Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Anybody listen to postgame?

Quote Originally Posted by ericlambi View Post
    Any choice Mac quotes?? I need a laugh.
    We've got to keep getting better. That starts with the coaches. We've got to do a better job coaching and teaching and get ready for a real fine Kansas team next weekend. I really hope to see a great crowd at JTS to support these kids and this program.

URBCLONE

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by URBCLONE View Post
    We've got to keep getting better. That starts with the coaches. We've got to do a better job coaching and teaching and get ready for a real fine Kansas team next weekend. I really hope to see a great crowd at JTS to support these kids and this program.
    "...a real fine Kansas team"?!

Well, yeah, I guess when you compare the Jayhawks to the Cyclones, that's a pretty accurate appraisal. Now there's a scary thought.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 91

i honestly have no idea whether that is a real or made up quote...he just uses the same BS everyweek, only changes the team name

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by uro cy View Post
    i honestly have no idea whether that is a real or made up quote...he just uses the same BS everyweek, only changes the team name
    May not be word for word, but you are correct, it is what he said.

All-Star
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

Been hearing the "coaching needs to get better" line all year. Couldn't agree more. Sounds like even make thinks it's time for a change.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35

You are kidding on the reply, right? That's the same crap he's been saying all year. It's getting old.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    You are kidding on the reply, right? That's the same crap he's been saying all year. It's getting old.
    Nope. Same ol shiite.

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Blandboy View Post
    Been hearing the "coaching needs to get better" line all year. Couldn't agree more. Sounds like even make thinks it's time for a change.
    ...great idea mac...should we start at the top?

Gusto

Funny, it's the same schpeal he has been saying since day one. When he was winning, everyone loved the sunshine pumped up their kazoo. Not that the clones are underachieving....rip'em.

By the way, that is what I didn't care about him since day one. He's a money generator, but he better reload his staff, or he will be regeneerating his own salary in a couple years.

Gotta love them clones!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 644

A very SAD postgame on the radio. I thought the saddest thing was Ben Bruns saying that after yet another LOSS the team was going to have to deal with it in the locker room. The same could be said for the fanbase. Dealing with this season mite be a little bit tough.

These kinds of seasons can't be in Jamie Pollard's vision for Cyclone football.

It really doesnt matter if Mac stays or goes, it looks to me like a three or four year rebuilding job for whoever our coach might be.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

This type of season is not in Pollard's vision, but as true cyclone fans we must continue to support the program. It is no longer about supporting Mac, it is about supporting renovations to JTS. If the 30,000+ fans that bought season tickets this year turn into 35,000+ next year, Pollard will be able to show prospective coaches that our fan base is ready to take the next step and help pay for it. I will purchase 2 season tix next year even if they raise prices, because I am still a huge fan and believe in Pollard's vision. JTS should be bowled in and when it is completed hopefully whom ever is running the program will see crowds of 60,000+. Frustration is not a strong enough word to describe this season. Our studs bought into the preseason 1st team all conference picks and have wilted under pressure, but if cyclone nation wants a consistent product we must support the program now more than ever. Mac built a foundation, I hope that someone can come in and build a stable program that recruits top notch athletes that stay with the program for 4 years.
    BTW I am also a GT fan and have heard nothing but praise for Jon Tenuta their D coordinator. It is probably a stretch, but we have to come out from under the Fry tree of coaches.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,124
    Given: 1,013

Quote Originally Posted by glovermj44 View Post
    This type of season is not in Pollard's vision, but as true cyclone fans we must continue to support the program. It is no longer about supporting Mac, it is about supporting renovations to JTS. If the 30,000+ fans that bought season tickets this year turn into 35,000+ next year, Pollard will be able to show prospective coaches that our fan base is ready to take the next step and help pay for it. I will purchase 2 season tix next year even if they raise prices, because I am still a huge fan and believe in Pollard's vision. JTS should be bowled in and when it is completed hopefully whom ever is running the program will see crowds of 60,000+. Frustration is not a strong enough word to describe this season. Our studs bought into the preseason 1st team all conference picks and have wilted under pressure, but if cyclone nation wants a consistent product we must support the program now more than ever. Mac built a foundation, I hope that someone can come in and build a stable program that recruits top notch athletes that stay with the program for 4 years.
    BTW I am also a GT fan and have heard nothing but praise for Jon Tenuta their D coordinator. It is probably a stretch, but we have to come out from under the Fry tree of coaches.
    I completely agree with those sentiments, with the exception that I am not convinced that ISU needs a new head coach, or that they will get one. I'm not convinced that they won't though.

Legend
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 249

Quote Originally Posted by glovermj44 View Post
    Regarding your first comments, I agree. The athletic program is bigger than DM. Send your money to support ADJP and his visions for improving ISU. Buy season tickets to support ADJP. That said, I also think it is quite approriate to send, along with your money, a letter expressing displeasure with the current state of the FB program (or any other sport that is not competitive in the Big 12).

ADJP deserves a few years to get his people and programs off and running. If after that time, DM is still around and the FB program is cycling between 2-10 and 7-5 seasons, then it's time to consider pulling the plug on donations. At some point, if the mediocrity continues, the supporters have to start voting with their wallets, or change will never occur. But that time is not now. I have confidence that ADJP knows that FB is key to the prosperity of any college athletic program, and he will not let ISU FB flounder for long, or at all for that matter.

I agree 1000% about getting out from under the Fry tree. Hayden Fry disparaged Iowa State at every opportunity, culminating in the Bret Bielema incident. I never really understood why ISU "rewarded" Fry by hiring one of his assistants.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I once defended Mac for 2 hours as I debated with a hawk fan after our 2-10 campaign. There is much to be said for what he has done and he has all the qualities you would want in a leader. Unfortunately he has lost some quality coaches Larry Coyer & Terry Allen to name a couple. Lately Mac has surrounded himself with coaches that are not producing through recruitment or game prep. The bowl games have been a great way of restoring pride in the program along with the string of victories against Iowa. I became an ISU fan in high school and my freshmen year was Walden's last. ISU games became all about Troy and then we broke out in 2000 (the best year ever for cyclone nation and one I may never see again), the only problem is since 2000 we have not been able to take the next step. It was right there for the taking with Seneca and last year, but we were unable to get it done. As cyclone fans we are constantly in search of respect not only nationally, but in our state. Mac's conference record is not something the gets respect and is unacceptable when it comes to opponents with winning records (over his 12 year tenure). I forgot the record, but just listen to Deace on CYHAWK talk he mentions it every week. Is anyone else growing tired of a Michigan fan representing US on tv? I take that back a little he has done a decent job repin' the fanbase.