Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 394,167, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,766
    Points
    394,167
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 404
    Given: 293

    Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Iowan has possibilities:TH - Local Sports Article


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 132,856, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,353
    Points
    132,856
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Eric is a heck of a player, and I would love to have him for football or basketball. It would be nice if he would grow an inch or two though, then he could fill the swingman role. If we don't get CJ Wilcox or Rodney Williams, I would love to see Eric in a Cyclone uniform.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 254,373, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,498
    Points
    254,373
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 395

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Wiliams is a Gopher.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 179,506, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,757
    Points
    179,506
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 506

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Eric is a heck of a player, and I would love to have him for football or basketball. It would be nice if he would grow an inch or two though, then he could fill the swingman role. If we don't get CJ Wilcox or Rodney Williams, I would love to see Eric in a Cyclone uniform.
    I think we've got plenty of choices before we reach that point. I'd be disappointed if he became a Cyclone hoopster, for various reasons.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 19,935, Level: 43
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Cardinal&Gold11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    1,860
    Points
    19,935
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    I don't see the need to go after him. We have a ton of players that will compete for that spot he would need. I wouldn't be dissapointed but there are other places that we can look.


    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

  6. #6
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    creightonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    682
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    I hate to say it... but you have to remember where Dubuque is located: the heart of Hawkeye Country. I knew Eric's older sister, Stephanie, when she was at UNI so there doesn't seem to be any family ties to Iowa City, but you never know. I hate to admit it, but Eastern Iowans will walk-on at Iowa (see former Washington Warriors Bruggeman, O'Meara, and McGrath) even if they have received scholarship offers from other schools. I'm not admitting defeat to the hands of the Hawks already, but it's something you have to consider when dealing with Eastern Iowan recruits.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 15,035, Level: 37
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cypwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amekeny
    Posts
    945
    Points
    15,035
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 53

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Quote Originally Posted by creightonclone View Post
    I hate to say it... but you have to remember where Dubuque is located: the heart of Hawkeye Country. I knew Eric's older sister, Stephanie, when she was at UNI so there doesn't seem to be any family ties to Iowa City, but you never know. I hate to admit it, but Eastern Iowans will walk-on at Iowa (see former Washington Warriors Bruggeman, O'Meara, and McGrath) even if they have received scholarship offers from other schools. I'm not admitting defeat to the hands of the Hawks already, but it's something you have to consider when dealing with Eastern Iowan recruits.
    Make sure you tell that to Aaron Brant guess he missed the memo.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 17,956, Level: 40
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    768
    Points
    17,956
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    i think he will be a Brandon Myers

    clone at tight end for the Hawkeyes. He is quite the athlete, also a leader and winner.



  9. #9
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    creightonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    682
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Cypwr- I think this is a stupid thing to argue about, but since you brought it up, I'll bite.

    You name one kid from Dubuque (I name three kids from CR) and you think you made some type of counterpoint? One kid... I am a true Cyclone fan, but also a realist. As a realist, I recognize Eastern Iowa kids (for the most part) would rather play for the Hawks than the Clones. Go ahead and name ONE other kid, but that won't change the fact that ISU has not gained a stranglehold over E. Iowa (not yet, at least).



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 15,035, Level: 37
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cypwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amekeny
    Posts
    945
    Points
    15,035
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 53

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Quote Originally Posted by creightonclone View Post
    Cypwr- I think this is a stupid thing to argue about, but since you brought it up, I'll bite.

    You name one kid from Dubuque (I name three kids from CR) and you think you made some type of counterpoint? One kid... I am a true Cyclone fan, but also a realist. As a realist, I recognize Eastern Iowa kids (for the most part) would rather play for the Hawks than the Clones. Go ahead and name ONE other kid, but that won't change the fact that ISU has not gained a stranglehold over E. Iowa (not yet, at least).
    Just off the top of my head Kyle Knock, Brett Kellogg, Ben Lamaak, Troy Blankenship are all from CR not to mention Mahoney from Linn Mar. What does a bunch of guys from the CR area have to do with a recruit from Dubuque? Point is do not give up just because of where a recruit lives. ISU has lots of guys that live in Eastern Iowa. ISU will never gain a stranglehold over that part of the state but that does not mean we should not try.



  11. #11
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypwr View Post
    Just off the top of my head Kyle Knock, Brett Kellogg, Ben Lamaak, Troy Blankenship are all from CR not to mention Mahoney from Linn Mar. What does a bunch of guys from the CR area have to do with a recruit from Dubuque? Point is do not give up just because of where a recruit lives. ISU has lots of guys that live in Eastern Iowa. ISU will never gain a stranglehold over that part of the state but that does not mean we should not try.

    Winner! .



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 85,340, Level: 90
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,104
    Points
    85,340
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    don't act like Iowa State can't have a stanglehold on eastern iowa. This area over here is all for the picking, but the same can be said for central iowa. ISU actually rectuits eastern iowa pretty damn well, just as iowa recruits parts of DM and central iowa well...


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  13. #13
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    creightonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    682
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Once again, I'm not bashing on the Clones, but ISU doesn't get walk-ons who turn down scholarship offers from other D-I programs like Iowa does. Hell, we can't even get guys like Alex Thompson out of high school or keep guys like Haluska in Ames. What about guys like Champ Davis? He went to high school 30 miles away from Ames AND moved to Texas before his senior year of high school and Iowa still got him. It will be a difficult task, but I believe Coach Chizik has what it takes to get some of these guys to come to Ames and hopefully Coach Mac because of his E. Iowa connections.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 253,409, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,572
    Points
    253,409
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    Quote Originally Posted by creightonclone View Post
    Once again, I'm not bashing on the Clones, but ISU doesn't get walk-ons who turn down scholarship offers from other D-I programs like Iowa does.
    When did this happen?



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 19,064, Level: 42
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    CP44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    869
    Points
    19,064
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Eric May of Dubuque Wahlert

    There's no way he could play basketball at Iowa State... Football maybe but he is not even close to being good enough to play basketball.


    Commitment To Excellence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM