Thread: Tickets

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Tickets

Anybody else here pumped about the basketball season!!! I sure the heck am.

What does somebody have to do to get 100 level tickets?

All the single game tickets and season tickets I see on Cyclones.com are in the 200 level. All the single game tickets I see are very high up, row 12 or higher?

How does one get better tickets?

Thanks

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,152
    Given: 224

Re: Tickets

Donate alot of money and buy season tickets!!!

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

So you buy 200 level season tickets and then donate lots of money?

All of the 100 level tickets and lower row 200 level tickets are season ticket holders? Dam I would say that is really good.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

Pumped isn't even the word anymore, I am inflated as far as I can possibly get about basketball. The sound of basketballs hitting the hardwood, sneakers squeeking, the fans in Hilton getting steadily louder during a late game surge, and the roof blowing off the building after a big play to take the lead against one of the heavyweights of the Big 12. Can you tell that I have been thinking about this for a while?

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227

That's why Pollard had those courtside season ticket auctions. The 100 level has a 99% season ticket renewal rate.

That being said, my wife's boss gave us some 100 level tickets a few times the last few years... and it is totally badass to watch a game down there. I love it.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I guess I missed out on the ticket auctions. I'm curious how much did they go for?

So are people who have 100 level tickets grandfathered in? Or is strictly by how much you donate? So if you buy season tickets and donate more than somebody who has had 100 level tickets for 10 years you can bump them back? Is that how it works?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 42

Join Cyclone Alley!!!!! I am telling everyone right now, the Alley will be rockin this year and I will make sure that it is. I love college basketball and the Cyclones.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Cyclone Alley is not an option I graduated 2 years ago. It was definitely awesome when I was there though!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227

So are people who have 100 level tickets grandfathered in? Or is strictly by how much you donate? So if you buy season tickets and donate more than somebody who has had 100 level tickets for 10 years you can bump them back? Is that how it works?
    No, it goes by seniority I believe, prior to this year. (that could definitly be changing though). That was another reason for the auction - there were people donating over the level required (some way over the level required) and not getting 100 level seats because people had been renewing for so long.

I never saw the final numbers on the season ticket auctions, but I'm going to go ahead and guess it was out of my price range.

Last edited by BryceC; 11-01-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: used a dumb sentence

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I see. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll stick with the high row 200 level tickets this year. Oh well I still can't wait. I know this is young team but it is going to be so much funner to watch than the last couple of years.

Go clones!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

Points of Note:
    1. Auctions were canceled. Not enough interest for the extra bidding. Had to donate $5,000, and then by tickets at $2,500 each. I believe they went by priority points.
    2. Seating is based on donations and a formula. Currently it takes at least Captains level to have Parquet seats. There are some Captains that are still on a waiting list.
    3. It did not use to take Captains, so there are some that have Gold/Gold Plus donation levels that still have seats. They were grandfathered (I believe this is correct, but am not 100%). However, I believe when they re-do this in the future, they Will probably have to go at least the same level.
    4. If you keep your donations at the right level you keep your seats. A new donor does not bump you.
    5. For changing, upgrading or new seats their is a priority point process (it is on the Cyclone website). First determination is donation level, then based on points for season tickets, lifetime donations etc...
    6. One of the points that many will want to have done when the levels are updated, is to make sure everyone is in the level they are paying for. Gets frustrating for a higher donor to not get seats where someone is paying less. If the older donor has been a ticket holder and donor for a long time, they should have priority, but also should be required to donate for the correct level assigned to the seats.
    7. Similar issues in football seating. It is compounded more by the fact there are some who made major donations long time ago (Thank you to them), and who do not have to donate now. An agreement was made and needs to be kept, but it is frustrating some newer donors. While the stadium will not be re-seated, look for the section boundaries to change.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Thanks!!