Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    I was hoping someone that knows stats could give me a comparison from last yr between
    these two guys. My brother-in-law is a big hawk fan, I think that tate is very overrated we were
    having the much debated my qb is better than yours.I was hoping to have some stats of Meyer and tate that supported my beliefs or really just some comparison stats. Thanks all.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    Tate

Passing:
    219/352
    2828 yards
    62.2%
    22 TD
    7 INT
    8.0 Yds/a
    16 sacks
    146.35 QB rating

Rushing:
    44 Att
    41 Yds
    1 TD

Meyer

Passing:
    227/368
    2876 yards
    61.7%
    19 TD
    10 INT
    7.8 Yds/a
    39 sacks
    138.94 QB rating

Rushing:
    133 Att
    123 Yds
    1 TD

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    It's tough to say really. Their stats are almost identical from last year:

Meyer
    Yards: 2876
    TDs: 19
    INTs: 10
    Completion %: 61.7
    Rating: 138.94

Tate
    Yards: 2828
    TDs: 22
    INTs: 7
    Completion %: 62.2
    Rating: 146.35

Tate's are a little better to be sure. He also benefitted from playing behind a good offensive line that only allowed 16 sacks and he had the Big 10's leading rusher in Young taking pressure off of him. Meyer was absolutely clubbed for 39 sacks and had a terrible rush game helping him. So really, statistically, you could say that they were probably pretty even last year all things considered.

It should be noted as well that Tate was coming off of being the Big 10 offensive MVP, and Meyer was entering his first year as a full time starter. Expectations were a little different and they still were virtually the same. Their teams even finished with the same record. It really is a matter of preference at this point in my opinion.

All of that being said, yes, Tate is vastly overrated by Hawk fans. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    lol good timing, huh?

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    I think Hawk fans are remembering the 2004 season and how Tate played in the bowl game - treating him like the next coming of Jesus. They failed to see how is emotions got the best of him in a few games in 2005 - perhaps costing the Hawks a win or two.

Tate is a good QB, I&#39;d take him on my team most days. Yet when asked who do I want, Tate or Meyer - I&#39;ll take Meyer.

IMO, he&#39;s got a better upside and more all-around athletic potential. As Bryce noted, their stats were very similar last year - a Junior QB who is supposed to be great compared to a sophomore QB in his first full year of starting.

That tells me a lot.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Please do not hate on Tate...

are you not aware that the power of our Lord eminates as rays of gold from Tate&#39;s bum? Any Hawkeye fan worth his/her salt will tell you so. After the expected drubbing of ISU next fall...I fully expect Tate to change soda drinks to glorious wine in Kinnick.

I don&#39;t know why we even make the trip to pay the Hawkeyes with the "chosen one" at QB for the black and gold..

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Comparing Sophmore Seasons..... edge goes to Meyer on all counts...

Meyer
    Yards: 2876
    TDs: 19
    INTs: 10
    Completion %: 61.7
    Rating: 138.94

Tate
    Yards: 2,256
    TDs: 16
    INTs: 11
    Completion %: 61.2
    Rating: 132.5

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,554
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 60
    And for their sophomore years, neither team could run the ball, Iowa because of injury, and ISU because of lack of blocking/hanging on to the football/injury issues..Defenses knew the pass was the only thing they anyone could do..of course, who compares to Todd Blythe as a receiver for Iowa? He could make even Kevin Caldwell a passing quarterback&#33;

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    severe concussions due to lack of anger managment following key interceptions

Tate - 1

Myers - 0

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; May 30 2006, 02&#58;52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    severe concussions due to lack of anger managment following key interceptions
    Tate - 1

Myers - 0
    [/b][/quote]

Classic&#33;&#33;

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nj829 &#064; May 30 2006, 02&#58;50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    And for their sophomore years, neither team could run the ball, Iowa because of injury, and ISU because of lack of blocking/hanging on to the football/injury issues..Defenses knew the pass was the only thing they anyone could do..of course, who compares to Todd Blythe as a receiver for Iowa? He could make even Kevin Caldwell a passing quarterback&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

Tate has decent recievers his sophmore year. Hinkle and Solomon were both solid receivers

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nj829 &#064; May 30 2006, 07&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]

Blythe gets way to much credit for Meyer&#39;s success. He is a great receiver, no doubt. But he struggled mightily at the start of last year and has never lead the team in receptions. Meyer is excellent and shouldn&#39;t be overshadowed by anyone.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 16
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; May 30 2006, 08&#58;21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Blythe gets way to much credit for Meyer&#39;s success. He is a great receiver, no doubt. But he struggled mightily at the start of last year and has never lead the team in receptions. Meyer is excellent and shouldn&#39;t be overshadowed by anyone.
    [/b][/quote]Blythe did drop a lot of big passes (which also happened to be deep passes) early in the season. This could have drastically improved Meyer&#39;s numbers.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    OK the conspiracy theorist in me is still not convinced it was Blythe wearing #1 the first half of the season. Did you ever see him take his helmet off in the first half of the year. I didn&#39;t think so. Freak of nature record healing time. He just wasn&#39;t ready and the establishment didn&#39;t want to admit it so they put some other fast white guy, but one who couldn&#39;t really catch in his jersey and figured we wouldn&#39;t notice. Well I noticed. It wasn&#39;t Todd Blythe. It wasn&#39;t even a guy named Todd. Was it really a guy......

Or then again maybe he just lost his confidence and concentration...nah it wasn&#39;t him.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 9
    If someone came up to me today and asked, "Who would you want to lead your team between Tate or Meyer?" I would easily blurt out "Bret Meyer". Why you might ask? I mean Drew Tate is the equivilent of God in Eastern Iowa so why wouldnt I pick him??? Crazy riight, WRONG&#33;&#33;&#33; Bret Meyer has done more with less talent than Drew "crybaby" Tate has. Tate has never had O-Line issues in his 2 years as a starter, while Meyer does and still puts up numbers the same as his. Meyer has alot more potential to be an NFL QB because of his poise, smarts, size, accuracy, and longevity. Tate aka "God" has had more injuries in 2 weeks than Meyer has had in his career&#33;&#33; The funny thing about all of this is, Tate was heavily recruited outta HS and set all of these Texas records, while Meyer wasnt heavily recruited small town Iowa boy and already Meyer has done just as much as "God" has in his first 2 years. Meyer would be freakishly good if he had loads of talent around him, for example (in the NFL) I think he would shine. Also one point of concern when looking for a QB to lead a squad, do you really want a cry baby that rants and raves all over the football field to lead your team or do u want a calm cool collected kid to? Umm I think I&#39;ll go with #7 over #5 anyday of the week&#33;&#33;&#33;