Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

TTU - Keys to the Game

This weeks keys to the game is brought to you by...."lose and go home". Effectively, who ever loses this game is done. Season for both is now single elimination tournament.

To me there are two keys to this game.

1. Will ISU passing game get on track against the toughest pass defense we have faced this year. In spite of their record TTU is 10th in pass defense allowing only 148 yards per game. While TTU has been weak against the run, I don't expect a running game to win the game for ISU, hence the passing game key. If ISU doesn't throw for 250 + yards expect a long day for the defense.

2. Can ISU's patchwork secondary slow down the Raiders. Despite last weeks 6 points at CU, TTU is putting up 28 points per game and is averaging a yard more per play than ISU. TTU's passing offense is still 3rd in the nation (once again the best we have faced) while our pass defense with Deandre Jackson was 95th in the nation.

I think this game comes down to what TTU team shows up. The ****** off team that didn't show up on the trip to CU, or the down on our selves team divided Raiders. If TTU shows up to play I think the two keys above will go TTU's way and continue the ISU slide. Usually I think our games depend more on what we do, this one I think is more depended on TTU. I hope I am wrong and I will be there yelling for the Cardinal and Gold, but I expect TTU to win by two TD's.

Rookie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Re: TTU - Keys to the Game

Whoever makes the best adjustments at halftime wins. I think thats whats killing this team, not adapting to the way the other team plays on offense or defense.

The thing that frustrates me the most is every game this season has looked the same, there has been no improvement in the play of the cyclones. I would DIRECT that to the coaching staff.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I must say after listening to Dan's call in show, he really makes you pull for him. While I have been frustrated with our progress, I can't help rooting not just for the Cyclones, but for Dan to pull out not only this game, but the season and his career at ISU.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 345

I want to see a long pass to anybody in the first quarter...no fiddle f*** stuff that shows we are being conservative against such a good offensive team. That Filani guy is very good. Need to patrol him with a bunch of hunting dogs.

You know, we are playing the ultimate short pass team on Saturday. Oh goody, 35 more completions. BryceC, we may set a record for number of completions against our team at year's end.

GO DOWN FIRING in ther first half to get the crowed into it.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

We use to run Jon Davis long a couple of times a game on a fly and usually he was open, but we all head our collective breath b/c he often dropped it. Now he doesn't drop anything and we don't often send him deep. Things that make you go hmmm