Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 52

How sad this is getting

I can't believe how many current and former players are defending Mac. What great guy, work so hard, the very foundation of ISU athletics? I understand that they play or did play for him, but as bad as ISU has stunk up the field this year, shouldn't they just keep quiet?

As far as the long hours Mac and his staff work it reminds me of several former employees: "I worked 65 hours this week!" , Really? Well what did you get done? "well, I ran out of gas on Monday and had to walk to town because I forgot my cell phone, and then....................." Lots of hours, but nothing seems to get done, or look any different.

It actually did sound like the offense started the game with different looks and some fire last week, so we could give BC some credit there. Unfortunately, the offense crashed and burned in the secod half, again, and it is getting pretty late in the season to try and do something about the offense. Maybe the coaches should have been working on this after the Toledo game.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 313

Re: How sad this is getting

The next batch of crap delivered from people sticking up for McC:
    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...1&d=1162229149
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm fine with people speaking their minds. I do it all the time, and if I had played under Mac I would have an even better perspective. That said, I think there are also plenty of former players that don't like Mac all that much and would not support him. They just aren't going to be the ones speaking out. I spoke to a player several years ago with such a view.

Seneca Wallace.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Perhaps we should all shut up about Mac till the end of the season and focus on supporting the staff and the team for the next three weeks. Then, there will be plenty of time to critique the coaching staff. And to be upset that former players are defending Mac? Pleeeeeze, give it a rest. I , for one, am tired of all the whining on this board and have been supporting the football team for a lot longer than 99 % of you! I am frustrated too, but focused on supporting the WHOLE PROGRAM the next 3 weeks. Anyone with me?

Chris Agnew

Pro
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 792
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 96

I'm with ya...it's getting old. We get it, everyone hates Dan. Now that we have that out of the way, let's give our team some support and not jump ship like so many of us criticize Iowa bandwagon fans for doing. Pollard will make the move after the season is done if he decides it's time.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    I'm with ya...it's getting old. We get it, everyone hates Dan. Now that we have that out of the way, let's give our team some support and not jump ship like so many of us criticize Iowa bandwagon fans for doing. Pollard will make the move after the season is done if he decides it's time.
    Agreed. It was fun to Mac Bash when there were supporters, but now I don't think there are any anymore.

Kind of sad to read the posts about people not wanting to watch the Clones anymore. Don't like the fair-weather fans.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Cymaniac, agree. Players do normally support their coach (didn't we see such with Wayne..?). The for season; the stats, points scored, W/L record speak for themselves through nine games. They will do the same at the end of the season - there is no escaping them. Hopefully, soem good things can happen the next three games. Go to the game, enjoy the atmosphere. support the Cyclones win or lose.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I played for him. I don't like him personally. He is a terrible coach from a strategic standpoint, but brings a lot of energy and has a great work ethic. He did certainly upgrade the talent from the time that he got there (I player for Walden and Mac), but I think he has hit his peak for recruiting because it's appearent that he will never be better than a 7-5 type coach.

I don't proclaim to have the right answer for the future. Changing coaches doesn't guarantee a positive outcome. On the other hand, if you are going to make any sort of long-term commitment to football, then IMO, you have to at least try to aspire to something better than what Mac can give you.

Also, personal issues aside, I do give him a lot of credit for what he did with ISU's football program. It's certainly come a long way since the 80's/90's. But that doesn't give Mac a free pass or lifetime contract, IMO.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Ever hear of loyalty? Why do you think players that felt that Mac did them right for 4 years would speak out? That is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard like somehow if you don't believe in bashing Mac then you should shut up even if you are a player that really got a lot from Mac. Spare me all your drivel and let Pollard do the job that he was hired to do. Meanwhile I feel sorry for you as you will probably leave your wife when you start having arguments also.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clacy View Post
    I played for him.
    Also, personal issues aside, I do give him a lot of credit for what he did with ISU's football program. It's certainly come a long way since the 80's/90's. But that doesn't give Mac a free pass or lifetime contract, IMO.
    Thanks for your perspective. It's hard for us fans to really know what goes on behind closed doors at JTS. It does seem like many Mac diehard supporters have given him a lifetime contract. Think about what Coach Snyder did at KSU. That's even bigger than what Mac did, but he knew his time had come and stepped down. Don't you think there were KSU fans who would have given him a free pass just based on what he did for KSU tradition?

I hope JP looks at all angles of the situation before making a decision...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 176

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    Ever hear of loyalty? Why do you think players that felt that Mac did them right for 4 years would speak out? That is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard like somehow if you don't believe in bashing Mac then you should shut up even if you are a player that really got a lot from Mac. Spare me all your drivel and let Pollard do the job that he was hired to do. Meanwhile I feel sorry for you as you will probably leave your wife when you start having arguments also.
    We could do without the hostility in this thread...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

I was at the game this weekend with a buddy of mine who used to play for Dan and we talked about the team, the progression of the program, and prospects for next year, etc.

I like to think that I'm a very knowledgeable fan, however I always realize after discussions with him how little I know. Alot of his opinions mirrored comments from Bruns......such as the deficiencies in the o-line mainly coming from lack of toughness and not a lack of talent. He surprised me by saying that he thought our play calling was fine and probably better now than even when Loney was here.....its just the fact that our line sucks now compared to Loney's. He was also frustrated with the fact that we put ourselves in position plenty of times and then don't finish drives and make the plays.

The one thing he wanted to see more of was reverses and fake reverses to make the defenses play more honest. He seemed to think that with the juco's we're bringing in we will have a good chance at fielding a good team next year......and the qb position should be open for debate since Brett is just no making enough plays. Well I could go on and on.....but its fun to hear it from a former linebackers perspective cause he really understands exactly what's going on out there.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 194

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    We could do without the hostility in this thread...
    I agree.

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post

So someone else has to spare you their drivel, meanwhile we have to read this <insert rude adjective here> where you call someone an idiot and tell them they will probably have a failed marriage. Nice.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,176
    Given: 603

I can't believe that someone is asking former and current players to be quiet with their opinion. Oh, and all the so called national experts should be quiet too. And all the other coaches around the country who comment on the job he has done at Iowa State, and what a class program he runs. Yep, they should all shut up and let the fans decide to run him out of town, because obviously they are all wrong. And I am sure there are a lot of unspecified, anonymous players who just haven't come out to trash their old coach. C'mon people!