Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Camera Question

So I am looking at buying my wife a Canon XTI that she really wants. The memory is CF which is different than the SD she has currently on her camera. When I shopped online I found that there were many different types of CF memory. There was different speeds of X33, X133 and X233. Can someone give me a dummies explanation of this for me?

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Camera Question

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    So I am looking at buying my wife a Canon XTI that she really wants. The memory is CF which is different than the SD she has currently on her camera. When I shopped online I found that there were many different types of CF memory. There was different speeds of X33, X133 and X233. Can someone give me a dummies explanation of this for me?

I assume those refer to the memory speed. the higher the number the faster the memory, the faster the memory the more pictures you can snap in a short period of time. If the camera has a burst mode, you want the fastest memory possible. If you are lining up pictures or tulips in Pella, then maybe you don't need REALLY fast memory.

Last edited by TxCycloneFan; 05-21-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: typo
    Go Clones!!
    Gig 'em Aggies!!
    Saw 'em off!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Sandisk is offering a pretty nice rebate on their Compact Flash cards until 6/29/08. You can either get a Visa gift card (can use anywhere) or gift cert (to the merchant you buy the card from) for the amount of the rebate. I think some merchants are offering a 10-20% bump on the gift cert amount to give that incentive over the Visa gift card option.

2 pages to this document...one page is for the gift cert. and one page is for the Visa gift card - use the correct page for the option you select. Note, the prices listed on this document are not what you'd pay from some of the resellers - you'll pay less. However, your rebate amount will still be the same. :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWor...isa_Cheque.pdf

Sandisk is a very reliable vendor - some of the cheaper cards write very slowly (can't snap another photo until it's done writing) and even lose some/all of their data at times.

Here's a link to B&H photo (specifically their Sandisk cards), very good vendor, great prices...

CompactFlash | B&H Photo Video

I just bought a 16gig Extreme III card from Adorama - arrived in just a few days and they're offering a little bump on the gift cert. option.

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 31

Personally I have had great luck with the Lexar Professional CF. 133X speed with Write acceleration (Wa). A couple of 2gb and 4gb, never had an issue.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks Guys!

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa