Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Why we can win in Bball but not Fball

B/c you only need 2 good player and 5 role players in bball to be good. Name a college football team that is good that doesnt have a good player at each position. You don't need to put as much money into Bball either. The stadium is already nice. You don't need to throw the money into the bball like you do for football.

The arguement that we do good in bball so y not fball is ridiculous. We can recruit with the big boys for a recruit or 3 but not 30. Look at Texas they have 26 recruits or so already. All four or five stars. We dont have one 4 star. We may end up getting 3(although i dont it) but you can't build your team around them like you can in bball

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 396

Re: Why we can win in Bball but not Fball

Quote Originally Posted by clonestotop View Post
    B/c you only need 2 good player and 5 role players in bball to be good. Name a college football team that is good that doesnt have a good player at each position. You don't need to put as much money into Bball either. The stadium is already nice. You don't need to throw the money into the bball like you do for football.

The arguement that we do good in bball so y not fball is ridiculous. We can recruit with the big boys for a recruit or 3 but not 30. Look at Texas they have 26 recruits or so already. All four or five stars. We dont have one 4 star. We may end up getting 3(although i dont it) but you can't build your team around them like you can in bball
    Yep, why do you think there are 300-something Div. 1 basketball teams but only 116 football?

But that doesn't mean we can't compete in FB.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I don't think anyone releastically thinks we can beat Texas and Ou year in and year out. But with Dan at the help, we will NEVER beat a team of that caliber.... Most of us would be happy with 8 win seasons and the occasional 9+ while never dipping below 6-7 for very long. These are reasonable expectations, in my mind.

Recruit
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree. I'm just posting this in reply to what i have heard some people say. We can compete but for the forseeable future we are not going to be able to put together a 9 to 10 win season year in and year out. Not when we are competing with the likes of OU and the texas schools. Nebraska is back and their facilities are amazing. Basketball is a sport where we can stay up to class with the rest of the conference and nation. Don't need as much money

Starter
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by 9seven View Post
    I don't think anyone releastically thinks we can beat Texas and Ou year in and year out. But with Dan at the help, we will NEVER beat a team of that caliber.... Most of us would be happy with 8 win seasons and the occasional 9+ while never dipping below 6-7 for very long. These are reasonable expectations, in my mind.
    This is not a good point to bring up against Dan. His predecessors didn't do much either. I think we have won 5 games against both of these teams in our entire history. There's not much history with regard to Texas, but Oklahoma and ISU go back a long ways.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,184
    Given: 1,040

Imagine losing 80% of your roster in football in one year. That would be the death of the program for about 5 years at least. In basketball, we did that, and have reasonable expectations for maybe two years out.