Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Anyone watch Mac's post-game press conf?

This is available on cyclones.com. A few notes . . .

1. None of the usual Mac spin. This guy is beat down as much as his team.

2. Going to keep playing starters to try and win one or both of the remaining games.

3. Says he has no clue what is going on and that his system is proven over time.

I think he's accepted that his team is horrible and he's getting fired. I've thought for a long time that Mac was a below average football coach and wanted him gone, but even I'm surprised at what's happened this season.

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Re: Anyone watch Mac's post-game press conf?

Quote Originally Posted by ericlambi View Post
    This is available on cyclones.com. A few notes . . .

1. None of the usual Mac spin. This guy is beat down as much as his team.

2. Going to keep playing starters to try and win one or both of the remaining games.

3. Says he has no clue what is going on and that his system is proven over time.

I think he's accepted that his team is horrible and he's getting fired. I've thought for a long time that Mac was a below average football coach and wanted him gone, but even I'm surprised at what's happened this season.
    I felt the same way after listening to his post game show on the radio-he just sounded worn out, beaten down, and accepting of the fact that he is gone. The emotion and fire was not there, and there was amazingly no spin.

Thanks Dan, nothing personal-it's just time for everyone to go their own separate ways

Addict
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 934
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 2

I do kind of feel sad for him, but he's had his chance and it's time to move on. He's done some good things for our football program!

When I was handing out Cyclone Alley shirts in the Jacobson building last week, Dan walked through the big hallway and someone else he knew said hi and Dan said "Great to be a Cyclone, isn't it?" It really made me feel sorry for him. He certainly has the enthusiasm, but I think even he knows his time is coming to a close here at ISU.

Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Even the way that Ben Bruns sounded on the post game and the way he got choked up is a sign to me that a decision has been reached on Dan.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

"Dan said 'It's great to be a Cyclone, isn't it?'"

I honestly got a little choked up when I read that. For some reason I started thinking about it from the viewpoint of being in this beleaguered man's family. Just think of all the suffering and sleepless nights and worrying he and his family goes through. This is a man, not a pin cushion for our wrath. Mac's a good man. In a perfect world, his unbridled effort would lead to good things, but it just hasn't.

Sure, you can come back with the argument that the money more than makes up for his suffering, but this is pride we're talking about. Iowa State was Mac's baby, and unfortunately it's developed into a warped adolescent goth child.

At one point in time, this program WAS headed in the right direction under his tutelage. Unfortunately, his profession is unforgiving in nature. I don't doubt that the Iowa State Cyclones would rise again under Mac, but in this world of the 'what have you done for me lately' mentality, he doesn't cut it.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    "Dan said 'It's great to be a Cyclone, isn't it?'"

I honestly got a little choked up when I read that. For some reason I started thinking about it from the viewpoint of being in this beleaguered man's family. Just think of all the suffering and sleepless nights and worrying he and his family goes through. This is a man, not a pin cushion for our wrath. Mac's a good man. In a perfect world, his unbridled effort would lead to good things, but it just hasn't.

Sure, you can come back with the argument that the money more than makes up for his suffering, but this is pride we're talking about. Iowa State was Mac's baby, and unfortunately it's developed into a warped adolescent goth child.

At one point in time, this program WAS headed in the right direction under his tutelage. Unfortunately, his profession is unforgiving in nature. I don't doubt that the Iowa State Cyclones would rise again under Mac, but in this world of the 'what have you done for me lately' mentality, he doesn't cut it.
    Damn good post sir.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 254

Yep, there is no doubt in my mind that Mc is a good guy, a great family man, and just an overall great person to be around. It really is too bad he just can't get the Cyclones on a wining track for more than a year at a time.

All-Star
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Just hearing the fight song makes me think of Mac & chokes me up a little. What a cold, cruel world in which we live. A guy beats his head against a wall for 12 years and this is how it ends.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45

This is a sensitive issue for everyone. There is no doubt everyone loves Dan.
    Last week I had a baby in Ames. There were some complications (everything is fine now), but when I went out to get a few things from my car I ran in to Coach Mac. He and his wife were so concerned for me and my family it tears me up to watch this all unfold....
    I don't know what to think.