuning to 590
    [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m going to follow Deace to 1040. I can&#39;t stomach Jon Miller or Marty Tirell. I can only hope that enough people tune them out so that they will all be off the air. I can&#39;t figure out why ISU puts up with this garbage. Tirell makes his living bad-mouthing ISU. Couldn&#39;t Clear Channel find ANYONE to do that show other than a couple of three time washouts from local sports radio? As for Jon Miller, if he isn&#39;t the stereotypical Hawkeye fan, I don&#39;t know who his. Never went to school there yet spends his time deriding all things ISU. All-in-all about as bad a threesome as you could ask for from an ISU perspective.

URBCLONE

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(URBCLONE &#064; May 30 2006, 02&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I&#39;m going to follow Deace to 1040. I can&#39;t stomach Jon Miller or Marty Tirell. I can only hope that enough people tune them out so that they will all be off the air. I can&#39;t figure out why ISU puts up with this garbage. Tirell makes his living bad-mouthing ISU. Couldn&#39;t Clear Channel find ANYONE to do that show other than a couple of three time washouts from local sports radio? As for Jon Miller, if he isn&#39;t the stereotypical Hawkeye fan, I don&#39;t know who his. Never went to school there yet spends his time deriding all things ISU. All-in-all about as bad a threesome as you could ask for from an ISU perspective.
    [/b][/quote]
    Clearly another station going after the Hawk demographic. I agree with the idea of having KXNO yanked as the flagship. Besides, its always bothered me that our flagship didn&#39;t even have as much signal strength as a ham radio.

Prospect
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I think Marty and Miller will be great. Jon Miller on the other hand will suck. I personally don&#39;t think he has the voice for raido. Marty is out there but at least he is not afraid to say things and his laugh cracks me up. Just give them a try and I think you will like them Ken Miller is an ISU fan. We will be all right and according to deace something big is coming ISU&#39;s way here shortly that is going to be awesome for us. We will have to wait and see.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dglade &#064; May 30 2006, 05&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    something big is coming ISU&#39;s way here shortly that is going to be awesome for us. We will have to wait and see.
    [/b][/quote]

Is that something big really that they aren&#39;t going to hire Marty and Miller...and Miller? There&#39;s no way to gloss over the fact that there is a show strictly for Hawk fans followed by a show with a terrible loudmouth idiot Hawk fan in Tirrell. Miller isn&#39;t a Cyclone fan either, I don&#39;t know where you got that idea. I think he tries to play off of Marty and give a differing opinion, but he really doesn&#39;t care about the Clones either way.

I think you&#39;re assuming that many of us haven&#39;t heard Marty and Miller before... I would imagine a good percentage of us have. There is a reason they weren&#39;t on the air for a while. Let&#39;s face it, most Iowans don&#39;t care about east coast baseball teams and horseracing.

I consider whatever the "big surprise" is for us, it&#39;s going to be laughable compared to what they did to the afternoon shows. Are us Cyclone fans going to get a show too? Maybe from noon to two, when nobody can listen to it. Or maybe we&#39;ll have the distinct pleasure of getting up at six AM on Saturday morning to listen to Tommy from Des Moines and his insane ramblings from a deranged mind pertaining to ISU.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I think what bothers me most about M&M is they are just bad. No way around it they are inaccurate, they are loud mouths, they are negative, they only get ratings by getting people riled up. I wouild rather listen to a well informed 24 hour hawk station than these guys. For me its not an ISU thing, they are just bad. Turn the dial bad. Pay for Satellite radio bad. Listen to an Omaha station and put up with Big Red to get quality sports talk bad. Become a dopesmoking fm type bad.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    If the ratings numbers reflect Cyclone fans views in the poll it will be a short tenure indeed.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    You can kill the show best by going straight to the advertisers and telling them you will never buy their products if they continue to advertise during this radio show. One call carries a lot of consumer weight. No adverstisers, no show.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Marty and Miller do a good job. They are leaps and bounds better than Cotlar. I don&#39;t mind if they are critical of ISU once in a while, as long as it&#39;s not baseless criticism. Some people around here are way to thin skinned, and make ISU fans sound like a bunch of whiners. If you disagree, call in with the facts and argue your point.