Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

A&M - Arkansas renew their SWC rivalry

They signed a 10 year agreement that will start in 2009. They'll be playing in the Cowboys' new stadium.

This certainly looks like the direction that college programs are heading - playing in major venues that are at least somewhat neutral in terms of home field advantage. The payouts are there for both teams.

A&M, Arkansas to resume football rivalry in 2009 | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Last edited by jDub; 03-11-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Changed SEC to SWC - thanks for the catch Incyte.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,332
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 37

Re: A&M - Arkansas renew their SEC rivalry

Actually its a SWC rivalry and not an SEC rivalry IIRC. I would like ISU to get involved in something similar with the Gophers but there just isn't a good neutral site.

Last edited by Incyte; 03-11-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Actually its a SWC rivalry and not an SEC rivalry IIRC. I would like ISU to get involved in something similar with the Gophers but there just isn't a good neutral site.
    I would be content to just do home and homes with them. But it would be nice to do it for more then two years. I want a reason to not like them. (Other then Brewster)

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cloneu View Post
    I would be content to just do home and homes with them. But it would be nice to do it for more then two years. I want a reason to not like them. (Other then Brewster)
    How about in the 1920's they trod on jack Trice, causing internal bleeding which led to his death? And some say it was intentional. If you want a good reason to hate minnie, that's it.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    You're absolutely right - my bad. Can I blame it on the keyboard since the "W" and "E" are right next to each other?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 307

Quote Originally Posted by cloneu View Post
    Yeah, right now Brewster isn't even a reason to hate them, more of an excuse to point fingers and stifle chuckles...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

Re: A&M - Arkansas renew their SWC rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by jDub View Post
    They signed a 10 year agreement that will start in 2009. They'll be playing in the Cowboys' new stadium.

This certainly looks like the direction that college programs are heading - playing in major venues that are at least somewhat neutral in terms of home field advantage. The payouts are there for both teams.

A&M, Arkansas to resume football rivalry in 2009 | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    I was actually just getting on the computer to talk about this so I'm glad that you've already brought this up. I'm not positive but I think they're working a deal with the Longhorns as well.

Which leads me to wonder about the future of the Razorbacks. Yeah, we've talked extensively about the Hogs joining the Big XII and yet they continue to work deals with the original SW Conference teams. I honestly believe that if there's another flurry of re-alignments in conferences (which may not happen for years) I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to find Arkansas in the Big XII. By that time we may have a much better tv contract that would hopefully compete with the SEC. Along with that, they have a new coach (if he sticks around that long) and a new AD so it's not completely out of the relm of possibility. The media down here are jumping all over the renewal with A&M along with their love affair with the Longhorns.

Do I think it's a possibility, sure, why not? Do I see it happening anytime soon, no.