Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

What will Big 12 rosters look like next year?

ESPN has Beasley(KSU), DeAndre Jordan(A&M), DJ Augustin(TEXAS), and Blake Griffin(OU) in the top ten of their NBA Draft projection.

There are, of course, a lot of seniors finishing their college careers in KC. But, how many underclassmen are as well?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161

Re: What will Big 12 rosters look like next year?

I think there are a lot of possibilities for early entries - This is something I've been looking at for a while actually.

KU - Most fans are expecting Rush, Arthur, and possibily Chalmers to be gone (especially with the signing of Appleton). Robinson, Kaun, Jackson, Stewart, and Case all graduate.

UT - Augustine is probably gone. I would say that I think James might be gone but he's a tweener at the next level and might be a four year player. No seniors of note leaving.

KSU - Beasley and Walker are gone. Most places still have Walker in the first round. Young and Stewart graduate. I honestly think Sutton and Pullen step in nicely for Young and Stewart but Beasley and Walker leave big holes in the frontcourt.

BU - really only loses Bruce to graduation and he isn't as big a factor for them this year.

OU - Griffen is probably gone. Longar and Godbold are gone. Could be a different team next year, although they bring in the super talented Willie Warren.

A&M - Jordan is probably gone. They lose Jones and Kirk to graduation. They are going to also look a lot different on the inside next year.

NU - Obviously they lose Maric, who I think is their only senior of signifcance. Although he is a huge part of that team.

OSU - Not losing any early entrants, but do lose DPOY Marcus Dove. Extremely young team, could be a riser next year.

TT - Lose Zeno (finally) and Burgess. Very young team though.

MU - Lose Hannah, Lyons, Brown, Butterfield, Horton, Volkus. They'll be a completely different team next year and they have a huge recruiting class even if there aren't any top 150 guys in there.

CU - Silas kicked off the team, Roby and Hall are gone, King-Stockton is gone... it seems like they are going to have the 12th spot locked down for a while.

If you looked at the graduates and early entrants, it looks like the Big 12 is losing a lot of quality rebounders and post players. Post play is going to be considerably weaker in the Big 12 next season which is a very good thing for us considering we lose our best post player and two best rebounders.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

Thanks Bryce!

I really like reading that last paragraph. Should give a little more hope for next season. Plus, while we graduate 2 good players - it's just 2 (not counting the 2 that barely saw action).

We'll still be a somewhat young team next season, with just 3 seniors - all transfers in from this past year - each that many feel will come off the bench as next year grows on.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 191

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    I think there are a lot of possibilities for early entries - This is something I've been looking at for a while actually.

KU - Most fans are expecting Rush, Arthur, and possibily Chalmers to be gone (especially with the signing of Appleton). Robinson, Kaun, Jackson, Stewart, and Case all graduate.

UT - Augustine is probably gone. I would say that I think James might be gone but he's a tweener at the next level and might be a four year player. No seniors of note leaving.

KSU - Beasley and Walker are gone. Most places still have Walker in the first round. Young and Stewart graduate. I honestly think Sutton and Pullen step in nicely for Young and Stewart but Beasley and Walker leave big holes in the frontcourt.

BU - really only loses Bruce to graduation and he isn't as big a factor for them this year.

OU - Griffen is probably gone. Longar and Godbold are gone. Could be a different team next year, although they bring in the super talented Willie Warren.

A&M - Jordan is probably gone. They lose Jones and Kirk to graduation. They are going to also look a lot different on the inside next year.

NU - Obviously they lose Maric, who I think is their only senior of signifcance. Although he is a huge part of that team.

OSU - Not losing any early entrants, but do lose DPOY Marcus Dove. Extremely young team, could be a riser next year.

TT - Lose Zeno (finally) and Burgess. Very young team though.

MU - Lose Hannah, Lyons, Brown, Butterfield, Horton, Volkus. They'll be a completely different team next year and they have a huge recruiting class even if there aren't any top 150 guys in there.

CU - Silas kicked off the team, Roby and Hall are gone, King-Stockton is gone... it seems like they are going to have the 12th spot locked down for a while.

If you looked at the graduates and early entrants, it looks like the Big 12 is losing a lot of quality rebounders and post players. Post play is going to be considerably weaker in the Big 12 next season which is a very good thing for us considering we lose our best post player and two best rebounders.
    Props to you my friend. I agree with everything. I was really hoping to get a good juco big since he could have almost as much playing time as he wanted, but it looks like all B12 schools are going to be struggling with the same thing next year.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 425

With CU going to suck, can we still predict a 1/1 tie there =) I think our possibilities next year sound good all around. If we keep making improvements, we should be able to hang well with anyone.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 2

I just cannot believe Jordan, someone who played 20 min. a game and averaged less than 9 ppg can be in the top ten of the draft. I know they scout on potential, but come on!

I guess that's what being 7 feet, 255 lbs. gets you.

Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161

Just looking at the guys that are leaving, along with the recruiting classes, I think the top three are obviously KU, UT, and BU, (maybe A&M) and after that it's WIDE open. I'm not saying that to say that ISU should be finishing top half or anything, but I do expect the blowouts to stop and I honestly think we should finish higher than CU, NU, and MU in the North next year.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

DeAndre Jordan needs to run the draft before his stock drops any lower. For all the hype he didn't do much at all.