Anytime Fitness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Anytime Fitness

  1. #1
    It's Fun to have Fun.
    Points: 71,659, Level: 83
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Jack34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,024
    Points
    71,659
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Anytime Fitness

    I'm thinking of joining Anytime and was curious if anyone had any feedback on the gym? Monthly price or if there is a sign up fee?

    I know there are numerous gyms throughout Des Moines and it's tough to decide on one. Anytime seems decent and is less than a miles from my house.

    Thanks ya'll.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,462, Level: 68
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,884
    Points
    49,462
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by jcs33 View Post
    I'm thinking of joining Anytime and was curious if anyone had any feedback on the gym? Monthly price or if there is a sign up fee?

    I know there are numerous gyms throughout Des Moines and it's tough to decide on one. Anytime seems decent and is less than a miles from my house.

    Thanks ya'll.
    My wife and I have been a member since they opened in Altoona. I think that'll be 2 years in September.

    We love it. Like most places it's busy right after work. It's nice to be able to go in later in the evening without having to worry about a closing time.

    We pay $64.95 a month for the two of us. When we signed up there was no sign up fee. I think they were just trying to get people in the door. If you watch those Valu-Paks that you get in the mail they often have coupons in there.

    I think the people that go there are just trying to get into shape. It's not the meatheads and beauty queens that you tend to see in some gyms. I haven't had any problems since we got there.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  3. #3
    It's Fun to have Fun.
    Points: 71,659, Level: 83
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Jack34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,024
    Points
    71,659
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    My wife and I have been a member since they opened in Altoona. I think that'll be 2 years in September.

    We love it. Like most places it's busy right after work. It's nice to be able to go in later in the evening without having to worry about a closing time.

    We pay $64.95 a month for the two of us. When we signed up there was no sign up fee. I think they were just trying to get people in the door. If you watch those Valu-Paks that you get in the mail they often have coupons in there.

    I think the people that go there are just trying to get into shape. It's not the meatheads and beauty queens that you tend to see in some gyms. I haven't had any problems since we got there.
    Hey, great feedback, thank alot. I couldn't be happier about not having the "meatheads" in there checking themselves out in the mirror more than just doing the exercising.

    The price seems fairly reasonable. For a single, I was just hoping to get in for under $40/month.



  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 5,254, Level: 21
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    stormchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    98
    Points
    5,254
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    jc
    I was a member of an anytime fitness for about a year. The facility I went to wasn't in Des Moines, but I think they are all close to the same thing. It was a great way to work out. Both my wife and have recently joined the Y because it offers more for our children, but we both miss the privacy and convenience of Any Time.
    CAUTION: The financial portion is handled by ABC Financial. They have some "in my opinion" less than ethical practices. They force you to end your membership a month in advance. So remember that or you will end up paying an extra month when exiting your membership.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 16,169, Level: 38
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Landshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,450
    Points
    16,169
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    I also go to Anytime in Altoona and like the convenience of it. I have a discount through my old job that goes for another couple years.

    Like SuperCy said, it's people just trying to get in shape.

    One other great thing is you can go to any Anytime Fitness so occasionally I work out in Ames after work.


    "The Constituiton...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."- - -Thomas Jefferson, Sept. 6, 1819.

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 22,731, Level: 46
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,057
    Points
    22,731
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Picking a gym can be a difficult decision. I used to belong to a small gym in a strip mall in Urbandale next to the old Okaboji Grill. It wasn't anything fancy and no meatheads.

    When I moved down to Littleton, I joined a little privately owned gym a few miles away. The ownership changed and membership skyrocketed, so my workouts became waiting in line to use a piece of equipment.

    I now go to 24 Hour Fitness...$20/month. It is a meat market, however there are still alot of people there just to get in shape. I needed a gym membership and couldn't pass up the price.

    I wish there were more little gyms around for people who just want to get in shape without having to deal with the steroid junkies.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 170,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,871
    Points
    170,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    I go to the Anytime Fitness in WDM and love it. It's never crowded and you can get in and get your workout done quickly.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    I had a membership to Anytime fitness and wasn't a huge fan, mainly because it was kinda out of the way and had no decent lat machine.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  9. #9
    It's Fun to have Fun.
    Points: 71,659, Level: 83
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Jack34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,024
    Points
    71,659
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    I go to the Anytime Fitness in WDM and love it. It's never crowded and you can get in and get your workout done quickly.

    What do you think of the pricing? Did you have a sign up fee?



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 271,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    I had a membership to Anytime fitness and wasn't a huge fan, mainly because it was kinda out of the way and had no decent lat machine.
    This is my question. I have never been in an Anytime or 24hr fitness. Do they have a lot of equipment or is it limited to cardio and machines?

    How is their free weight area (or do they even have one outside a few dumbells??).

    There is one of these gyms down the road from me on University and it just looks too tiny to have all the equipment I like to see a gym offer?



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    This is my question. I have never been in an Anytime or 24hr fitness. Do they have a lot of equipment or is it limited to cardio and machines?

    How is their free weight area (or do they even have one outside a few dumbells??).

    There is one of these gyms down the road from me on University and it just looks too tiny to have all the equipment I like to see a gym offer?
    They were pretty good on the free weights, unless there was other people there that wanted to use them. The thing that irked me is they didnt have the basic cable pulldowns which I use for alot of things.

    Also, I am pretty tall (6'5") so some of the machines just don't work as well for me as the cables would.


    Last edited by cybsball20; 05-21-2008 at 10:53 AM.

    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 79,965, Level: 87
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,376
    Points
    79,965
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 16

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    My wife and I have been a member since they opened in Altoona. I think that'll be 2 years in September.
    I believe one of my old college roommates is the club manager at the Altoona location. Very nice guy and knows fitness very well.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,462, Level: 68
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,884
    Points
    49,462
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by RyCy04 View Post
    I believe one of my old college roommates is the club manager at the Altoona location. Very nice guy and knows fitness very well.
    What's his name. There is a guy there that's fairly new.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,462, Level: 68
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,884
    Points
    49,462
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    They were pretty good on the free weights, unless there was other people there that wanted to use them. The thing that irked me is they didnt have the basic cable pulldowns which I use for alot of things.

    Also, I am pretty tall (6'5") so some of the machines just don't work as well for me as the cables would.
    The one in Altoona seems to be OK in that area. They have a cable cross over machine. On that machine there are stations on both ends for lats, low cable row, and another pulley system. On the other side is the assisted lat/tricep machine. That's more than enough.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Anytime Fitness

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    The one in Altoona seems to be OK in that area. They have a cable cross over machine. On that machine there are stations on both ends for lats, low cable row, and another pulley system. On the other side is the assisted lat/tricep machine. That's more than enough.
    The one I went to was 86th and Douglass. They had a lat pulldown 'machine' that was too small and I couldn't get a full range of mothion. They had a cable machine, the kind with the adjustable arms, but it was pretty limited and didn't have much weight on it.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM