Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Oil 101

I am not going to write a term paper here but unless you are aware of the efforts of President Bill Clinton and the 2000 Congress you should take a breath. What the article below fails to mention is that our current President only made it worse and that Obama (based on contributions) will continue the bipartisan effort to be hypocritical.

American Thinker: Enron and Today's Oil and Gas Prices

High oil prices for Obama and Clinton - The Boston Globe

China's and India's emeregence is also but this believe that "big oil" or the Iraq war or OPEC is gouging us is naive. Also, I will buy an equally efficient alternative fuel when it is available. I also propose nuclear facilities and additional refinieries until the alternatrive fuel is developed. In the meantime, why tax those that produce the most efficient means of energy production before an alternative is in place? Why penalize ourselve with taxes and treaties before those alternatives are developed and in turn benefitting those countries that do not care or are not under those treaties?

On somewhat realted side note, why raise minimun wage while not raising tariffs on companies with obvious human right violations?

Why buy foreign products when we demand better workers and environmental standards at home but not require/penalize our importers?

UGGGHHH!!!! I feel better now. I am voting for Sister Nunn of the Librarian Party. I BELIVE IN THE DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM! EVERY ONE ELSE IS FACIST (or at least more facist).

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 64

Re: Oil 101

Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post
    I am not going to write a term paper here but unless you are aware of the efforts of President Bill Clinton and the 2000 Congress you should take a breath. What the article below fails to mention is that our current President only made it worse and that Obama (based on contributions) will continue the bipartisan effort to be hypocritical.
    Very informative articles! I was pretty supportive of Bill C and was totally unaware that he opened the floodgates. However, I don't think it's fair or reasonable to expect Democrats to refuse contributions from big oil interests. If indeed, they have caused this financial calamity, then we should use as many of their assets as we can to repair the situation their actions have precipitated.