Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

What's That Saying?

It's something like "The definition of insanity is trying something over and over again expecting different results?"

Kind of sounds like ISU football in a nut shell.

I didn't expect to win today, but I hoped like holy hell for some sign of improvement, of change, of a dedication to really address the problems and set out to mix things up and make adjustments.

I have NOT seen that. I see the same Cyclone football that I've seen all year. Don't give me excuses. We're doing the same we've done all year, and it doesn't work, and then... we do it again.

7 points for this offense. Thatta boy Barney.

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 2

Re: What's That Saying?

just don't understand how apparently our offense got WORSE from last year.... its supposed to be the other way around.

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39

Our defense can't stop anything. Where's our 3rd down defense? I've seen far too many 3rd down passes completed to their receivers who are wide open just past the 1st down markers. Can we please get some tighter coverage!?! Oh yeah it doesn't help now that DeAndre Jackson went down...

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I too am baffled at how our offense is worse than last year. Far worse. I thought a healthy Stevie Hicks was all we needed to make us really be lethal?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cloned4Life View Post
    I too am baffled at how our offense is worse than last year. Far worse. I thought a healthy Stevie Hicks was all we needed to make us really be lethal?
    These performances make me so frustrated! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 391

I dont see the coaches being the issue. I see the players making boneheaded mistakes. Meyer almost seems like he has his head up his butt this season.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I dont see the coaches being the issue. I see the players making boneheaded mistakes. Meyer almost seems like he has his head up his butt this season.
    I think Meyer has tried to do too much because he's been running for his life most plays. A bit of a "Favre disease" so to speak.

He still should shoulder some of the blame for that...gotta be a smart football player all of the time. But the offensive line is not helping him out at all.

Legend
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 391

I think the fire is out this season. Im not losing hope, but I think the fire has been doused.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,294
    Given: 635

I don't know.......have they gone to their two minute drill at all? They need to do SOMETHING to get into a rhythym. It's inconceivable not to at least try. Ball control only takes pressure off your defense if you are scoring. I'm not sure who calls the plays, but option #2 is looking very good right now. What could it hurt?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I don't know.......have they gone to their two minute drill at all? They need to do SOMETHING to get into a rhythym. It's inconceivable not to at least try. Ball control only takes pressure off your defense if you are scoring. I'm not sure who calls the plays, but option #2 is looking very good right now. What could it hurt?
    "Why try something new when what we have tried all year hasn't worked, maybe we need to just keep trying it, maybe eventually it will come together.." This is the feeling I am getting from watching our team week after week this season.

Right now I just feel like we need a new offensive coordinator with some fire, a quarterback coach to harness the ability of the quality quarterbacks that we have, and someone to let our defense know that they need to form tackle and be aggressive.

I've been posting a lot of negative posts today, and I know it has been out of my frustration from watching the game, but I think we're past the point of being hopeful for much of anything for this season. We just got blown out 41-9. We are 3-4. 0-3 to start conference for, what, the 3rd or 4th season in a row? Hip, Hip, Hoorah.

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

No HEART!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh... but HOW DON'T YOU SEE THAT A LOT OF THIS IS ON THE COACHES? Of course execution plays a part of it, and we're obviously not executing, but look at these plays... they are not giving us the best chance to succeed! We continually run plays that CONTINUALLY do not work! We continually run plays that kill drives. Our offensive line is continually out of position. Our plays are continually VERY predictable and unimaginative. Nothing is changing! We're still trying to pull off the same ineffective game plan! COACHES ARE THE ONES THAT TEACH THESE GUYS THE STUFF THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING ON GAMEDAY - IF THEY DON'T TEACH WELL, THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD ISN'T GOING TO BE GOOD. If crappy/predictable plays are called, what the heck is execution going to do?

I'm sorry but these coaches... seem clueless. Something HAS to change. I don't know if that means coach firings, but SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE, or we will be frustrated for a LONG time...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Cloned4Life View Post
    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh... but HOW DON'T YOU SEE THAT A LOT OF THIS IS ON THE COACHES? Of course execution plays a part of it, and we're obviously not executing, but look at these plays... they are not giving us the best chance to succeed! We continually run plays that CONTINUALLY do not work! We continually run plays that kill drives. Our offensive line is continually out of position. Our plays are continually VERY predictable and unimaginative. Nothing is changing! We're still trying to pull off the same ineffective game plan! COACHES ARE THE ONES THAT TEACH THESE GUYS THE STUFF THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING ON GAMEDAY - IF THEY DON'T TEACH WELL, THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD ISN'T GOING TO BE GOOD. If crappy/predictable plays are called, what the heck is execution going to do?

I'm sorry but these coaches... seem clueless. Something HAS to change. I don't know if that means coach firings, but SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE, or we will be frustrated for a LONG time...
    We have no scheme to block more than six people. If they blitz seven or eight, turn out ther lights. Then when Meyer rolls out, Blythe misses a block. Are we too slow on foot or too slowe up top to fire up anmd try harder. I have watched Kansas and Kansas State lately and they are really fired up to play. I do not see the superimposed desire to win in most of our players. We look like 2006 Colorado players especially on offense. No entusiasm, no supreme effort. Oh well, on to basketball.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.