Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 101

Emotionally done...

I have purposely avoided posting much since Saturday as I wanted to see what others were saying, feeling, etc. I also wanted to determine exactly how I felt about this team.

I am emotionally done with this team this year. I will still go to the games and cheer loudly but I’m not going to get my hopes up like I did this last week. Maybe I set myself up for this with the thinking that we would put it all together and have a great showing…boy was I wrong.

My thoughts:

DEFENSE: This team reminds me of the 2003 team. The effort and talent just isn’t there…Steve Johnson was TERRIBLE at corner yesterday…he was so bad that we resorted to putting in Brett Meyer #2 for him (don’t know his name but he’s also #7). Also this bend, don’t break defensive scheme isn’t working. Because we are breaking an awful lot. How many 3rd downs did Tech have…I bet it was less than 8 or 10 the ENTIRE game. This was the worst defensive effort I have seen in a long time. They could have score 60 or more if they didn’t have the turnovers/penalties.

OFFENSE: How did our offensive line get worse (and A LOT worse) from last year to this year? How are seniors consistently called for false start penalties…At home…when it’s quiet?? Jason Scales won’t be a starter…he looked pretty bad compared to Stevie. Maybe if he gains some weight but he is physically mismatched out there.

And the big question I have (and it’s a serious question): Is Brett Meyer that good? Try to answer that thinking about him as a college football QB and not OUR starter. Maybe it’s because he has NO confidence in our blocking ability, I don't know. He CANNOT stay in the pocket even if he has plenty of time…anytime a defensive player gets within 2 yards of him he takes off running. Also, when he actually had time, there were MANY times were he threw the ball behind receivers who could have done some damage if they were thrown the ball in stride. Also, on many occasions he was throwing into double and triple coverage.

Also, if there is this big disconnect between the coaches and the players then this season is done for. I don’t think we will win another game if this is true.

I’m not going to decide who is at fault here. I think everyone involved with this team is partially responsible…coaches, players, assistants, backups, etc.

I am so disappointed and frustrated right now.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Emotionally done...

I am miles away....and feel for ya mate

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

Couldn't agree more. With regards to the O-line, its not just the seniors. Tom Schmeling is not that good. I was watching just Schmeling a lot of the time because his man that he was supposed to be blocking will lead you to the play. A lot of the time he didn't even attempt to block anyone. He was so bad that on the last series he was replaced by Reggie Stephens. According to Mac there is huge talent gap between the 1st string and the 2nd string too. If this line is bad now, just wait until next year.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Meyer has happy feet even when the line is doing their job. For some reason he wants to take the game over himself and not look for his star studded receiving core; in the end he costs us more than he accomplishes by running. His actions the last few games remind me of the Houstn Bowl where he tried to take the game over and fumbled the ball costing us another opportunity to score.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Meyer #2 is Drenard Williams who I thought was the lone bright spot.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102

Frankly, I would be taking off running after two seconds every play if I was Meyer too. The tackle on his blind side either holds or lets his guy by.

Let me say, the future is not bright for this team next year. If this is another 2003, next year is not going to be another 2004.

All-Star
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 9

Moses was another bright spot he had a good game and it was nice to see him out there playing.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 303

So I guess we only have about 20 real Big 12 football players on the squad this year. Whose fault is that? Can Barney and Skaldany recruit?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.