Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 74

How Quickly we Forget

Remember before the season started there were a lot of people saying this team would be lucky to win 15 to 16 games? They have won 14 now.

Remember before conference games stated some said we would be lucky to win 5 to 6 conference games? They have won 4 now.

Going into conference games there were those saying Nebraska is a good team and will be tough to beat? ISU beats them then people say Nebraska is a bad team.

We all knew EVERY game would be a dog fight and close for this team going into conference play. We knew there would be ups and downs. Why is it all of a sudden is it a big suprise to some that this team struggles at times and at times plays better than they are suppose to?

There are no give me games for ISU. Heck when they were winning conference titles there were few give me games. Why all of a sudden in year 2 of a turn around do we think there are easy wins?

Why do some say a coach cannot coach one half, but dont give him credit for a great second half?

How can a coach be over his head in one half then the next half coach them to win the game?

Guys and Gals it is year 2 of a turn around. If you were thinking NCAA or NIT lock before the season I want some of what you were smoking.

I will say it again if you dont think McD is a good coach or his system doesnt work look at how Clark and Jiri have been playing the last few games. Granted it is close to the end for them but they have been outstanding. They are good players as well but they are the only 2 ISU players that have played a lot in McD system, they are getting the hang of it all and it is showing. Give these young players time. One last thing why must some compair McD to Morgan they walked into very different situations. Same goes for compairing this to any other rebuild, they are all so different, you cannot compair them.

(I have to thank Jon Miller for the idea for this thread, he talked about it to Iowa fans on his show Friday.)

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 45

Re: How Quickly we Forget

McDermott is a darn good coach. Anybody who is a real fan never turns the TV off at halftime. Stay out of that other thread, it will just make you nauseous.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 265

Re: How Quickly we Forget

The shooters arrive next year. That will allow the 250 plays to look better as we can run an offensive set. The entry passes looked better today. Jiri dod not force every occasion. We had decent refs/ SH carried the day.

Nebraska was good until they started conference play. Now Colorado looks better. They looked dejected in the end.

The remaining tough games will mean we are an underdog in each - if we win 16, we will have had an upset or two. It certainly can happen. Beating KU would be extremely fulfilling for Jiri.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.