Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 129

Helping Parkersburg

Several people have sent PM's and emails about what they can do for the people of Parkersburg. I have heard some concerns about donating to the red cross or salvation army since it just goes into their general fund. I have no idea if its true and can just say that both groups are doing excellent work in Parkersburg. If anyone would like to donate to something local, they have set up a fund at Lincoln Savings Bank in Aplington and the phone # is 800-588-7551. There will be work opportunities obviously. Like I said in a previous thread, it sounds like several HS FB teams from around the state will be in town over the weekend to help clean up I assume around the school. The Falcon football team spent the day cleaning the field yesterday which seemed to make every news outlet in the state. Parkersburg will be back, better than ever. It may just look more like a suburb than the nice town with every house looking different and trees covering everything. Don't forget about New Hartford and Dunkerton either. I know several families have lost everything there, but since it wasn't through the middle of town, they aren't getting quite the media coverage that Parkersburg is.
    WCFcourier.com - Waterloo and Cedar Falls Iowa News Homepage | News*»*Top Story: NFL's Kampman to tornado victims: Cheer for the small victories

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 129

Re: Helping Parkersburg

One other thing-
    The Register, in their rush to create news, reported some looting in Parkersburg on Sunday night and that's why National Guard and State Troopers were stationed in town. At the time I told my wife it had to be complete BS and no one I talked to on Monday knew anything of any looting.
    Of course the Register buries a little part today in the paper-
    "Looting reports false

Officials said early reports of looting in Parkersburg apparently were false. Butler County Sheriff Jason Johnson and Parkersburg Police Chief Chris Luhring said they had no confirmed reports of looting. There have been no arrests since the tornado struck the area.

The people of Parkersburg have simply joined hands to pick up the pieces of their town, officials said."

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,260
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 12

Re: Helping Parkersburg

Bump Bump