Bo Williams Article
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 20,006, Level: 43
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 744
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mfelske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    702
    Points
    20,006
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 51

    Bo Williams Article

    Here's a pretty good article from the Ames Trib about Bo Williams and his decision to come to ISU.
    Mid-Iowa Newspapers - Williams' business is helping Cyclones



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 33,745, Level: 56
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,738
    Points
    33,745
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Couldn't find the Bo William article (bad link possibly?) but did find a cool article about Hammerschmidt and his decision to attend ISU over Missouri.

    Mid-Iowa Newspapers - ISU recruit has built-in comeback for naysayers

    EDIT: ahh the link was fixed. good story on Bo!



  3. #3
    Recruit
    Points: 7,029, Level: 24
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    mojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Salem, NH
    Posts
    120
    Points
    7,029
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Great story thanks for the post!



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 61,787, Level: 77
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,461
    Points
    61,787
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Great story but, man, that is a long time to wait to ever see the field. I really hope he stays motivated despite the long wait.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 44,926, Level: 65
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,803
    Points
    44,926
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 8

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    I thought it was finalized that Bo had 4 years of eligibility.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 30,217, Level: 53
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale,Ia
    Posts
    3,274
    Points
    30,217
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 2

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Cool story. I hope bo tries to get his elegibility from past year back. He is gonna be good. Him and a rob will be unstopable



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 261,247, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,870
    Points
    261,247
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Quote Originally Posted by mwitt View Post
    I thought it was finalized that Bo had 4 years of eligibility.
    I don't believe the cases are granted until the summer, but apparently it's assumed he will.




  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 13,777, Level: 35
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    684
    Points
    13,777
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    What I was left with after reading both of those articles is that we are recruiting kids with their head screwed on straight, who know what they want and believe they can find it in Ames.

    That's really good news too...


    have you ever got caught outside In a strong rainfall? Yes or NO. If it"s yes, then you might half felt the pane of hard(tought) rain on you head. If it hurt"s then it"s tough. Yes or no. Okay I'm right and you know it.

    So alothough you attempt"ed to say you didn"t understnad, now you do. Fair enough?

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 38,619, Level: 60
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    38,619
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 127

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Quote Originally Posted by mfelske View Post
    Here's a pretty good article from the Ames Trib about Bo Williams and his decision to come to ISU.
    Mid-Iowa Newspapers - Williams' business is helping Cyclones
    Hey, Coach Petersen was on the ball and did a great job, didn't he?

    And Bo, everything you read about this kid, you like him a lot for what he does off the field as well as on it. Bo seems like a super young man. It's just so terrific to cheer on a kid for who he is as well as for what he does on the field.

    I've wondered why, exactly, Gene Chizik chose to come to Iowa State University.

    In addition to the power tandem of Dr. Geoffrey and Jamie Pollard, who were in position to establish the means for Gene to succeed (not having to deal with a slow and cumbersome search committee just had to help), I've got another thought, too.

    At a Texas or at a Nebraska, Gene would have been "the next man in," really. At Iowa State, he has the opportunity to become "The Man." By that I mean Gene can be the author of his own success and take this program to places it has never before been. He couldn't do that at one of the power programs; they've been to the mountain top.

    ISU, the ultimate challenge, maybe. If Gene succeeds here, he won't be just one more in a line of fine coaches, he will have proven that he's something special.

    And, Bo Williams is here to help Iowa State achieve something special. Bo says so in the interview linked here. This program has an opportunity to go where no Cyclone Coach and no ISU team has gone before.

    Just rambling, I know. . . .



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 95,449, Level: 96
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,601
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,929
    Points
    95,449
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 122

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Quote Originally Posted by CyValley View Post
    Hey, Coach Petersen was on the ball and did a great job, didn't he?

    And Bo, everything you read about this kid, you like him a lot for what he does off the field as well as on it. Bo seems like a super young man. It's just so terrific to cheer on a kid for who he is as well as for what he does on the field.

    I've wondered why, exactly, Gene Chizik chose to come to Iowa State University.

    In addition to the power tandem of Dr. Geoffrey and Jamie Pollard, who were in position to establish the means for Gene to succeed (not having to deal with a slow and cumbersome search committee just had to help), I've got another thought, too.

    At a Texas or at a Nebraska, Gene would have been "the next man in," really. At Iowa State, he has the opportunity to become "The Man." By that I mean Gene can be the author of his own success and take this program to places it has never before been. He couldn't do that at one of the power programs; they've been to the mountain top.

    ISU, the ultimate challenge, maybe. If Gene succeeds here, he won't be just one more in a line of fine coaches, he will have proven that he's something special.

    And, Bo Williams is here to help Iowa State achieve something special. Bo says so in the interview linked here. This program has an opportunity to go where no Cyclone Coach and no ISU team has gone before.

    Just rambling, I know. . . .
    Iowa...the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Iowa State Cyclones...



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 38,619, Level: 60
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    38,619
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 127

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    Iowa...the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Iowa State Cyclones...
    Ha! You caught me! I had that line in mind when I wrote that passage.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 271,794, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,536
    Points
    271,794
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 38

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    Good stuff...FB and coach Chizik has me very excited for this program.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,623, Level: 35
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ScottyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Johnston, IA via Ogden
    Posts
    344
    Points
    13,623
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    In the Hammerschmidt article, it mentioned that the coaches sent him a workout regiment before he gets to Ames. I don't know if Mac had done this, but it helps the players prepare physically and gives them the idea of what the coaches want from them.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 17,935, Level: 40
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,246
    Points
    17,935
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 0

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    In order to get a 6th year of eligibility (Settles, Yelk) the player must appeal to the NCAA for an exemption. I don't think the player can make that appeal until after their 5th year.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Bo Williams Article

    All college coaches send a workout regime to recruits, sometimes before they even commit...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM