Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Pollard has to be thinking, "uh-oh, why'd I do that"...Can we pay for improvements???

I can't help but think there is ZERO enthusiasm for the football program right now with Mac as coach. I know there is zero with me.

My question is whether or not Pollard was wise to commit to all of these upgrades when there will likely be very little financial support to pay for it.

We're already paying for Wayne's buyout plus BBall Mac's contract. How the hell are we going to pay for the improvements?

Everyone thinks that Pollard is a god because he came in and made committments to improve areas in which ISU was lacking. You'd have to be an idiot to think that Gene/Bruce weren't ware of these shortcomings.

They just might have been smart enough to know that there was no way to pay for them.

In my eyes, Jamie rolled the dice and lost. He counted on at least a decent football season that would generate some excitement. He tried to build this with the fireworks, entrance tunnel, new music, etc.

Unfortunately, once you get past the smoke and mirrors, it's the same ol' Mac and the same ol' program.

Everyone knew these improvements were needed. The only difference is that our prior AD's may have been smart enough to realize that they had to be paid for. Has Jamie screwed us?

Bowlsby was quoted on the Iowa premium board as saying that Jamie's mouth was writing checks that the ISU fanbase couldn't cash. I can't help but think he's right.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 265

Re: Pollard has to be thinking, "uh-oh, why'd I do that"...Can we pay for improvement

Quote Originally Posted by CLONE2THEBONE View Post
    I can't help but think there is ZERO enthusiasm for the football program right now with Mac as coach. I know there is zero with me.

My question is whether or not Pollard was wise to commit to all of these upgrades when there will likely be very little financial support to pay for it.

We're already paying for Wayne's buyout plus BBall Mac's contract. How the hell are we going to pay for the improvements?

Everyone thinks that Pollard is a god because he came in and made committments to improve areas in which ISU was lacking. You'd have to be an idiot to think that Gene/Bruce weren't ware of these shortcomings.

They just might have been smart enough to know that there was no way to pay for them.

In my eyes, Jamie rolled the dice and lost. He counted on at least a decent football season that would generate some excitement. He tried to build this with the fireworks, entrance tunnel, new music, etc.

Unfortunately, once you get past the smoke and mirrors, it's the same ol' Mac and the same ol' program.

Everyone knew these improvements were needed. The only difference is that our prior AD's may have been smart enough to realize that they had to be paid for. Has Jamie screwed us?

Bowlsby was quoted on the Iowa premium board as saying that Jamie's mouth was writing checks that the ISU fanbase couldn't cash. I can't help but think he's right.

Mark Farley is an upgrade.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Pollard has to be thinking,

This is the dumbest thing I have EVER heard. Bowlsby is no longer their AD and I HIGHLY doubt he EVER said such a thing. THinking so is delusional...ISU needs to realize they are not Iowa and do not have the fan base or money to act like it. PERIOD!

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

There are a lot upgrades out there. Some of them coach in high school. some of them coach flag football.

The question remains...how will we pay for upgrades????

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by flyhighcy View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I have EVER heard. Bowlsby is no longer their AD and I HIGHLY doubt he EVER said such a thing. THinking so is delusional...ISU needs to realize they are not Iowa and do not have the fan base or money to act like it. PERIOD!
    It can be the dumbest thing you ever heard, but it was linked to me from hawkeyereport during his last interview with the site. You can highly doubt it or believe it to be rubbish, but unless their site lists lies, it was said by him.

Since he's one of the most respected AD's in the country, you might take his words to heart...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 265

It can be the dumbest thing you ever heard, but it was linked to me from hawkeyereport during his last interview with the site. You can highly doubt it or believe it to be rubbish, but unless their site lists lies, it was said by him.

Since he's one of the most respected AD's in the country, you might take his words to heart...
    God, we ask for one complete game in the next four.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

Re: Pollard has to be thinking, "uh-oh, why'd I do that"...Can we pay for improvement

So, what then... is Pollard just supposed to say "Well, we aren't ever going to be able to afford anything, so why try? Let's just make sure the bills get paid and stuff is ok. We can't do anything else anyway."

I don't think so.

Besides, I think he's smarter than that in the sense that not EVERYTHING will be in complete jeopardy because of one terrible season.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Stunning post. Now your turning on JP... come on. Given your history of mac hating you should be glad JP has committed to the upgrades, having to go to the donors for money will make it that more likely that he has to make a move when donors say not unless you can Mac. Judging from you post you just want ISU to fold up the athletic department and say we can't compete. The only thing I agree with you on is that it is time for Mac to go.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I'm not turning on JP. Nothing he has done can be judged yet as it's too early. I'm just saying that the financial committments he's made have been praised, but they also have to be paid for. Where's the $$ going to come from?

I don't expect Pollard to say we'll never be able to afford anything, so why try. What I do expect is that he only commit to THINGS WE CAN AFFORD AND PAY FOR.

What's Mac's buyout? $400k a year? That'll eat up a good amount of the money that's generated by Mac bashers like me and leave the rest of the fanbase with a wait and see attitude with their wallet.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Pollard has to be

How do you know he can't pay for it. Almost all the luxury boxes are already sold. In the last two weeks he received the largest single financial donation ever in the history of ISU athletics toward the Basketball practice facilities. In Jan/Feb he goes to the regents for final approval for the luxury suites and the cosmetic improvements to JTS...dollars already in hand. Every thing is on schedule. The only thing that is lagging is football team performance. Don't underestimate donor base and their willingness to step up, including buying on DMac.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

The problem I see is $$ in the future. Why wouldn't you underestimate the donor base? Where has it been the last...forever??!!

If the donor base is so broad and giving, are we to believe that our prior regime never considered these improvements? They just never thought of it? The $$ has always been there but we lacked someone with the vision to think of bowling in the endzone like every respectable college stadium in America.

Why didn't we think of it sooner? Interesting.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Foolish....foolish post.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Pollard ha

You answered your own question. We lacked visionary AD's. Sad reality is no AD ever asked for the fan base to deliver like JP has. 55,000 showing up for the UNI game and what will likely be the most season tickets sold ever for ISU MBB. I think our fan base and donors which should be one of the same will be just fine.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

From you ISUFan22, I'm surprised (sarcasm).

I'll let you know if I take a leak later tonight so you can critique it without really offering anything up yourself. Yes, I often don't put the seat up and I rarely tap enough.

Me: The sky is blue.
    ISUFan22: LIAR!!!

You can call me foolish all you like. It doesn't matter to me. I don't respect your posts and never have. You posts are of a Kool-aid drinker plain and simple. You may bleed Cardinal and Gold like me, but your posting lack the ability to see things objectively.

Good day, sir. I said GOOD DAY!!

(please don't take this as a personal attack. It's your posts I dislike. Not you).

Last edited by CLONE2THEBONE; 10-21-2006 at 08:40 PM.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Re: Pollard ha

Quote Originally Posted by JCloned View Post
    You answered your own question. We lacked visionary AD's. Sad reality is no AD ever asked for the fan base to deliver like JP has. 55,000 showing up for the UNI game and what will likely be the most season tickets sold ever for ISU MBB. I think our fan base and donors which should be one of the same will be just fine.
    Wow. I don't know what to say, but Wow!!

No one thought of this earlier?????????????????????

You're kidding, right? Bowling in the endzone and upgrading the facilities is considered "visionary". Maybe we should ask the fanbase to make donations and actually go to the game. Nah, too risky.

Holy crap. That's all I can say. Holy crap.

Last edited by CLONE2THEBONE; 10-21-2006 at 08:29 PM.