Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

WBB Roster forward

Can anyone provide a summary for me of who graduated or will graduate over the next couple of years, as well as who is incoming next year as well as any commits after that? Living overseas, these boards are my lifeline to ISU athletics.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

Re: WBB Roster forward

05-06 Squad
    Seniors: F Kandice Beenken; C Brittany Wilkins
    Juniors: G Lyndsey Medders; G Abby Reinert; G/F Megan Ronhovde
    Sophomores: F/C Lisa Bildeaux; G/F Seirra Dawson
    Freshmen: F/C Gillian Bjerke; G Heather Ezell; F Amanda Nisleit; F/C Rachel Pierson; F Nicky Wieben

06-07 Returners
    Seniors: G Lyndsey Medders; G Abby Reinert; G/F Megan Ronhovde
    Juniors: F/C Lisa Bildeaux; G/F Seirra Dawson
    Sophomores: F/C Gillian Bjerke; G Heather Ezell; F Amanda Nisleit; F Nicky Wieben
    Redshirt Frosh: F/C Rachel Pierson

06-07 Signees
    Anna Florzak, Fr., 5-10, G, Kansas City, Mo. (Notre Dame de Sion)
    Alison Lacey, Fr., 6-0, G, Canberra, Australia (Ballard [Iowa])
    Genesis Lightbourne, Fr., 6-0, F, Las Vegas, Nev. (Faith Lutheran)
    Shellie Mosman, Fr., 5-10, G, Carroll, Iowa (Carroll)
    Toccara Ross, Jr., 5-9, F, Davenport, Iowa (Central/Kirkwood CC)
    MacKenzie Stirmlinger, Fr., 5-10, G, Chesterfield, Mo. (St. Joseph's Academy)

I would recommend checking out cyclones.com for more info.

http://cyclones.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/s.../111005aaa.html

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Re: WBB Roster forward

thanks for the update...just what I was looking for.

Walk On
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Shadow,
    Nice job. Good to see someone else up on the ladies.
    Sierra will not be returning next year though.
    The Missouri girls are good. In fact, Anna's coach says she is a legit 6 foot now and as rugged as any male player gets it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theshadow &#064; May 27 2006, 03&#58;35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    05-06 Squad
    Seniors: F Kandice Beenken; C Brittany Wilkins
    Juniors: G Lyndsey Medders; G Abby Reinert; G/F Megan Ronhovde
    Sophomores: F/C Lisa Bildeaux; G/F Seirra Dawson
    Freshmen: F/C Gillian Bjerke; G Heather Ezell; F Amanda Nisleit; F/C Rachel Pierson; F Nicky Wieben

06-07 Returners
    Seniors: G Lyndsey Medders; G Abby Reinert; G/F Megan Ronhovde
    Juniors: F/C Lisa Bildeaux; G/F Seirra Dawson
    Sophomores: F/C Gillian Bjerke; G Heather Ezell; F Amanda Nisleit; F Nicky Wieben
    Redshirt Frosh: F/C Rachel Pierson

06-07 Signees
    Anna Florzak, Fr., 5-10, G, Kansas City, Mo. (Notre Dame de Sion)
    Alison Lacey, Fr., 6-0, G, Canberra, Australia (Ballard [Iowa])
    Genesis Lightbourne, Fr., 6-0, F, Las Vegas, Nev. (Faith Lutheran)
    Shellie Mosman, Fr., 5-10, G, Carroll, Iowa (Carroll)
    Toccara Ross, Jr., 5-9, F, Davenport, Iowa (Central/Kirkwood CC)
    MacKenzie Stirmlinger, Fr., 5-10, G, Chesterfield, Mo. (St. Joseph&#39;s Academy)

I would recommend checking out cyclones.com for more info.

http://cyclones.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/s.../111005aaa.html
    [/b][/quote]

Making a difference everyday!

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ARSON &#064; May 30 2006, 11&#58;23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Shadow,
    Nice job. Good to see someone else up on the ladies.
    Sierra will not be returning next year though.
    The Missouri girls are good. In fact, Anna&#39;s coach says she is a legit 6 foot now and as rugged as any male player gets it&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

doc

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Trivia Question. ISU has made at least one 3 point basket in 355 WBB games in the nations 3rd longest streak...Cleveland State is number one. Who is number two?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    bill fenelly will never go anyplace with his ladies&#39; basketball program unless he gets off of his duff and starts recruiting nationally. all he wants to recruit areawise is iowa and minnesota. i am getting very tired of giving him names of good recruits. i pushed him to erin grant who is at texas rech. i started giving billy boy her name when she was an 8th grader. billy could have come to texas and recruited this young gal. she has been all big 12 and an all american. after he failed to recruit miss grant, i started to try to get billy boy to recruit tiffany jackson from duncanville texas when tiffany was a freshman . billy boy could have crawled into an airplane and recruited this young lady. no billy boy chose to stay homw where it was cozy and nice. tiffany was recruited by the longhorns and has been all -big 12 at center and an all american. since then i have given billy boy some more names from ft worth and from houston texas. the lady from ft worth is brooklyn pope. she will be availble in 2008. she will be a superstar. i wrote my friend billy about getting off of his couch and doing some national recruiting about two months ago. i have not heard from him.will probably not get any messages from him because i have probably made him mad at me. maybe i should send future communications to billy boy to mr pollard. maybe jamie can motivate him about recruiting. or maybe i should write a letter to jamie pollard about billy boy not wanting to recruit superior talent when an alumnus gives a coach some names. coach mac mccarney and chrie ash are grateful for recruit&#39;s names.
    BILLY BOY JUST WANTS TO STAY STATUS QUO AND LET THE TEAMS FROM THE BIG 12 SOUTH MAKE HIM A SECOND TIER TEAM IN THE BIG 12&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ho hum&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn&#33;&#33;

doc

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    um....your not discombulated under a new screen name by chance...

2nd Tier...I don&#39;t know how any objective person can say our program is 2nd Tier.

Oh and lets see...Medders is from Los Angeles, Wilson was from Seattle...or don&#39;t they count?

I am guessing Bill & team are well ahead of you on the available players

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JCloned &#064; May 30 2006, 12&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    um....your not discombulated under a new screen name by chance...

2nd Tier...I don&#39;t know how any objective person can say our program is 2nd Tier.

Oh and lets see...Medders is from Los Angeles, Wilson was from Seattle...or don&#39;t they count?

I am guessing Bill & team are well ahead of you on the available players
    [/b][/quote]

doc

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    MR. JCLONED, i suppose you rolled out the WHOOPEE KOOLAID when billy boy made it to the womens
    WNIT this year. as prominent as basketball is in iowa he should be in the NCAA EVERY YEAR. i must admit that i believe he beat one big twelve south team on his home court by about 5-6 points over texas tech. i think baylor,a and m,university of texas, and oklahoma took him to the woodshed this year. even some of the big 12 north teams defeated him. looks to me even though he had 2 out of staters and he has some gals from mizzou coming to iowa state in the near future that he should increase his recruiting scope to a larger a larger area. maybe pollard should hire the little lady that won the national championship this year. she is an iowa state gal that knows how to recruit.

doc

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Didn&#39;t we just get a commit from an eighth-grader too? A 6-2 girl from the same school as a 2007 commit, I believe. Maybe I&#39;m thinking of someone else. Ballard-Huxley maybe? Ring any bells to anyone? God, I hate getting old.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woodie &#064; May 30 2006, 11&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    MR. JCLONED, i suppose you rolled out the WHOOPEE KOOLAID when billy boy made it to the womens
    WNIT this year. as prominent as basketball is in iowa he should be in the NCAA EVERY YEAR. i must admit that i believe he beat one big twelve south team on his home court by about 5-6 points over texas tech. i think baylor,a and m,university of texas, and oklahoma took him to the woodshed this year. even some of the big 12 north teams defeated him. looks to me even though he had 2 out of staters and he has some gals from mizzou coming to iowa state in the near future that he should increase his recruiting scope to a larger a larger area. maybe pollard should hire the little lady that won the national championship this year. she is an iowa state gal that knows how to recruit.
    [/b][/quote]

Wow. I don&#39;t even know where to start on this one.

In 11 seasons at ISU, Bill has 7 NCAA appearances and 2 WNIT appearances. Three times in (at least) the Sweet 16. One Big 12 regular-season title. Two Big 12 tournament titles.

A 30-point loss at Texas (without Medders) was turned into a 4-point win over Texas in Dallas.

A 20-point loss to Oklahoma in January was within about 75 seconds of being completely redeemed in Dallas (freakin&#39; Erin Higgins). A win over OU would have likely catapulted ISU past Mizzou also, and into the title game against Baylor.

Nine of the 13 losses in 05-06 were by 12 points or less, including an excrucating stretch played without Medders at full strength and with a freshman (Ezell) running the point. In the six losses during that time (by an average of 7 points), it is not unreasonable to think that ISU would have gone at least 4-2 instead of 0-6 had Medders not been hurt.

Also, do you really believe that Erin Grant or Tiffany Jackson would have come to ISU, given in-state coaching legends Marsha Sharp and Jody Conradt in the mix???

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Amanda Zimmerman is going to be a sophomore at Ballard next year...so a few more years to wait for her.

Scott

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woodie &#064; May 30 2006, 11&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    maybe pollard should hire the little lady that won the national championship this year. she is an iowa state gal that knows how to recruit.
    [/b][/quote]

I am guessing that Brenda would not be interested in any school that would refer to her as "the little lady". Nor do I suspect she would be anymore interested in your recruiting advice.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    As a season ticket holder for the Women&#39;s BB team I am amazed that people can be so shortsighted. Before Bill arrived, you could walk in after tip off and sit in the arena circle mid court. The turn around that he has delivered is what legends are made of. Even last year in the rebuilding year, ISU womens games were exciting competitive and Hilton Magic was very much alive. Even the best coaches will have class or two that don&#39;t pan out and go through a few years that are "substandard" for them.

Bill has managed to put together two very good recruiting classes back to back and if you attended the games last year you would be very excited about the future from the players he brought in. With that the best incoming player last year had to take a medical redshirt b/c of a herniated disk. Rachel Pierson will bring us back to the Angie Welle days of a dominent inside game to set up our outside shooting.

The future is very bright for the womens program and while Tiffany Jackson isn&#39;t in a Cyclone uniform, ISU will be back in the upper echelon of the Big 12.

I would love to have the players you listed on our roster...but so would UConn and Tennessee. Because they aren&#39;t on our campus doesn&#39;t mean that we didn&#39;t recruit them.

BTW...no guesses on who has the second longest streak ahead of ISU in consecutive games with at least one three point basket made????