Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 396

Backups

Did anyone listen to Ben Bruns' analysis after the game Saturday? He was trying to explain why this team didn't get better (or got worse) from last year to this year and I think he has a great point.

He said that ISU just didn't have the backup players needed to challenge for starting spots. The entire offense knew this offseason that they would be starters come fall. No competition = No motivation to get better to keep your job.

I think he may be onto something. Our back up defensive players (many are now starting because of injuries) do not have the experience/talent/or whatever it is to play in the Big 12. They may down the road just not right now.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 620

Re: Backups

Sounds like what got Frank Solich booted our of Lincoln. McC rep is that he can take low star plays and maker them into hard nose in order to compete. Has this string been run out? Both the oline and dline do not appear overly gifted. Berryman fiasco exposed the dline and the senior Fisher boys need to get meaner to compete. Scott talks a lot but he misses lots of blocks also.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.