Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Meyer's "fault" or something deeper

In my opinion, Meyer was a better QB last 2 seasons than this one. There were so many plays (the 4th down in 3rd Q comes to mind the easiest) that had he LOOKED at the defense BEFORE the snap and noticed the (non)covereage on the recievers. Me and my buddies in the stands saw the defensive alingment on that particular play and were jumping for joy before the snap. Of course, we all know the result of that play.

Meyer seems to have digressed in some aspects of the game, mainly checking down. He seems to watch one reciever and that is it. So many times tonight someone was wide open for huge yards and the play went to a a short gain.

There is something wrong with the FACT that the offense was actually better last year than this year. There is NO excuse for that.

Edit: Don't give me the O-line play is the reason for this, yes it was horrible, but he still had several plays with no pressure and more than enough time.

Last edited by herbicide; 10-08-2006 at 04:53 AM.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Meyer's "fault" or something deeper

I have nothing against Meyer, thought he played a good game tonight, minus a few bad passes. However, I do remember him calling more of his own plays at the line of scrimmage last year. Is this because of him or coaches telling him not to? Why can't he run a no huddle offense? Or from the shotgun like Young last year? Why can't we play to the capability of our QB? Am I mistaken in his ability? All I know is that some of his best passes tonight were on a roll out, and when in he was in the pocket he had trouble.