Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Question Directv Channel 668 ?

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this channel? I normally don't have this in my favorites and stumbled on to it today, hoping I would get the game without paying extra. It's titled Chicago Comcast Alternate or something of that nature. It lists that the game is on it. Does anyone know if a basic subsriber gets this channel or do you have to buy the sports package for the game? I not too interested in paying ten bucks to watch one game. Why doesn't Directv just give Fox Sports Midwest to someone in Iowa instead of this stupid Chicago Comcast channel? Please don't tell me to pony up and pay. I am suprised I even pay for this internet access, if it wasn't for websites like this I wouldn't. This is a great site Jeremy thanks for all the free informarion.

Thanks in advance.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Re: Directv Channel 668 ?

brycy,

I live in Chicago. It's kind of confusing. We no longer have Fox Sports Net in Chicago, so Comcast Sports Chicago has agreed to carry the "standard" Fox Sports Net Saturday college football games on their channel when there isn't a local Chicagoland team on Comcast at the same time (Blackhawks, Bulls, Northern Illinois, etc). Tomorrow, the Northern Illinois game starts at 1pm, so it is being aired on our standard Comcast Sports station. So, they are putting the Big 12 game (ISU-OU) on another channel (channels 3 and 100 locally). I assume that's why it is showing on your Chicago Comcast Alternate station. In your situation, its probably best to have Chicago Comcast / Chicago Comcast Alternate because you'll always get the Fox Sports Net games on them....which include the standard 11:30am Big 12 game.

Last edited by iowastateclone94; 10-13-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Walk On
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Smile Re: Directv Channel 668 ?

If I indeed get the alternate channel, then I am fine with Comcast Chicago. Maybe I have got the alternate channel all along and wasn't smart enough to know. That is the problem with selecting your favorites. If so shame on me, if not shame on you. Just kidding. Thanks for the info.

I wonder how many good games that I have missed? Oh well you can't turn back time.