Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Looking North....

A good friend of mine is a U. of Minn. alum (hence Gopher fan) and shared this site with me. It's almost eerie the similarities b/t Minn's struggles and ISU's, including potential program-turning loses that were utter meltdowns in the waning minutes, a coach who likes to drop great quotes that make you say "huh?," and- the rodents on saturday beat N. Dakota State, by one point, due to a last second blocked FG attempt by NDSU. Sound familiar? The site is pretty funny, esp. the pic of what I think are Iowa fans carrying off Minn's goalposts.... it will be interesting to see how their AD handles it. My friend and I joke that ISU and Minn. should play every year and see who could screw themselves the most during the game.....

http://www.fireglenmason.com/

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Starter
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Looking North....

Great Post- really liked the Fire Mason site. My daughter lives in Shakopee, she says it bad right now for Mason. But probably worse for Mac at ISU.

Rookie
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Lucky me, my two favorite college programs UM and ISU

Trust me, I haven't been around that long but I don't know that there are too many fans who have gone through as much heartbreak as I have.

i.e. Minnesota vs. Michigan '03, Wisconsin '05(?)

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yep, those wee Minn's equivalent to our Mizzou 04 and KU 05 games.... I was actually watching that Wisco game in '05 w/ my then radical, football-hating Boulderite girlfriend (now ex) and even she recognized how pathetic that meltdown was w/ the botched punt etc...!

Did Mason not have KU as a top-10 team in '95? It has probably helped his cause to duck below the radar and avoid some flack b/c there are 4 major pro sports in the Twin Cities, as well as a huge overall hockey following, whereas with ISU and Mac in a college-sports only state (oh ok, and some minor league teams), the microscope is a bit more powerful....

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802