Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Wrestling team is a Sanderson Family Reunion

I think it is just awesome that Iowa State kept Cael around and didnt let him go to the dark side like we let some other ISU wrestler slip though our fingers. But to me it also looks interesting that we are going to have 3 brothers from the Sanderson family on the team. There is Cael as the head coach, Cody the older brother as an assitant coach, and youngest brother Cyler as a red-shirted freshman wrestler.

All of this talent from one family is pretty amazing and I just hope that they can lead the wrestling team back up the national rankings where we belong! Go Cyclones!!

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(isumellie &#064; May 21 2006, 03&#58;13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I think it is just awesome that Iowa State kept Cael around and didnt let him go to the dark side like we let some other ISU wrestler slip though our fingers.* But to me it also looks interesting that we are going to have 3 brothers from the Sanderson family on the team.* There is Cael as the head coach, Cody the older brother as an assitant coach, and youngest brother Cyler as a red-shirted freshman wrestler.*

All of this talent from one family is pretty amazing and I just hope that they can lead the wrestling team back up the national rankings where we belong&#33;* Go Cyclones&#33;&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

i am happy that cael sanderson was named to coach our wrestling team. i believe cael will bring dignity to the wrestling program and within 3 years challenge the oklahoma state cowboys. did douglas stay on as assistant athletic director at iowa state or did he end up taking thee ohio state wrestling coach position????

thanks.

doc

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    now cyler just needs to go undefeated for his career...

Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck
    - Don Schula.

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Last I heard was that Douglas was staying on as an assitant athletic director but I am not sure if anything has changed recently.

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I will through this probably little known fact out there. Actually Cael did have a loss in his college career. As a true freshman he wrestled in a tournament (I dont have the specifics of it) but he did lose in it. The reason why it did not count toward his collegiate wrestling record is that he was a true freshman (wrestling in the year that was redshirted) and he was wrestling unattached. But no matter about that he still did have the unprecedented four years wrestling undefeated.