Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 119,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,644
    Points
    119,267
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 110

    Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Will played tonight, in a game that I completely forgot about getting tickets to.

    NBA Development League: Anaheim at Iowa



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 414,010, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,760
    Points
    414,010
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 600
    Given: 303

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Yeah, i saw the recap on the news. Good job outta him!
    I sure wish he would have stayed for his senior year...



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    I just got back, Will had a great game! This was my first Energy game, and I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found, was basically Hawkeye U - Des Moines campus. The crowd cheered noticeably louder for Haluska and Horner than the rest of the team, all of them decked out in Pukeye gear. I figured that was to be expected, so I kind of took it in stride. But as the game went on, I noticed many in the crowd were booing Blalock pretty loudly, and that really started making me feel out of place. By the 2nd half, I was definitely pulling for Will and the Arsenal, as bad as I feel saying it. Needless to say, it was especially exciting when with under a minute to go and Anaheim down by 2, Will scores a layup, and gets fouled. He made the free throw to put Anaheim up by one. Then Iowa scored with 0.6 seconds left to go up by one. Then Anaheim, in perhaps the most amazing inbounds play I've ever seen, threw up an inbound alley-oop pass to go up by one point with 0.4 seconds left, and ended up winning. Pretty exciting finish!

    I hate to say it, but that will probably be my last Energy game, at least for awhile. Maybe I'll go again when another ISU player comes to town, or better yet joins the team.

    Not to mention the horrible mess of a line at the ticket window, but I'll probably make another post about that.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 32,778, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    4VR4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    32,778
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    I just got back, Will had a great game! This was my first Energy game, and I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found, was basically Hawkeye U - Des Moines campus. The crowd cheered noticeably louder for Haluska and Horner than the rest of the team, all of them decked out in Pukeye gear. I figured that was to be expected, so I kind of took it in stride. But as the game went on, I noticed many in the crowd were booing Blalock pretty loudly, and that really started making me feel out of place. By the 2nd half, I was definitely pulling for Will and the Arsenal, as bad as I feel saying it. Needless to say, it was especially exciting when with under a minute to go and Anaheim down by 2, Will scores a layup, and gets fouled. He made the free throw to put Anaheim up by one. Then Iowa scored with 0.6 seconds left to go up by one. Then Anaheim, in perhaps the most amazing inbounds play I've ever seen, threw up an inbound alley-oop pass to go up by one point with 0.4 seconds left, and ended up winning. Pretty exciting finish!

    I hate to say it, but that will probably be my last Energy game, at least for awhile. Maybe I'll go again when another ISU player comes to town, or better yet joins the team.

    Not to mention the horrible mess of a line at the ticket window, but I'll probably make another post about that.
    Yes to everything here. We were decked out in ISU gear and sat 7th row behind the Anaheim team. Yelled for Will a couple times. Was disgusted by the Hawk gear in the house.

    Talk to Shaun Huluska after the game. Told him congrats on finishing the season strong and getting over his drought. Told him we were proud of him. He was very nice.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 84,629, Level: 90
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,825
    Points
    84,629
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 185

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    We were there and cheered a lot for Will. It was nice to hear we werent alone when others started an "ISU" chant. I made it a theme to yell about Will at dead/silent times. We sat by a few obnoxious Hawg fans, but most people were good. We had 5th row seats behind Blalocks bench.

    Will made it for a VERY entertaining game. It was our 1st Energy game as well, but if Will was in DSM peranently, we'd be regulars at the Well.


    #BEATIOWA

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    We were there and cheered a lot for Will. It was nice to hear we werent alone when others started an "ISU" chant. I made it a theme to yell about Will at dead/silent times. We sat by a few obnoxious Hawg fans, but most people were good. We had 5th row seats behind Blalocks bench.

    Will made it for a VERY entertaining game. It was our 1st Energy game as well, but if Will was in DSM peranently, we'd be regulars at the Well.
    Couldn't agree more. If Will was an Energy player, and they picked up Rahshon, I would buy season tickets next year! Heck, if Anaheim picked up Rahshon to join Will I might consider their season tix!



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    I just noticed on that box score that tonight's attendance was 4,733. That sounds like a pretty realistic number, not as inflated as some... The only problem is, I think all 4,733 of those people went to buy their tickets at the box office before the game!



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 188,947, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,639
    Points
    188,947
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 137

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    They were suppose to have local kids playing, too bad they dont have any former ISU players. They tried to get Will but it didnt work out. They had to do a lot to get Adam H to play for them. I guess most of ISU former playes are playing overseas or something.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  9. #9
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Went to the game also. Good game. Horrible D by Iowa w/ .9 seconds left. Nick Nurse should be fired for that.

    Blalock played a solid game. Had a couple good finishes near the rim. Struggled finishing a couple times. Passed the ball well and is still the quickest player on the court. His 3 point shot is still lacking and he appears to have a lazy attitude at times. Really though, the guy has the talent to be an NBA player but he needs to get a better jumper first



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Went to the game also. Good game. Horrible D by Iowa w/ .9 seconds left. Nick Nurse should be fired for that.

    Blalock played a solid game. Had a couple good finishes near the rim. Struggled finishing a couple times. Passed the ball well and is still the quickest player on the court. His 3 point shot is still lacking and he appears to have a lazy attitude at times. Really though, the guy has the talent to be an NBA player but he needs to get a better jumper first
    Agreed on everything you said about Will's game.

    I'm still not sure why Anaheim got to inbound the ball from near halfcourt instead of under the basket, which enabled them to get that spectacular inbound alley-oop?



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Points: 6,725, Level: 24
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    63
    Points
    6,725
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    I was there too. Will looked good to me. I don't remember that many tats though.

    My Jeff Horner bobblehead dolls are up for auction on Ebay. $50 Buy It Now. I assume that is why some many people were there tonight.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 29,765, Level: 53
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale,Ia
    Posts
    3,211
    Points
    29,765
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    I miss stinson and blalock. I cant wait till we get another pair of guards that good again



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 13,046, Level: 34
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    577
    Points
    13,046
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedefender View Post
    I miss stinson and blalock. I cant wait till we get another pair of guards that good again
    Hopefully Diante and Buckley will be our next set of guards that everyone else in the conference hates going against!!



  14. #14
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 276,990, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,311
    Points
    276,990
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 114

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    Agreed on everything you said about Will's game.

    I'm still not sure why Anaheim got to inbound the ball from near halfcourt instead of under the basket, which enabled them to get that spectacular inbound alley-oop?
    I believe in the NBA when you call a timeout, you get the ball at halfcourt instead of under your own basket.


    42-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 29,765, Level: 53
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale,Ia
    Posts
    3,211
    Points
    29,765
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

    Re: Blalock scores 16 with 11 assists against Energy

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon3 View Post
    Hopefully Diante and Buckley will be our next set of guards that everyone else in the conference hates going against!!
    thats really exciting to think about. I can't wait. Eeeeeeek



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM