Prove Me Wrong Mac, Please!
    Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Prove Me Wrong Mac, Please!

Its time to start thinking about basketball season.

I know most of you are very optimistic and I respect that. I'm glad for it. But, realistically, I can't share your optimism about the football season. Our goal was clearly to win the north division and play, for the first time, in the Big XII title game. After Saturday's lackluster performance by the offense and the subsequent loss to Nebraska, I don't see the Cyclones reaching their stated goal.

The offense should have been this year's bright spot. In fact, the defense has been good enough to keep us in any game, if the offense would have performed to potential. Last year I felt that we would have won the north if Stevie had just been healthy. The year before, we could have won it if we just had a consistent field goal kicker. This year, we have what we need but the offense just doesn't seem to care.

How else can you explain their performance? Every player in Cardinal and Gold should have held absolutely nothing back on Saturday night. Each one of them should have been completely empty from having left it all on the field. I sure did not get the impression that the offense had given maximum effort on Saturday. In fact, I don't know if the line gave maximum effort for more than one quarter.

So, if the offense doesn't give everything to beat Nebraska and move one giant step closer to the division title, their primary goal for the year, when are they going to show up? The answer is, of course, that they won't.

It's said that Coach Mac's best attribute is his ability to evoke emotion among players and boosters. I don't think he, or anybody else, will be able to move the players that just don't seem to care. If they didn't care enough to play Nebraska, or Iowa, for four full quarters, then they just cannot be motivated. But, I would love to see Coach Mac prove me wrong.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Prove Me Wrong Mac, Please!

Let's start talking about GMAC! Can't wait for bball!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 3

Yeah, no kidding

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,330
    Given: 273

you all talk like we are 0-6! I think we all expected to have a majority of our losses in the first half of the season, so lets see how the 2nd half goes. In the past 2 years we have strung together some good win streaks. I think we can do it again, this year hopefully win the last game of the year!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 886
    Given: 624

Facts of Life in a nutshell
    It feels like 0-6 when UNLV coach sits at midfield protesting, it takes one, two, three overtimes to topple Toledo, it looks surrealistic when the UNI fieldgoal sails wide, it looks like a b ad dream as Tator comes back and steals a victrory, it is disconcerting to be in a 17-0 hole after five minutes in Austin on national TV, it is unbelievable to watch Maurice Purify grab the deciding play in the first half and thousands leave the stadium. All the high points appear to have more than a heavier counterpoint. We have not played up to our potential no matter how difficult is the schedule. There has not been a feelgood Nichols State game all year and we do not expect one at this point like the Colorado game last year. The two softies left are on the road and TT, Missouri, and Kansas will be no pushover at home. Hope to be 8-4 at this point , but it has been a real struggle this year. What will it take to wake up this team?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 135

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Facts of Life in a nutshell
    It feels like 0-6 when UNLV coach sits at midfield protesting, it takes one, two, three overtimes to topple Toledo, it looks surrealistic when the UNI fieldgoal sails wide, it looks like a b ad dream as Tator comes back and steals a victrory, it is disconcerting to be in a 17-0 hole after five minutes in Austin on national TV, it is unbelievable to watch Maurice Purify grab the deciding play in the first half and thousands leave the stadium. All the high points appear to have more than a heavier counterpoint. We have not played up to our potential no matter how difficult is the schedule. There has not been a feelgood Nichols State game all year and we do not expect one at this point like the Colorado game last year. The two softies left are on the road and TT, Missouri, and Kansas will be no pushover at home. Hope to be 8-4 at this point , but it has been a real struggle this year. What will it take to wake up this team?
    Totally agree.

Hawk fans and media types are saying crap like "their record is right where we thought it would be at this point in the season". The problem is with the way we got there. We're about 4 plays away from 0-6 right now, with no sign of the offense waking up.

The rest of the schedule does not look very forgiving, not with the way this team is playing.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 226

Not sure if anything else positive will happen the rest of the season. This team is listless and is probably going to struggle to cover the spread at Norman, dropping us to 3-4 on the year and 0-3 in the Big XII. In the past we have managed to pull together and go on a good run, but this team just doesn't seem to have the feel for it. There is no way 8-4 will happen, too many iffy games left.

Go Cyclones!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 135

Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    Not sure if anything else positive will happen the rest of the season. This team is listless and is probably going to struggle to cover the spread at Norman, dropping us to 3-4 on the year and 0-3 in the Big XII. In the past we have managed to pull together and go on a good run, but this team just doesn't seem to have the feel for it. There is no way 8-4 will happen, too many iffy games left.
    Yep, and this will make it 4 YEARS IN A ROW that we have started 0-3 in conference play. Something is seriously wrong with that.