Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 0

Rahshon Clark Interview

If you guys got the itch, you can go listen to an interview with Rahshon at media day on Cyclones.com. They also interview Ross, but then a bunch of people start talking around him and he's a soft talker so you can't really understand anything at that point.

I've said stuff like this before, but I really like and respect Rahshon. When it all unraveled last year, he could have very easily left or gotten sour. With Marsden, I mean this is his home, he doesn't really have anywhere else to go, but Clark is an east coast transplant and other than his fiance there isn't anything holding him here or to ISU.

But he's been positive, forward thinking, receptive, and he's created a home in Ames and at ISU. He wanted to be a leader, he is, and now he has a chance to be part of a huge rebuilding effort. No doubt it's going to be difficult and he knew that and hung out anyway. That takes balls, and I like balls.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Rahshon has to be one of my favorite Cyclones of all time. I just flat out love that kid. I mean I hope he leads us to victory, to be sure, because I'm an ISU fan. But when Rahshon leaves, I'll follow him in the NBA. And if he doesn't make it to the league (although I have no doubt he will) I'll wish him the best whereever he goes. I'm not only an ISU fan this year, but I'm an equally big Rahshon fan. I usually don't find myself rooting for one player so much, but I really want him to have success.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&ATCLID=654803

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Rahshon Clark Interview

I pretty much echo everything you said. I have alot of respect for him, becuase he stuck it out while everybody else was jumping off the ship. That showed alot of character and heart towards the Cyclone program. Now, taking over a position of leadership on the court, I feel he is going to shine.

I hope we can put some special players around him and McDermot utilizes him to the best of his ability during the next 2 seasons. Although unlikely, how great would it be if he could lead us to the NCAA tournment this season with our backs against the wall like they are. Hell, even a NIT birth would be good. (Sone of my favoriate memories as a student were at the NIT games a few years ago) I can't wait to see his thunderous dunks sending Hilton into a Frenzy.

No matter the outcome of this season, or the next, he will always have a high place on my list of favoriate Cyclones.

Rookie
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

With Stinson and Blalock gone, we will seen Rashon excell to new heights.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Recruit
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Rahshon has got a long way to go before he is considered an NBA prospect. Sure he has the jumping ability of an NBA player. But lacks the offensive scoring ability. That can come, but what scares me about his game is his poor dribbling skills. For only being 6' 4, 6' 5 tops he needs to be able to shoot and dribble better to play in the league.

That being said he also is one of my favorite Clones. He plays with high energy and was one of the only guys last year to play some Defense. Plus for a 3 man he can grab some rebounds with that athleticism. He seems like he really has his head screwed on right for a young guy. I hope his game can continue to improve and he becomes a smoother offensive player. He has a chance to be special

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Ditto on Rahshon. I have had a chance to meet with him on a couple of occuasions and he is a great, great young man. He is wonderful with my daughter as well. I wish him the best this year and next.

We are very lucky to have such a great young man as a Cyclone. A lot of credit goes to Wayne on this one. He brought Rahshon here and is like a father figure to him.

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 29

Great post clonestotop. I couldn't agree more. He has decent shooting ability and great athleticism. He needs to work on ball handling and creating his own shot by dribling or penetrating. He isn't very quick on that first step. As far as his height goes, he is an easy 6'6.' I am 6'1' and talked with him at fan fest. He towered above me. McD is tall! I had my picture taken with him and my family and I bet I came up to the bottom of his chin.

Recruit
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Really? Maybe i just think im macho or something cuz i am 6'4 and he seemed the same heigth as me, maybe a touch taller. But I'm the same guy who thought my girlfriend was around 5'8' only to find out she was closer to 5'4', so my judgement is pretty off

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Fan View Post
    Ditto on Rahshon. I have had a chance to meet with him on a couple of occuasions and he is a great, great young man. He is wonderful with my daughter as well. I wish him the best this year and next.

We are very lucky to have such a great young man as a Cyclone. A lot of credit goes to Wayne on this one. He brought Rahshon here and is like a father figure to him.
    I agree 100% with the positive opinions of Rahshon - he could be a very special player for ISU by the time he is done.

Also, speaking of Wayne - has anyone heard anything recently about him or where he might land? No doubt he will be a very good recruiting assistant coach for a program somewhere.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

That takes balls, and I like balls.

Wow nice statement

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Drew21 View Post
    That takes balls, and I like balls.

Wow nice statement
    I think I gotcha...I hope.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Recruit
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I think that the dribbling ability will come for Rahshon. Remember, he was a post player in high school, so he hasn't had much time learning how to handle the ball on the wing. With good coaching he can get there.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,123
    Given: 1,011

I like Rashon's attitude on the court. He looks like he has a hell of a good time out there.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

The thing I love most about Clark is his ability to light up the crowd. All it takes is 1 great play from Rashawn, and Hilton gets louder than a 747. Every time he goes up for a dunk the crowd gets silent, giving the calm before the storm, until he slams the ball down and Hilton Magic is unleashed. I'm looking forward to a great season, win or lose.

Rookie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 34

Rahshon's also going to have to put on some weight (at least 20 pounds), get better defensively, better shooter/scorer (a lot better at shooting), and dribbling (stronger w/ the ball) are the things that come to mind to make him an NBA player. But yea, I love the kid and think with Mac he might be able to pull it off, maybe. I wish him the best and am looking forward to watching him play this year. He is electric.

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 56

I ran into Rahshon at Wal-Mart, of all places. He automatically shook my hand and answered all of my stupid questions. It's nice to see that he takes the time to talk to all fans, even when they are being bumbling idiots like myself.