Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cyclone42

Our recruiting class just effectively got even worse

Randy Kellman transferring effectively is a negative for our recruiting class. It will take two years to make up for an already-redshirted player. And, that FSU fans are apparently excited to have him shows that he is apparently good enough for FSU, and if he's good enough for FSU then we are losing a really good player. I've seen several people try to sugarcoat this; ISU clones33 said it doesn't bother him, bit I will go on the record and say very loudly that THIS BOTHERS ME.

I am starting to wonder what this says about Chizik that an already-redshirted player would be willing to take the hit of losing ANOTHER year of eligibility to get away from him and his program.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 326

Re: Our recruiting class just effectively got even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone42 View Post
    Randy Kellman transferring effectively is a negative for our recruiting class. It will take two years to make up for an already-redshirted player. And, that FSU fans are apparently excited to have him shows that he is apparently good enough for FSU, and if he's good enough for FSU then we are losing a really good player. I've seen several people try to sugarcoat this; ISU clones33 said it doesn't bother him, bit I will go on the record and say very loudly that THIS BOTHERS ME.

I am starting to wonder what this says about Chizik that an already-redshirted player would be willing to take the hit of losing ANOTHER year of eligibility to get away from him and his program.
    Although this is very disappointing, we don't know the reasons for the transfer, do we? I don't think it reflects that bad on the program, but you also won't see me doing cartwheels.

Addict
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 35

I'll save my snotty comments about how this bothers you.
    There have been some rumblings of some personal things going on that he needed to be closer to home for. Not much a coach can do about that.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I've heard he wasn't exactly tearing up the practice field.

And if he doesn't want to be here (by all indications that's what happened), then I don't want him here. We'll find someone who wants to be here, and wants to contribute.

All-Star
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32

I thought clones33 said he was leaving for personal reasons and not because he didn't like the program.

If he didn't want to be a Cyclone that is one thing, but if he has personal reasons why he needs to be somewhere else that is different.

Rookie
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It doesn't bother me. If he wants to go, I wish him the best. There is a lot of good things brewing for football. This is a bump in the road.

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Ummm, I think this post says a lot more about YOU than it says about "him and his program", dontcha think?

Last edited by Phaedrus; 03-01-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I have a feeling it says more about the player, than it does the coach....

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 14

I'm not sure why this bothers people. Not all the kids stick around in the general student population. The Athletic program is no different.

It's been as lousy a winter as I've seen in 25 years. This guy is from Florida and who knows what else is going on with him. No need to turn negative. Move on like this kid has.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 37

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

Man - whats that say about the state of Florida football when one of the best RBs in the nation leaves the Gators for poor ol' ISU. I don't like it - NOT ONE BIT (said while shaking tiny fist at god).

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 17

Not all kids work out. When you bring in 25 kids there is someone who will leave. How many people that you started college with left before they were done? Out of a class of 25, 5 players probaly dont make it 4 years. Things happen ISU and the state of Iowa isnt for everyone.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Randy likes Ames and he likes Iowa State, but its not working for him for personal reasons. He had no problem what so ever with the weather or anything like that. Things like this are going to happen, the only thing we can do is keep filling Jack Trice Stadium and hold on.

Addict
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,922
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

Ouch dude...You had the nerve to come on a message board and criticize the iowa state cyclones. Boy, you are gonna take some HEAT in this thread. Try to keep it positive and optimistic from now on, okay. No matter what happens.

Starter
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Chizik doesn't have to say anything! He knows what it takes to be a winner, because he has. DO YOU?