Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 215

The turmoil within…

The other day Jeremy indicated there were some issues inside the Cyclone locker room between players and coaches. I can also confirm this is happening both hearing it directly from a player and an alumni member who is close with some of the players.

After the game, the acquaintance of mine was at an establishment and the offensive line showed up. Not one said much yet all took a ton of flack from people inside the establishment. The fire was gone it seemed.

A senior wide receiver was also there, an injured one. Lets just say he could have played this weekend and he definitely could play next weekend. This is from the wide receiver’s mouth that I speak of. I’m surely going to get beat up for that one, but – it’s true – I would not post this if it were speculation or rumors.

I talked to the player I know yesterday online. After talking about the game, I asked him what was going on inside the locker room. He just said “It isn’t pretty and it’s been going on since the second week. It just keeps getting worse between everyone”. I asked if some of the players had given up and he simply responded with “yeah”. I could sense his frustration, pain, etc – so I changed the subject entirely away from football.

I’ve always been on D-Mac’s wagon. I loved the guy and still do. When I hear these things, I begin looking at that other wagon referred to as the “D-Mac haters” and wonder if I am on the wrong wagon – right/wrong being what’s best for the entire football program. I’ve never heard of major issues inside the locker room before…even when we were 2-10, etc. I’m sure some things happened, but this year it seems like the wheels have completely come off.

I also don’t like to discover that players we

I’m not sure what the right answers are as to what should be done with the staff following this season. I know some changes will be made – I think that’s obvious to everyone. How significant is what’s unknown and I doubt anyone has the answers at this point.

Time will tell, hopefully Pollard and whoever else can get this ship headed back in the right direction.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: The turmoil within…

good god...now I am apprehensive to come back...will we ever turn the corner?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 304

Yeah I heard there was a lot of bickering going on within the team also. I have never played on any real bad athletic teams that bickered and fought. I did play on one b-ball team that lost one game all season and after that game there was 2 fights in the lockerroom.

Losing breeds turmoil just like Winning breeds peace.

Jamie Pollard is going to have to make some tough decisions after this dreadful season. I am glad its Jamie and NOT me.

Go Clones beat Kansas State

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 4

I was on a team like this my senior year of high school. It was actually kind of funny at the time. I didn't care, nobody cared. I didn't want to be there and nobody else did either. But that was high school and it didn't matter this is a B12 school. I have a felling its only going to get worse before it gets better too. I honestly wont be suprised if we go 3-9. Were lucky were not 0-12.

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 152

So why DIDN't this senior wide receiver play? He didn't want to or wasn't allowed to?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 215

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    So why DIDN't this senior wide receiver play? He didn't want to or wasn't allowed to?
    I can't say for 100%, but you read between the lines.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

22. I can also tell you that from my conversations with former Mac players that there are definitely issues. Former and current are frustrated with the play calling and offense. Meyer is losing the confidence of some his team.

I believe Dan has done a great job of establishing a foundation at ISU. He has upgraded the talent as well as the expectations. It is not the exception to the rule that in business and sports the guy that can do the turnaround is often not the guy that can lead to the top. The same is true in reverse, many coaches and businessmen who come into solid programs and business and successfully take them to the top fail when put in a turnaround situation.

I think it is time to sincerely thank Dan for what he has done. Reward him handsomely with his buyout and select a coach for the next leg of the journey.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I can't say for 100%, but you read between the lines.
    I can't imagine someone as competitive as this player being healthy and not wanting to play. I also can't imagine this player being healthy enough to play and the coaches sitting him when we're trying like Hell to win a football game.

What gives?

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 441
    Given: 875

you could tell from they way the team walked from the bus to the locker room before the game. They aren't focused, that shows me there isn't any fire, trust or leadership happening.

- keep

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Walk On
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by JCloned View Post
    22. I can also tell you that from my conversations with former Mac players that there are definitely issues. Former and current are frustrated with the play calling and offense. Meyer is losing the confidence of some his team.

I believe Dan has done a great job of establishing a foundation at ISU. He has upgraded the talent as well as the expectations. It is not the exception to the rule that in business and sports the guy that can do the turnaround is often not the guy that can lead to the top. The same is true in reverse, many coaches and businessmen who come into solid programs and business and successfully take them to the top fail when put in a turnaround situation.

I think it is time to sincerely thank Dan for what he has done. Reward him handsomely with his buyout and select a coach for the next leg of the journey.

He's had 1 winning record in the Big 12 North in 12 years and you want to thank him. Any other BCS conference school fires him after 6 years.

So long Mac!

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The funny thing is, Mac would completely deny any dissension. In fact, in his pre-game show Saturday, he commented about how this team isn't getting down and he's not seeing any negative emotions, etc. My bet is he's doing all he can to cling to his job and is sending smoke screens wherever he can to cover the problems. It's actually pretty sad that he could go out this way...

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by cybot View Post
    He's had 1 winning record in the Big 12 North in 12 years and you want to thank him. Any other BCS conference school fires him after 6 years.

So long Mac!
    So you would rather be having season after season of the 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 seasons?

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Nedrick...can I take it from you post that your banner will be changing to a single Big Mac?

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

cycloneworld- do you really think a new staff would slip to that level year after year? I mean seriously, you could throw 2003 into that category, and three very lucky plays from being Zero and Eight this year. We're not a whole lot better than that now, even with the most offensive talent to walk on the field collectively at ISU.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by frontrangeclone View Post
    cycloneworld- do you really think a new staff would slip to that level year after year? I mean seriously, you could throw 2003 into that category, and three very lucky plays from being Zero and Eight this year. We're not a whole lot better than that now, even with the most offensive talent to walk on the field collectively at ISU.
    I think his point is that that was where we were before Mac took over. He did take a terrible program and make it mediocre. If nothing else he at least put a new coat of paint on the program so it looks good enough to attract a better coach. Back in '94, most assitants at major universities probably would have prefered to remain an assistant than try to take over ISU's football team.

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"