Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Collegefootballnews.com TxTech game preview

That was my emphasis with the red type.
    I really hope ISU follows the past couple of years with a win to break the 0-3 conference start. I believe it can happen if the offense starts clicking...

Texas Tech (4-3) at Iowa State (3-4)
    3:30 PM EST Saturday October 21st
    Why to Watch: Which team's floundering season will officially start to go into the tank? Iowa State has faced a nasty schedule losing to Iowa, Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma over the last five weeks, but it won by the skin of its teeth against miserable Toledo and UNLV teams along with a one-point win over D-IAA Northern Iowa. A loss this week likely means the end of bowl hopes for a team that can't seem to find anything to hang its hat on. Texas Tech has shown flashes of oh-my-goodness brilliance mixed in with oh-my-goodness tank jobs against Colorado and TCU. With Texas coming up next week, the Red Raiders desperately need to stop the two-game losing slide to get back on track to get higher in the bowl pecking order. There should be a ton of passing and a lot of big plays in what should be an entertaining game.
    Why Texas Tech Might Win: The Red Raider pass defense has been strong leading the Big 12 allowing only 148 yards. Iowa State QB Bret Meyer is good, but he hasn't been efficient relying more on the home run shot to try to bail out a mediocre running game. Granted, the Tech secondary has only faced one team that throws, UTEP, and got burned, but the secondary has been relatively strong all year long. If Iowa State isn't throwing well, it isn't winning. Meanwhile, the Cyclone secondary has been awful with no pass rush from the line to provide any help, and it's even worse now with top corner DeAndre Jackson out for the year with a knee injury.
    Why Iowa State Might Win: Will good Texas Tech show up or will it be weird, bad Texas Tech? When QB Graham Harrell is off, he's really, really off, and there's absolutely no running game to fall back on. Iowa State has to hope Harrell is misfiring and unable to get on the same page as his great receiving corps, and it has to find a way to sniff out plays like Colorado was able to do last week. The Red Raiders will turn the ball over, but can Iowa State take advantage of the mistakes?
    Who to Watch: If Joel Filani scores, Texas Tech usually wins. Fine, so it's not that simple, but Tech is 4-1 this year when the senior receiver gets into the end zone, and 0-2 when he doesn't, and 10-2 over the last three years when he scores. Coincidence? Maybe, but while Robert Johnson and Jarrett Hicks are certainly capable of burning secondaries, the offense always seems to hum at its best when Filani is rolling. Before being held to four catches last week, he caught 21 passes for 270 yards and two touchdowns over the previous two games. He should have a field day in single coverage, and Harrell has to find a way to get him the ball. Meanwhile, Hicks saw his 28-game streak of catching at least one pass stopped at Colorado, while Johnson will likely be back in the mix after being suspended for last week's game.
    What Will Happen: Iowa State isn't very good. At least, it's not playing like it's any good. Texas Tech's offense will get back on track with all the parts working again.
    CFN Prediction: Texas Tech 31 ... Iowa State 24 ... Line: Texas Tech -2
    Must See Rating: (5 skip the birth of your first born - 1 Knights of Prosperity) ... 3

Addict
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

Re: Collegefootballnews.com TxTech game preview

Time to prove those suckers wrong. I remember a year ago, just when columnists were ready to forget about Iowa State, the Cyclones throttled a bad Cowboy team 37-10. Who knows, the same could happen this year.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Time to prove those suckers wrong. I remember a year ago, just when columnists were ready to forget about Iowa State, the Cyclones throttled a bad Cowboy team 37-10. Who knows, the same could happen this year.
    That's what I keep hoping for!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

The OSU game last year was homecoming as well.

Passing: 124/273, 1560 yds, 8 TDs
    Rushing: 441 yds, 3 TDs
    Receiving: 98 Rec, 1106 yds, 3 TDs

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

What, no expert picks update? Who did Clucko the Chicken select in this game? His guess is certainly as good as mine! He did pick Colorado last week (over TT), along with A&M (over Missou). Of course he also picked ISU to beat Texas and Nebraska, but had learned his lesson by the time OU rolled around. Clucko rules!

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I think we've got a good shot at taking this one, and maybe even with a bang. I have a good feeling about getting some INTs this game, and if we cook up some blitz packages, we might just be able to throw their pass game off balance. I also think Stevie might have a chance for a breakout game. I've been waiting for him to have one all year, and this just might be the game.

By the way Flynn4Heisman: it's good to see someone else out there who reallizes that Flynn is one heck of a football player. I've loved watching Flynn play for a long time. He actually turned my brother-in-law from a Hawkeye fan all of his life to a true Cyclone fan now. He saw the Texas game in Ames Flynn's freshman year when he came in and rallied the Cyclones back after a huge half-time deficit under the QB competing with Flynn to get 3 TDs in a row. We still lost that game, but Flynn showed how much heart he has.