Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 100

How do you show disappointment?

I posted this as a response in another thread but think it warrants its own topic.

A lot of people are disappointed, want change, want to see improvement, want to fire the coach, etc. I'm frustrated right now just like everyone else.

The question I would like to know is: How do we show our disappointment without hurting the university?

Personally, I'm disappointed but I will continue to donate and buy season tickets no matter how bad the team is. I just love Cyclone football.

I don't WANT to stop donating or supporting because I love Iowa State University. However, if this season doesn't turn around at all, I want an outlet to express my disappointment and frustration...but how?

Right now, this message board is my only outlet.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: How do you show disappointment?

Put your frustrations in writing and send them to Pollard. I'm sure he'll take note since you're a donor and season ticket holder.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I know you don't want to STOP buying tickets & donating, but the ultimate 'letter' to Pollard would be if ticket-sales plundered. He is essentially a salesman, and his products are Cyclone athletic teams. If his products don't 'sell', he has to adjust the price or the product itself, marketing the product, etc. But there's only so many ways you can 'spin' the same product before the public (or fans) get tired of it. I think we're at that point!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by St8Grad View Post
    I know you don't want to STOP buying tickets & donating, but the ultimate 'letter' to Pollard would be if ticket-sales plundered. He is essentially a salesman, and his products are Cyclone athletic teams. If his products don't 'sell', he has to adjust the price or the product itself, marketing the product, etc. But there's only so many ways you can 'spin' the same product before the public (or fans) get tired of it. I think we're at that point!

I am of the opinion seeing how Jamie Polalrd has operated already that he doesn't NEED anyone to send a message to him. He gets it already and all me or anyone else stopping their season ticket renewal will do is leave us at home on Saturdays. This situation will be resolved long before ticket renewal letters come out.

The question is: do you trust him to do what is right for the program (given his recent coaching decisions) or do you think you know better as a fan (not directed at St8grad, but everyone in general)....

I am going to put my faith in JP. I've been impressed so far and until he gives me reason to doubt him, I'll back him.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I am sorry if I will still go to games even if we suck. I have done it for 32 years why stop now. If not donating and getting tickets means I will show how disappointed I am then I guess I won't show my disappointment. I still have a fun day at the Jack when we suck. I wish we would win but if we don't I will still be there. I sat through Duncan, Cryner, and Walden. I can sit through Mac as well.

Clones Rule

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedrew View Post
    I am sorry if I will still go to games even if we suck. I have done it for 32 years why stop now. If not donating and getting tickets means I will show how disappointed I am then I guess I won't show my disappointment. I still have a fun day at the Jack when we suck. I wish we would win but if we don't I will still be there. I sat through Duncan, Cryner, and Walden. I can sit through Mac as well.
    I feel the exact same way...except I didn't have to sit through all of the terrible years...

I love going to JTS and watching the Cyclones play and will continue to do so no matter what. I still want to win like no other though.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

How do you express disappointment?

You take it like a man, Tell everyone we will kick butt against the Terrible Techites on Saturday. We plan to vent our frustrations on their end zone. We have a pent up demand to score. Koch himself is about four touchdowns behind schedule.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedrew View Post
    Don't apologize for loyalty! We need more like you.

Pulling donations and ticket revenue only hurts the program further.

Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

How do you show disappointment?
    I light my farts on fire.