Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Here's how I think it will go down

Here's how I think things will shake out regarding McCarney as football coach. Pollard will hold news conference and tell Cyclone Nation that because of all that Dan has done for ISU football that he deserves another year. Pollard will state that significant improvement is expected from McCarney and his staff. This will take Pollard off the hook, because we will be no good next year and there will absolutely no doubt from anyone after next year that a change needs to be made. We will sell a lot less season tickets next year, but Cyclone fans will come out for the big games at home no matter what. And there are plenty of those next year, Texas, Oklahoma, and Iowa. While season tickets may be down actual attendence at games may not differ too much from this season. The downside to all of this will be recruiting. This season and next season will be "lost" recruiting years for ISU football. I have no inside info on any of this, just my opinion.

Addict
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

Re: Here's how I think it will go down

That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Give Mac another year because the program is going down the drain? If anything, JP will want to right the situation ASAP, and not give the coaching staff another opportunity to stink it up on the field. I just don't like the sound of having the Meyer/Blythe era defined by almosts and nevers.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

If BVDV was the AD I would agree, but JP doesn't mess around.

Starter
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    Here's how I think things will shake out regarding McCarney as football coach. Pollard will hold news conference and tell Cyclone Nation that because of all that Dan has done for ISU football that he deserves another year. Pollard will state that significant improvement is expected from McCarney and his staff. This will take Pollard off the hook, because we will be no good next year and there will absolutely no doubt from anyone after next year that a change needs to be made. We will sell a lot less season tickets next year, but Cyclone fans will come out for the big games at home no matter what. And there are plenty of those next year, Texas, Oklahoma, and Iowa. While season tickets may be down actual attendence at games may not differ too much from this season. The downside to all of this will be recruiting. This season and next season will be "lost" recruiting years for ISU football. I have no inside info on any of this, just my opinion.

Your kidding of course! No way that makes any sense what's so ever! If this is what happens the we need an AD with "some onions".

Addict
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,995
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 55

I don't buy that there is really that much support for Mac right now that our attendance won't suffer greatly. I have no urge to watch UoI, UT and OU come here and beat the crap out of us. I see no reason to prolong the agony. I think you'll see alot of people jump off of the bandwagon if Mac is kept on as coach. I would come up to games as far back as the mid 80's when I was in High School. Oklahoma never drew that big of a crowd even then. The only teams that made a signifigant dent were Iowa and Nebraska. Obviously, Iowa will sell out again, but, the rest of the games I don't see that happening. I'd guess a lot of 35,000 type games.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Don't get me wrong, I think that McCarney should be gone, in fact I think that Pollard should announce that he will not be coming back after we get waxed by KU at home this weekend. But, I just have a bad feeling that Pollard will not pull the trigger at this time. I really hope that JP proves me wrong.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 550
    Given: 349

I find it interesting we have been talking about talent for awhile. With the injuries, we are left with Stephonson, Curvey, Meyer, and Blythe. We have quit talking about all three. I guess the remaining talent cannot outweigh the negativity of never really beating anyone decisively. Biggest positive surprise this year has been play of Bowen, McKenzie, Brandtner, and Shaggy. They have topped the other four in the end.Those were the stars this year.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

Pollard doesn't need to be "let off the hook". He's a decison maker. He didn't wait on Morgan and to let the program deterioate on purpose would not be doing his job.