Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Kelvin Sampson Enjoying His New Job As Telemarketer

Less than a week after being forced out as head basketball coach at Indiana, Kelvin Sampson has found a new career he feels is his true life’s calling.

“The world of telemarketing is like heaven. I wish I had found this earlier in my life and not wasted so many years in basketball,” said Sampson. “I can spend all day, every day on the phone – no restrictions.”

Sampson is working the Noon to 8:00 pm shift with Dial Marketing USA, Inc., but has come in every day by 7:00 a.m. to get extra calls in.

“If you want to get people on the phone, you have to call them very early in the morning before they go to work,” said Sampson. “They’re usually angry to get roused from sleep by a phone call from a telemarketer. But once I tell them I can save them 10-percent on their favorite magazines, they usually warm to what I have to say.”

As much as Sampson is enjoying his new telemarketing career, his supervisor has received numerous complaints about the ex-Hoosiers coach.

“He keeps badgering people,” said Dial Marketing shift manager Cliff Woods. “He calls them back four, five times a night. He’s texting people, too. He just won’t stop, won’t give up, no matter how many times I tell him to stop or warn him it could lead to his termination. He’s quickly become a sales leader, but if he gets us in trouble for ignoring the National Do Not Call Registry, it’s all for naught.”

Woods says he has also received a few complaints from Indiana residents Sampson had called who, upon discovering who they were talking to, lost complete control of themselves and demanded to speak to a manager after Sampson refused to go **** himself.

While hoping his telemarketing career will be a long one, the former Washington State, Oklahoma and Indiana head man says he still is considering a return to coaching. Especially since there is always a possibility he could be forced out at Dial Marketing for excessive telemarketing violations.

“That’s why I’m making a lot of calls to teenage boys who are good basketball players – you know, highly rated freshman and sophomores,” said Sampson. “If I can sell them a few magazines now, maybe I can sell them on my program in a year or two. I already convinced a few three-star recruits to join MyFave five. That’s unlimited calling – my favorite kind!”

Source:SportsPickle.com - Kelvin Sampson Enjoying His New Job as Telemarketer

Last edited by Angie; 02-28-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: language filter

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Kelvin Sampson Enjoying His New Job As Telemarketer

Good. But not as good as Larr-dogg's article.

SportsPickle.com - The Sports Humor and Satire Site on the Internet

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Who do you think could put out more calls per minute, Kelvin or Pierre Pierce.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

This guy on the phone, is kind of like me, and posting on this forum

I'm baaack! See my Hot Milk For Breakfast blog under Social Groups for more details