Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

So This is a Leader?

CR is prepared to shut down the free boards, and many of you expect us to come here to an administrator that says our team looks like **** and we should give back 3 wins? Yea, nice fan. No thanks, we need a site with someone who supports ISU, not trashes our school.

"I personally expected us to win the Iowa and Nebraska games but ISU has just looked like **** even in the three wins. Right now we absolutely don't deserve the wins we do have and I think they should be given back because this team and coaching staff just don't deserve it." Jeremy

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 152

Re: So This is a Leader?

Classy.

If you can't handle the truth...maybe you should live in Pleasantville.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 2,231

Quote Originally Posted by CyPower View Post
    CR is prepared to shut down the free boards, and many of you expect us to come here to an administrator that says our team looks like **** and we should give back 3 wins? Yea, nice fan. No thanks, we need a site with someone who supports ISU, not trashes our school.
    I understand and respect where you're coming from - we all want to support ISU, and I think it's great that you feel so strongly about supporting the team. Nobody can argue that many threads lately have been negative.

That being said - I think Jeremy was just venting some frustration through freedom of speech. He supports this team by watching games (that are sometimes painful), by running this (expensive) site completely out of his own pocket and with donations, and by trying to bring free information to the fans that they wouldn't get as quickly if this forum didn't exist. As a supportive fan, he feels let down by the team as of late, and is just expressing that. It wasn't intended to trash our school; quite the contrary, he was pointing out flaws that we MUST improve if we are to be competitive.

I sincerely hope that every fan that comes to this site is able to take the good with the bad, and come away feeling like they are able to freely express their opinions respectfully without fear of retribution - and this includes Jeremy.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 238

Raw Truth form Pleasantville or Inner Mongolia or Guam or wherever:
    I have stated in the past as a TEAM (defense and offense hitting on all 4 cylinders), our team has only looked they were cranked up in the first half at Iowa, the overtime session, the seond half against UNI, and 5 minutes in Texas. The rest of the time they have been plain vanilla. I hope we have a complete game in our system somewhere. When the Clones hold up four fingers for the fourth quarter, they better start adding a thumb to it also so they can give a hand to the rest of the team to finish the game. We have not looked comfortable for seven straight weeks. If not this week, our confidence will not be good for the rest of the season.

Now the question that could be debated is has the defense looked better for more minutes of play or has the offense? The last two weeks have put the defense in the lead for me. IMO.
    I have seen few long breakaway plays against the defense and I have seen even fewer long plays for the offense. Yet I am really holding my breath more when those blitzers are chasing Bret around the football field.

By the way, the playcalling is improvingm, but the execution on the oline is still negligent.

Last edited by Wesley; 10-18-2006 at 11:23 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 980
    Given: 520

I've been working really hard to help Cyclone fans find their happy place. But there are a lot of positives about this site, and while I tire of reading negative stuff too, there are a lot of positive fans out there if you look for them.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Classy.

If you can't handle the truth...maybe you should live in Pleasantville.
    Truth is that we are 3-4. So, if we beat Tech this week, we will only be 1-7 in the world you and Jeremy inhabit (cohabitate)?

But thanks for the "you can't handle the truth" spaz. Very witty. Know any other movies from the early 1990's?

Anyway, having a site admin that trashes our FB team and a moderator that rushes to his defense with lame quotes does not inspire one to bookmark this site as the home of cyclone fans.

Recruit
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

There goes your rep level cypower. ;)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 238

One thing everyone can apparently agree on is we copuld be 0-7 instead of 3-4 or somewhere in between, but not 7-0. It will be interesting who we book on nonconference schedule fior the next release (say for 2012 season.)

Do you think Armny is mad because they bought themselves out of the contract this year not to play in Ames in a return match?

We have been the highpoint for UNLV and Toledo (plus their win over Kansas).

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

I dont want to always come to this site and hear a lot of the things like "we won the second half" If the poster thinks that the team looked bad they can come here and vent their frustrations, even if that person is the site owner, he owns this site so he should be able to vent if he wants to on this site. Overal I think that Jeremy has supported ISU athletics through some of the past losses very well. And just because he said that we played like **** after the NU game does not mean that he is an ISU hater.

Free Board = Free Discussion

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

"I personally expected us to win the Iowa and Nebraska games but ISU has just looked like **** even in the three wins. Right now we absolutely don't deserve the wins we do have and I think they should be given back because this team and coaching staff just don't deserve it." Jeremy
    It's like you expect to stick around here by automatically ripping into and administrator. If you're new to this whole gig, message boards bring differing opinions. If you're not a fan of that, I'd say this isn't the place.

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree with the owner 100%. if you don;t, that tells me that you missed a game or two. Sorry.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

If you can't tolerate divergent opinion then you could start your own message board and delete all posts that don't agree with yours.

On the other hand, you could provide us with a compelling argument as to why you disagree as opposed to attacking those who's opinions disagree with yours. One of the benefits of these boards is that differing opinions are accepted.

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 136

I guess each has their own opinion. Would you rather be on a site that is nothing but BS in lolipop land or would you actually like to debate the truth and performance on the field? I personally like talking sports and debating what our weaknesses are. If you want to just be told nothing but nice dreams and fantasies to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, go watch a couple of Disney movies instead of paying attention to sports.

I started this football season being completely 110% positive even on our weaknesses but I soon realized that we weren't performing at even 75%. So why should I lie to all the fans and tell them a bunch of BS that they can see isn't true? I support this team more than you could ever imagine but the truth is often harder to take than the warm cuddlies you must be used to.

Now if you're just mad that you aren't being welcomed here when your first post is ripping on the site and it's members, then you're probably not going to like this site and I would recomend moving over to the Hawk message boards, they'll gladly take another fan that can't handle the truth.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Rookie
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

This is the America way, voice your opinion if you please, if not move on, Great Job Jeremy, Yes I am disappointed in this team , they are better then their record , time to step up and show fans what they are made of.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I would like to hear your definition of "trashes our school". In the threads I read I don't see that. Support is support in any form and that includes being critical. While this board might get off topic and too negative or personal sometimes, at least people are expressing what they feel. It's nice to hear people's passion for the school whether it is in positive or negative fashion...you know people really care about the school and really want the best. As ISUFan22 pointed out I too prefer that over Pleasantville.