Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    For those who follow recruiting

    you may remember ISU recruit J'Mison Morgan (signed with LSU). Price tag: $80,000.

    Hope fans can take a sense of pride that ISU is doing things the right way.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 133,152, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,353
    Points
    133,152
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Is he going to be allowed to play at all in college now?



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Is he going to be allowed to play at all in college now?
    As far as I know there is no proof....just the word of mouth.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    299
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    you may remember ISU recruit J'Mison Morgan (signed with LSU). Price tag: $80,000.

    Hope fans can take a sense of pride that ISU is doing things the right way.
    Has this been published anywhere or is it just hearsay at this point?



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by jDub View Post
    Has this been published anywhere or is it just hearsay at this point?
    Hasn't been published to my knowledge.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    If you have proof or a very reliable source that you can reference by name then bring it on...otherwise you should keep your speculations to yourself...and certainly not post them on here as if they are fact. How would you like it if someone postulated this about ISU with no facts or evidence to support it? Totally irresponsible.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    If you have proof or a very reliable source that you can reference by name then bring it on...otherwise you should keep your speculations to yourself...and certainly not post them on here as if they are fact. How would you like it if someone postulated this about ISU with no facts or evidence to support it? Totally irresponsible.
    It's much more than speculation my friend...I'll let you decide what to believe or not to believe.


    Last edited by kg-cyclone; 02-11-2008 at 09:30 AM.

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,788, Level: 90
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,762
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,597
    Points
    83,788
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    It's much more than speculation my friend...I let you decide what to believe or not to believe.
    Yeah it is much more than speculation because it is on the internet. I am sure Brady on the way out the door broke recruiting rules to get some guy to help the next coach out, riiiight.

    Show proof or shut up.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    It's much more than speculation my friend...I let you decide what to believe or not to believe.
    Then show me the proof. I follow LSU athletics and under the 10+ years of the John Brady era they have not had even a whisper of an NCAA infraction. The last issue they had was one with Lester Earl under the Dale Brown regime and that was over a decade ago.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Hell, someone will write about book about...that person who wrote the book will be on 60minutes with the person that gave the kid the money with audiotape and the NCAA will do nothing. But I'm not going to get all worked up about it.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 14,268, Level: 36
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    684
    Points
    14,268
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Here is another thread where it is suggested he received money. Think what you want, but I don't know why it would be shocking.

    J'Mison Morgan - GOAZCATS.com Message Board


    have you ever got caught outside In a strong rainfall? Yes or NO. If it"s yes, then you might half felt the pane of hard(tought) rain on you head. If it hurt"s then it"s tough. Yes or no. Okay I'm right and you know it.

    So alothough you attempt"ed to say you didn"t understnad, now you do. Fair enough?

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by markshir View Post
    Here is another thread where it is suggested he received money. Think what you want, but I don't know why it would be shocking.

    J'Mison Morgan - GOAZCATS.com Message Board

    Yup...there it is...proof positive that LSU paid the guy...right on an Arizona Wildcat fan internet message board...yup...that's an airtight source.

    PLEASE!! Arizona loses out on the kid to LSU and the Arizona fan says it is due to LSU paying the kid? WOW...all I can say is WOW to any of you that would believe this from this type of source.

    You should read the thread...they actually have a couple of responsible posters on their site telling the accuser to put up or shut up...one even gives him the address for the NCAA infractions department.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,744, Level: 95
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,744
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    Yup...there it is...proof positive that LSU paid the guy...right on an Arizona Wildcat fan internet message board...yup...that's an airtight source.

    PLEASE!! Arizona loses out on the kid to LSU and the Arizona fan says it is due to LSU paying the kid? WOW...all I can say is WOW to any of you that would believe this from this type of source.

    You should read the thread...they actually have a couple of responsible posters on their site telling the accuser to put up or shut up...one even gives him the address for the NCAA infractions department.

    I'm not trying to be an *** just telling people what I heard...and I trust my source over anything you can find on the internet. Take it for what it's worth.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 80,837, Level: 88
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,113
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jumbopackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,470
    Points
    80,837
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 8

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Isn't the whole point of internet message boards to fuel un-substantiated speculation and rumor?

    I hear that the entire LSU basketball teams uses monkey fur jockstraps.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For those who follow recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    I'm not trying to be an *** just telling people what I heard...and I trust my source over anything you can find on the internet. Take it for what it's worth.
    That, my friend, would be absolutely nothing.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM