Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

6-6 would be a DISASTER

Anyone who thinks 6-6 would be wonderful needs to look at the facts.
    Even if ISU wins out, here are the consequences:
    -Motor City Bowl: the absolute pit of bowls in Detroit.
    -No one would go, giving ISU the reputation of being a school with a bad fan following at bowls
    -McCarney MIGHT get to keep his job, assuring us of yet another 6-6 season at the very best next year, probably worse than that
    -another DISASTEROUS year of recruiting for a lame duck coach
    -top recruites in state of Iowa to the Hawkeyes
    -half empty stadium
    -Pollard would get to go through all of this again next year
    RIGHT NOW THE CYCLONES COULD EASILY BE 0-8
    6-6 would be a disaster!!!!

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 181

Re: 6-6 would be a DISASTER

A disaster huh?

It would be disasterous for us to put something together and win 3 games in a row?

It would be disasterous to see the seniors who have fought for this program for 4 or 5 years go out on a winning note and to another bowl game?

It would be disasterous if we got much needed extra practice time and the money that follows going to a bowl game?

It would be disasterous from a fan perspective to watch winning Cyclone football?

Or would it be disasterous because you are one of the people who want Mac gone and want to see this program fail under his leadership no matter what the circumstances are?

That is not a fan.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I agree with ketelmeister on this one. You can call me a bad fan if you want but I'm looking at the future. McCarney has proved he can not take this program to the next level. He has had 12 years!

Fire McCarney and lets look at the future. What is point of keeping him any longer? Look at next seasons schedule. It doesn't get any easier. If McCarney is still around we will be going through this same crap next year guaranteed.

Look at the basketball program. Do you think people would be all excited and as many tickets would have sold if Morgan was still here? Heck no. People are pumped about the basketball program right now because they know a change was made which will make the program better in the future. Do fans expect the basketball team to have a fanastic season this year? No they understand the situation.

Pollard could do the same with the football program. Fire McCarney and start selling hope of the new and improved program. How can he do that with McCarney? He can't.

Fans including myself are sick and tired of McCarney and want a change!!!

So go ahead and call me a bad fan or say I'm not even a fan. But I want what is best for ISU and that means firing McCarney and looking towards the future.

If that means not renewing my season tickets and stopping donations to the football program until McCarney is gone. Then that is what I will do to make my voice heard. Posting and ******** on messages boards and to other people is not going to do any good.

This is a business and money talks.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Part of me thinks it would be better to do the UNC approach. Just let people know there will be another coach next year so they can still support the clones in winning and not just pull the "no show" mentality because they want Mac gone.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

6-6 would be a disaster, why? Because at Iowa State we have been settling for mediocre and going to the little **** ant bowls that we get, so if we go 6-6 we will probably give Mac another extension and and pay raise and say hey we've gone to six bowls now. Morale of the story we need to have SOMEONE ELSE coaching us next year to get us out of this settling for mediocre crap!

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by bcr4isu View Post
    6-6 would be a disaster, why? Because at Iowa State we have been settling for mediocre and going to the little **** ant bowls that we get, so if we go 6-6 we will probably give Mac another extension and and pay raise and say hey we've gone to six bowls now. Morale of the story we need to have SOMEONE ELSE coaching us next year to get us out of this settling for mediocre crap!
    I disagree. If we win the last three games it means our defense has improved a ton in a short amount of time with very young players. And, it means our offense turned things around.

However, I don't think you're going to need to worry about it. I would be very surprised if we won another game.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Good idea JokersWild. I was at the Texas A&M and a lot of people did not show. The numbers which left at half and in the 3rd quarter was even more.

After our showing at Kansas State last weekend the numbers who will show this weekend are going to be even worse. If we lose this weekend and next at Colorado then the Mizzo game is going to be pretty sad for ISU fans.

Give the fans some hope and something to get excited about like a new coach. At this point there is nothing. Do you think people are going to get excited about another mediocre or losing season with Dan McCarney as head coach? Yeah right!!!

Even if we have a losing season but a new coach next year people will understand and support them. Yeah if the new coach doesn't produce results after several years then we will be in the same situation we are now. But you have to at least try something new.

Throwing more money at the problem is not going to do any good but a change just might be. If 12 years is not enough time for a coach to prove themselves then I don't know what is.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 825
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

To call me a bad fan is a crock...season tickets, donation to the program. I'm simply stating a fact that 6-6 is NOT a fabulous season. I hope we do win out and McCarney goes. A program either goes up or down, not level. Look at the facts, we are headed down.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 872
    Given: 619

I think looking at the season as a whole 6-6 isn't necessarily a disaster, just a very disappointing season. the disaster would be going 5-7. Why do I think this way? Why? Because at least it would show that the players had the testicular fortitude to stick this season out, even when it is in the toilet. plus, winning out puts us in a bowl game. yes, it'll be one of the worst bowl games we've ever been in, and i know the argument is half of d1A goes to a bowl, but a bowl game is still a bowl game (even if is in shreveport or detoilet, mi). besides, looking at any of the rankings on any of the media sites, we're not even in the top 80. i think winning out, finishing in the top half of d1A, and going to any kind of postseason play would be at least a bright spot on a very disappointing season.

that being said, i'm not gonna bet my apartment lease on winning out this season

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Walk On
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    A disaster huh?

It would be disasterous for us to put something together and win 3 games in a row?

It would be disasterous to see the seniors who have fought for this program for 4 or 5 years go out on a winning note and to another bowl game?

It would be disasterous if we got much needed extra practice time and the money that follows going to a bowl game?

It would be disasterous from a fan perspective to watch winning Cyclone football?

Or would it be disasterous because you are one of the people who want Mac gone and want to see this program fail under his leadership no matter what the circumstances are?

That is not a fan.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

C-world....didn't we get screwed out of our money in the Houston bowl?

Look , I'm for all the things you mentioned above and I still want Mac gone. Tell me what Mac has done in 12 years to keep him. Is it his 2-49 record against teams that finish with a winning record in the Big 12? Look, Mac took us as far as he could in his time here (12 years). We need a good game day coach, someone who knows X's and O's. Someone who will have good coaches for both the O and the D. What we don't need is more spin. I will thank Mac for his time here and for all he did for the clone nation, but it's time to move on.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

I think the fate of the coaching staff has already been decided, one way or another - regardless of how we finish.

Fair or unfair - who knows. Pollard is either going to keep or fire D-Mac - obviously.

And I think the measuring stick had to be the Tech and K-State game. If he had not "made the decision" after those two games...D-Mac's gonna stay. If he has, D-Mac's gonna go even if he wins out.

Regardless, I'd rather finish 6-6 than 3-9 any day.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 825
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree with you cy fan...he's gone.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

If anyone thinks the ISU D can stop Chase Daniel and Mizzou, assuming we had already beaten CU and KU in prior weeks is smoking the hippie lettuce. ISU couldn't beat Mizzou 2 yrs ago with history on the line (although we did claim a co-championship which DMac so proudly proclaims!). I see our best chance at one more W coming this week with KU. But c'mon, JJ4ISU, even if the young D improves greatly, the veteran O will still sputter.

I have to agree with ketelmeister on every point here. By this point in progression of the program, I would hope that one of the bowls DMac brags about going to would have been on New Years Day or after.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by frontrangeclone View Post
    If anyone thinks the ISU D can stop Chase Daniel and Mizzou, assuming we had already beaten CU and KU in prior weeks is smoking the hippie lettuce. ISU couldn't beat Mizzou 2 yrs ago with history on the line (although we did claim a co-championship which DMac so proudly proclaims!). I see our best chance at one more W coming this week with KU. But c'mon, JJ4ISU, even if the young D improves greatly, the veteran O will still sputter.

I have to agree with ketelmeister on every point here. By this point in progression of the program, I would hope that one of the bowls DMac brags about going to would have been on New Years Day or after.
    I would have settled for Holiday bowl

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I might have also settled for alamo bowl