Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 37

10 Things I Think I Think

Big Peter King fan here. So, copying format from part of his MMQB column...

10 Things I Think I Think

• When I think about ISU football today, I feel queasy.
    • Will the real Todd Blythe please stand up?
      • You too Meyer. You’ve got no help but still, just run faster. Or, you could throw and complete a pass before the ball is snapped. That would be a real swell play.
    • We’ve kicked what, 3 kick-offs out of bounds? Why has no one shown JG an aerial shot of the field and said “In between the thick white lines you idiot”.
    • Have we started the same 4 in the secondary in back-to-back weeks against teams not named Toledo, UNLV and UNI? Didn’t think so.
    • We’ll miss DeAndre’s fire and play-making ability. Heck, we already do. Perfectly illustrated last Saturday.
      • We miss you too Carper. But we’ll get to see ya next year.
    • Later tonight I’m gonna hop in the back of my truck and go hunting…for offensive linemen. Anyone wanna come along? We’ll start at the local buffet.
    • Non-football thoughts of the week…
      • World Series….*yawn*
      • The networks really aught to spread out the Thursday night TV slate. It’s sensory overload.
      • So Grey’s Anatomy has McDreamy, McHottie, McSlutty – do I got them all right? I’m waiting for McRetard, McFatty and McCarney to show up. What a show that’ll be.
      • I had far too much chili on Saturday. At least, that was the report from the wife. No sense of adventure.
      • Can Michael Irvin get any more annoying?
    • What I’ve liked so far…
      • Shaggy. Career long. He may be our lone bright spot.
      • Wait, punting. While inconsistent early, he sure knows how to kick a “fumbled punt”, eh? I wonder if h puts a brown substance on the ball just like that pitcher. Oh, and our punter is mentally tough. YAY. Put him on the line. NAY.
      • Remember that one time the offensive line blocked for Stevie and he ran kinda fast and almost scored before the half at OU. That was purty. Do it again! No really, do it again.
      • Speaking of Hicks, 4.9 yards a carry behind a poor offensive line. He’s hitting the holes hard this year and running some guys over. He won’t quit, ‘cept when he’s hurt. Dammit.
      • Milan Moses. Big heart in that kid to even be on the team, let alone on the field. Then he runs back a nice kick off to midfield I think.
      • Jon Davis, another success story. Had a couple huge games for us. But now he disappeared the last two weeks. Oh well, I still like ya buuuuuuuuuud-eeeeeeee.
      • Brent Curvey. Never quits, showed it against OU – an animal. Was forced to play out of position Saturday at DE but did it anyways. We’ll miss ya.
      • Bowen & McKinzie. Nice to see what we have in this two for the future. Banks too, really. Good move for him to linebacker.
    • What I haven’t liked…
      • Yo, offensive line. Yeah, you. I sound like a broken record, but do you think it would be too difficult for you to block for us sometime?
      • Our defense is room temperature butter. The opposing QB’s are a hot knife. Any questions?
      • Wide receivers. We’re supposed to have one of the best corps in the nation. I haven’t seen it. I saw it last year, but not this year. Deflate your heads, carry a big chip on your shoulder and work hard. Then work harder. The defense just won’t give it to you because your supposed to be good.
      • Meyer, how to do you make that throw on 1st and 10 late in the 4th quarter Saturday? You’re a Junior, not a Freshman. Step up and act/play like it, running for your life or not.
      • What if we just lined up 4 wide and threw it on 1st down, then 2nd down and again on 3rd down? Just…what if?
      • F. Yes, that’s what I give this season.
      • Our 3 wins are over Toledo, UNLV and UNI for a combined 9 points. Ick.
      • Those teams have a combined 8-14 record. Double ick.
      • We’re on pace to set some sort of record as far as opposing QB completion percentages. We have to be.
      • Our highest point total in regulation so far is 28. We needed triple OT to crack the 30’s. Actually, we skipped right over the 30’s that day and landed in the 40’s. Whoooopeeeeeeee!
    • Thank God for basketball season, never thought I’d say that

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: 10 Things I Think I Think

Good post.

I have only one thing I think I think.

1. Get rid of Mac

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

How about scoring some points in the 4th quarter? A whole bunch of points, over a period of 4 games!

Rookie
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I think you missed one - do we ever have full contact practice with TACKLING included? We have to be leading the Big XII in blown tackles...