Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 114

Charter Buses for away games?

A friend and I have made it a habit of hitting a road game every year, in a quest to go to every stadium in the Big 12. As we are in the process of planning this year's road trip (Baylor), we rembered when we went to K-State in '06 we ran into a charter bus full of ISU fans, and most the ones we talked to said they posted on CF. We were curious if anyone knew whether or not those buses were set up by the University, the Cyclone Club, whether they make a trip to every game, etc, etc. If anyone knows what the deal is regarding those trips to away games, we would appreciate any info. Thanks.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 95

Re: Charter Buses for away games?

Bumping this back up as I'm curious about this as well. I'm wanting to hit more away games as the g/f and I are going to try to make it to an away game each year also.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

My thought right now is to first go to Sewer City to watch the Hawkeye meltdown and then wait and see at the end of the season if we are looking at a bowl possiblity going into Manhattan. If so, you can count on me being down there for the first time for a road game.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

Id love a charter to any road game. Anything to save me driving back after the game.

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Charters would have been nice...

I remember hearing about a bus trip or two being set up before... I want to say the Alumni Association set it up but I dont' remember for sure...

It certainly isn't to every game. The bus would have been handy I'm sure unless you wanted to hit the tailgating.... you're better off organizing a meeting point at a tailgate lot or getting a little convoy going for that...

If you're heading to Baylor this year look for Superfan and I, assuming I can afford a plane ticket in the fall thats on our list of places to hit this year

Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 342

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Guy View Post
    Charters would have been nice...

I remember hearing about a bus trip or two being set up before... I want to say the Alumni Association set it up but I dont' remember for sure...

It certainly isn't to every game. The bus would have been handy I'm sure unless you wanted to hit the tailgating.... you're better off organizing a meeting point at a tailgate lot or getting a little convoy going for that...

If you're heading to Baylor this year look for Superfan and I, assuming I can afford a plane ticket in the fall thats on our list of places to hit this year
    Dont buy tickets for the Baylor game. I went last time and some guy outside of the stadium sold me 2 for 10 bucks. I asked where they were and he just told me you can basically sit wherever you want.

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 65

The Gridiron club sometimes has bus trips...last time I went to K-State was on the gridiron bus. Costs minimum of $100/yr to belong. Overall,it is well worth it. You're helping support the football team by belonging.

U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Starter
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Dont buy tickets for the Baylor game. I went last time and some guy outside of the stadium sold me 2 for 10 bucks. I asked where they were and he just told me you can basically sit wherever you want.
    Hahaha, very good to know since I was planning on going this year.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

We are talking about heading to Boulder for the CU game in November. We are looking and flying and driving. I prefer to fly but it is getting expensive!

"where there is pain, let us bring grace. for those afraid, let us be brave. where there is misery, let us bring relief. let us be the remedy" dc*b

http://billclarkproject52.blogspot.com/

Starter
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    A friend and I have made it a habit of hitting a road game every year, in a quest to go to every stadium in the Big 12. As we are in the process of planning this year's road trip (Baylor), we rembered when we went to K-State in '06 we ran into a charter bus full of ISU fans, and most the ones we talked to said they posted on CF. We were curious if anyone knew whether or not those buses were set up by the University, the Cyclone Club, whether they make a trip to every game, etc, etc. If anyone knows what the deal is regarding those trips to away games, we would appreciate any info. Thanks.
    How about a train trip to the CU game. There's one being put together over on Cyclone Report and I'm sure they have some room for you.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

If you are looking to go to 1 road game this year (other than Iowa) I would say hold out for the K-State game. I have not been to Waco but some friends did a few years ago on a last minute idea and found out its a dry campus when they got there. K-State's tailgate lot technically is dry too because it's on a state park but if you put your booze in a plastic cup and don't act like an idiot the cops will walk right by without bothering you. Their fans were pretty friendly when we were there too, of all the Big 12 road trips I've been on I'd still say we have the best tailgating but K-State probably is the next best of the North teams.

Go Cubs Go!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 7

i would love to do go on a charter probably CU i heard Waco kind of sucks but i would go just because we have a good chance of winning it, Im already flying out to Vegas for that game and me and about 6 other people are driving to Iowa city the week before to watch that game so i think im booked for this year..

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 114

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    If you are looking to go to 1 road game this year (other than Iowa) I would say hold out for the K-State game. I have not been to Waco but some friends did a few years ago on a last minute idea and found out its a dry campus when they got there. K-State's tailgate lot technically is dry too because it's on a state park but if you put your booze in a plastic cup and don't act like an idiot the cops will walk right by without bothering you. Their fans were pretty friendly when we were there too, of all the Big 12 road trips I've been on I'd still say we have the best tailgating but K-State probably is the next best of the North teams.

Manhattan was a good time. Similar to Ames, except when we got there, they were chasing sheep out of the tailgate lot (Kstaters called it the "sheep lot"). I've been talking to folks on the Baylor board and they said the exact same thing about alcohol that K-State does. If you dump it in cups and don't act like and idiot, they don't care.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.