Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

What does eveyone think of the new rulles in College FB?

I am talking more about clock management vs Instant replay. I love instant replay but it is not being using properly in college. If they truely review each play, why have a coaches challenge???

1. Clock starting on kickoff vs opposing team touching ball - doesn't affect much time
    2. Clock starts up after ball set after Timeout or first down. I absolutely hate this. They want to speed up the game as it is taking to long. The time of the game is not taking any longer than is was 10 years ago. It is ABC and ESPN going to break every second they can. I know that it creates revenue but it is taking away less "game time" we can see. I would be curious to know how many less plays ISU has had this year vs last year. The game Sat night still last well past 3 hrs. What has improved??? The end of the Washington vs USC game is prime example. Washington gets first down but can't get the ball snapped with 2 seconds left because of the how gets spotted the how the ref starts the clock. Maybe they need to stop the rule when the clock is under 2 minutes.

Ncclone

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Re: What does eveyone think of the new rulles in College FB?

I don't think anything changed with the clock in relation to first downs. It has always been, after a first down, the clock stops and then restarts once the ball is spotted.

The changes affected...

A. Clock starts when the ball is kicked on kickoffs, not touched.
    B. Clock does not stop on changes of posessions.

I may have missed something, yet that's how I interpret the rule changes.

Regardless, I'm not a fan of them. The actual time the game takes has not seemed to change, yet the number of plays has.

Makes no sense...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I don't think anything changed with the clock in relation to first downs. It has always been, after a first down, the clock stops and then restarts once the ball is spotted.

The changes affected...

A. Clock starts when the ball is kicked on kickoffs, not touched.
    B. Clock does not stop on changes of posessions.

I may have missed something, yet that's how I interpret the rule changes.

Regardless, I'm not a fan of them. The actual time the game takes has not seemed to change, yet the number of plays has.

Makes no sense...
    Twenty less plays a game so teams have to make the most of fewer possessions. Makes it more difficult for teams to come back. Looks like the clock continues to run after a first down also when spotted by refs. Means more yardlot football playcalling. That could be good for us.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I agree that there isn't even a point in some games with this instant replay. If they are going to use it properly, let's take every close call in the end zone or for long distance and give them a minute to make sure the play is correct. And let's have someone up there that actually knows the rules and has 20/20 vision. I'd like to know how everyone watching ABC can see that Flynn was in, but no one in the review booth had to be watching ABC to see the missed call. And what is the rules on pushing out of bounds? Somehow in the NFL we would have had 2 more catches, but when playing Nebraska in the NCAA it is not a catch?

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Rookie
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

In the NFL if the official thinks the reciever was going to come down in bounds and is shoved out in the air it is ruled a catch. In college it does not matter. I do not like this rule at all. Takes away talent. It doesn't take much skill to push someone out of bounds while they are in the air. The ABC announcers were very adament on how there was no Offensive Pass Interference and how Flynn had a touchdown. I do not like the rule changes at all. Also, the review official for our game looked like he was about to croak so maybe he didn't know what was going on!