Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Stevie Johnson, mvp in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    An unheralded hero of ISU lore...

I love me some Stevie Johnson!
    Good to see some more Cyclone related headlines!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 566
    Given: 307

I saw a few years back he was the Michael Jordan of the Icelandic Basketball League.... unreal stats, MVP, etc.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Not only was Stevie a great basketball player and a great teammate he was an even better person. Back in school, he happened to be walking by my apartment one day when I was loading up a truck to move out. Anyway, I stopped him and asked him to help me move some boxes. I said that I knew some people at the Daily and if he did a good job, I would make sure there was an article about him. Well, Stevie stayed and helped me move for about 2 hours. It was so helpful. Afterwards I wished that I really did know someone at the Daily. Good job Stevie!

Addict
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 55

Quote Originally Posted by DougMasters View Post
    Not only was Stevie a great basketball player and a great teammate he was an even better person. Back in school, he happened to be walking by my apartment one day when I was loading up a truck to move out. Anyway, I stopped him and asked him to help me move some boxes. I said that I knew some people at the Daily and if he did a good job, I would make sure there was an article about him. Well, Stevie stayed and helped me move for about 2 hours. It was so helpful. Afterwards I wished that I really did know someone at the Daily. Good job Stevie!
    Nice work conning an ISU player so you could get out of moving a few of your own boxes....a-hole

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I don't neg-rep people because I don't need bad karma, but tigershoops is right, that was an a-hole thing to do.

I always like hearing good things about Stevie, because it reminds me of a time when ISU basketball was good...and our players with the last name Johnson weren't so weasely. No offense to CJ.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 929

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    I don't neg-rep people because I don't need bad karma, but tigershoops is right, that was an a-hole thing to do.

I always like hearing good things about Stevie, because it reminds me of a time when ISU basketball was good...and our players with the last name Johnson weren't so weasely. No offense to CJ.
    I have never negative repped before, but I had to on this one (the one you are referring to). It was a funny story though.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    I have never negative repped before, but I had to on this one (the one you are referring to). It was a funny story though.
    You're right, have to neg rep that kind of ****.

Last edited by isucyfan; 06-02-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: language

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 25

Seriously, what type of profesion are you in now? Just wanna know so I can avoid doing business with you or the company you work for. I know enough "con mans" I really don't need to meet another.

Maybe we should be warning the people of Parkersburg and the businesses in Ames that this guy is looking for someone to take advantage of.

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 929

The story was funny, but just totally wrong. I hate to see our players being fleeced.

Last edited by isucyfan; 06-02-2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: language in quoted text

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Nice work conning an ISU player so you could get out of moving a few of your own boxes....a-hole

Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Seriously, what type of profesion are you in now? Just wanna know so I can avoid doing business with you or the company you work for. I know enough "con mans" I really don't need to meet another.

Maybe we should be warning the people of Parkersburg and the businesses in Ames that this guy is looking for someone to take advantage of.
    The story was funny, but just totally wrong. I hate to see our players being fleeced.
    Guys...I don't buy the story for a second. This post as many similarities to posts in the past from a certain member that has been booted from CF many, many times.

Posts many stories, none of which hold any water.

Last edited by isucyfan; 06-02-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: language in quoted text

Starter
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Guys...I don't buy the story for a second. This post as many similarities to posts in the past from a certain member that has been booted from CF many, many times.

Posts many stories, none of which hold any water.
    This doesn't surprise me at all. I believe Stevie was a big time scorer in high school so he always had it in him. I wish his offensive game developed more at ISU, but I guess he was just a late bloomer. As for the crazy moving story, I think it's more that sometimes humor is lost on the feint of heart.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

glad you enjoyed the story...

any interest in stickying or bulleting a fan club at the top of the page... maybe get a petition going for Stevie to join the Energy this fall.

Tyray Pearson played in Spain for Almeria as well...trying to show he had fully recovered from a previous injury...which he has

I'd like to see both those guys with the Energy next year. I have no idea if Pearson would be interested.... but Johnson is. Both have the same agent.

I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to start a fan club or petition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sj3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	2114  

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You seem proud to of conned the single greatest athlete in ISU's history, here's an student athlete who played on the greatest ISU basketball team AND possibly the greatest ISU football team.

I don't believe this for a second, if I'm wrong then I have a feeling your great-great-great grandfather owned a plantation or two.

"The Constituiton...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."- - -Thomas Jefferson, Sept. 6, 1819.