Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

Idiot complaining about the renovation and turf

Anyone else have the unpleasant experience of sitting next to an obnoxious fan at the Spring game?

I welcome all fans, but this guy had nothing positive to say about anything and it started well before the 1st snap of the practice.

His major complaints:

1.) Field looked like crap. He just couldn't let it go. I had to inform him they were replacing it after the game.

2.) The renovation work on the West side. Again it looked like "crap". In his mind it:
    a.) Made the stadium look alot smaller
    b.) Poor workmanship...very obvious where they poured the concrete. The seams were easily identifiable.
    c.) The color of concrete..."I sure hope they plan to paint that because it just looks plain and bland. I really thought it would look better than it does"

I won't even get started about his in-game comments, but some people need to get a clue.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Re: Idiot complaining about the renovation and turf

Nothing like that but had some college aged kid that was dropping f-bombs in every sentence with a few younger aged kids nearby, talked the whole time and hardly watched the game, and just never shut up. Think everyone in the area was glad when he and his friends left 1/2 way through.

Go Cubs Go!

Rookie
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    a.) Made the stadium look alot smaller
    personally, I think it does

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

The last game I attended, we had a guy like that in our aisle. Nothing was good enough for him, and just ran his big old mouth half the game.

Ended up leaving during the halftime, which was 2 quarters and a pre-game too late, as far as I was concerned. I don't go to game to hear whining and crying, I used to get enough of that at work.

I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,073
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 63

i agree. im looking forward to having actual season tickets and not student section tickets...the drunk students that could only say "bret meyer sucks" after an interception and were not smart enough to see a bad wr route or horrible oline protection get REALLY old. or wait, then there are those that say "yeah 3rd and 8 and you run up the middle...good play call" until it goes for 9 yards and then we have the coach of the year.

Husker Hater

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99

Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 425

Quote Originally Posted by BD4CY View Post
    personally, I think it does

The stadium doesnt look smaller, you just got bigger.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Nothing like that but had some college aged kid that was dropping f-bombs in every sentence with a few younger aged kids nearby, talked the whole time and hardly watched the game, and just never shut up. Think everyone in the area was glad when he and his friends left 1/2 way through.
    Did you get on him for speaking like that around the kids??? I'll guarantee if anybody was talking like that and my kids were there the SOB would have heard something from me. I'm not calling you out travman, it just gets my blood boiling when you have idiots showing no respect for the people around them and even though 90% of the people around that idiot feel the same, noone wants to confront them.

I hate the complainers whether it be the armchair coaches, QB,defense or in this case grounds keeper and at the games I usually jaw at them back. Whether it be people at the game, the sports place, or chronic complainers here on CF, these people are a waste of space most of the time. Constructive criticism is one thing, but dropping F bombs and yelling at whoever especially when they don't understand some simple concepts of the game makes them look like idiots and alcohol just exaggerates the problem.

And complaining about the field? Did the idiot realize that it is real grass and that the same reason their yard doesn't look very green yet also affects Jack Trice Stadium grass? Jeepers......

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 358
    Given: 1,405

1.) I had to inform him they were replacing it after the game.
    Really? I didnt know that. Are we putting in field turf?

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Really? I didnt know that. Are we putting in field turf?
    No, just replacing the sod. It's lived 8 years, the typical lifetime for a college football field is 5 years. It looked like crap after living past it's expected lifetime and a harsh winter. The last two games last year the ground was beginning to freeze and there was a solid layer of ice across the entire field before any of the snow started to build up on it.

However, the SE corner looked magnificent, if anyone else may have noticed. From like the South 30, bordered by the sideline, down to the end of the field. Too bad none of that was playing surface.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 128

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    Did you get on him for speaking like that around the kids??? I'll guarantee if anybody was talking like that and my kids were there the SOB would have heard something from me. I'm not calling you out travman, it just gets my blood boiling when you have idiots showing no respect for the people around them and even though 90% of the people around that idiot feel the same, noone wants to confront them.

I hate the complainers whether it be the armchair coaches, QB,defense or in this case grounds keeper and at the games I usually jaw at them back. Whether it be people at the game, the sports place, or chronic complainers here on CF, these people are a waste of space most of the time. Constructive criticism is one thing, but dropping F bombs and yelling at whoever especially when they don't understand some simple concepts of the game makes them look like idiots and alcohol just exaggerates the problem.

And complaining about the field? Did the idiot realize that it is real grass and that the same reason their yard doesn't look very green yet also affects Jack Trice Stadium grass? Jeepers......
    GEEZ DUDE. Get a grip! Anything else you'd like to complain about?

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post

Right on 91, if I ever hear someone talking like that with my kids - or any kids - around, they'll be getting an earfull from me. I usually don't pay any attention to those that poo-poo everything going on during the game. Their either trying to prove how smart they are (which they aren't) or trying to impress whomever they are with. I can let that stuff go, but foul language is surely steeping over the line.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 21

I didn't make the spring game, so i didn't see the renovations. Someone please tell me what has changed that makes the stadium look smaller.

All-Star
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

Anyone else have the unpleasant experience of sitting next to an obnoxious fan at the Spring game?
    I had to spend a good part of the game with ISUFan22 so I don't know what you're complaining about!!

Iowa State Football Photos from the past
    http://photos.winterinkphotography.com/p928725649

Walk On
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    i agree. im looking forward to having actual season tickets and not student section tickets...the drunk students that could only say "bret meyer sucks" after an interception and were not smart enough to see a bad wr route or horrible oline protection get REALLY old. or wait, then there are those that say "yeah 3rd and 8 and you run up the middle...good play call" until it goes for 9 yards and then we have the coach of the year.
    You would think having season tickets would improve this, but so far in my experience it hasn't. However, I upped my donation and am hoping that moves me to a more positive place in the stands. Haha...we'll see.