Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Refreshing Post-Game Show

Anyone else listen to the post-game show? McDermott had some insightful analysis of the game; it just reaffirmed for me that we got an outstanding coach. He said he intentionally didn't call a timeout at the end because he wanted to see what his team would do in this situation. He called out a hi-lo play between W Johnson & Hubalek, which didn't work out, but Johnson had the presence to pass the ball over to the open Clark for the game-winner. McD said you wouldn't normally expect that sort of play from a freshman when the original play got botched.

I also really enjoyed the interviews with Clark and McIntosh. McIntosh is quite articulate. He said playing his first D-I game in Hilton was something he will always remember. Really looking forward to see him develop this year.

GO CYCLONES!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 431
    Given: 271

Re: Refreshing Post-Game Show

Yeah, G-Mac said this was the perfect type of game for his young team. Tested how they would respond in a tight game and needing a score to win.

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

John Walters and Eric Heft have to be so happy that the post game interviews are actually meaningful this year. Morgan was a bore and gave short answers with little insight. After listening to Greg talk I felt like I actually got something from the interview and learned more about what was going on with the team.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    John Walters and Eric Heft have to be so happy that the post game interviews are actually meaningful this year. Morgan was a bore and gave short answers with little insight. After listening to Greg talk I felt like I actually got something from the interview and learned more about what was going on with the team.
    So true. I don't like to pick on Morgan, but he was awful in post-game interviews. Most of the time, he would simply repeat whatever observation the interviewer had, and then not add much more commentary. It's definitely going to be worth it to tune into the post-game with McDermott.

GO CYCLONES!