Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 59,612, Level: 75
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    59,612
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    For you Star Wars gamers!

    TheForceUnleashed.com

    Game trailer/behind the scences. Link


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 451,167, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,656
    Points
    451,167
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 30

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    And the wii is the PERFECT platform for this. Can you imagine a lightsaber fight with the wiimotes?


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 386,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    386,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 304

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    I hope they make use of the wiimote for force pulls and pushes as well. Would be cool.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 126,828, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tim_redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,368
    Points
    126,828
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 41

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    And the wii is the PERFECT platform for this. Can you imagine a lightsaber fight with the wiimotes?
    No More Heroes

    Like a lightsaber, but a lot more blood. Awesome game, but for an older crowd.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 98,775, Level: 97
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,816
    Points
    98,775
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 41

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Game looks pimp as all hell. I am very excited. Now if we can just get LucasArts to make KOTOR III, I will be happy.

    Currently playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Ridiculously entertaining game.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    Currently playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Ridiculously entertaining game.
    My nephews got that and thought that was "cute" for them to play. Then I got into it and had to go out and buy it for myself.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 98,775, Level: 97
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,816
    Points
    98,775
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 41

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    My nephews got that and thought that was "cute" for them to play. Then I got into it and had to go out and buy it for myself.
    My future parents-in-law bought it for me for Christmas, but then my fiance started playing it and is now thoroughly addicted. I had to go out and buy another 360 wireless controller just so we could play at the same time (I had previously owned just one controller, and never anticipated that the woman would start taking an interest in video games).



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    My future parents-in-law bought it for me for Christmas, but then my fiance started playing it and is now thoroughly addicted. I had to go out and buy another 360 wireless controller just so we could play at the same time (I had previously owned just one controller, and never anticipated that the woman would start taking an interest in video games).
    Don't kid yourself. My wife might not play it a lot, but she loves it.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 386,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    386,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 304

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    I cant wait for Lego Batman.



  10. #10
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 598,418, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,113
    Points
    598,418
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,157
    Given: 108

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    And the wii is the PERFECT platform for this.
    The wii version will likely look nothing like that trailer. The version they're showing is for the 360 and PS3. The wii has nothing on those machines hardware-wise. Too bad, too. It'd be really fun on the Wii, but Nintendo will likely get the dumbed down version compared to the other two.

    The best part about this game is that it will be running the Euphoria physics engine, which is supposed to create some of the most lifelike AI ever developed. Another game using it is a new football game called "Backbreaker." They're claiming that no two tackles will ever be alike. Worth checking out.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 98,775, Level: 97
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,816
    Points
    98,775
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 41

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I cant wait for Lego Batman.
    I didn't know about Lego Batman. Lego Indiana Jones is coming out this spring, too.

    Edit: Sure enough, Lego Batman is due Fall 2008.

    Lego Batman for Xbox 360 - Lego Batman Xbox360 Game - Lego Batman Xbox 360 Video Game


    Last edited by tejasclone; 02-07-2008 at 10:52 AM.

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    I didn't know about Lego Batman. Lego Indiana Jones is coming out this spring, too.
    I saw a write up on both of them and they seem to be pretty much along the lines of the Star Wars Legos. Should be good.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 50,903, Level: 69
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,726
    Points
    50,903
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdewaard View Post
    The wii version will likely look nothing like that trailer. The version they're showing is for the 360 and PS3. The wii has nothing on those machines hardware-wise. Too bad, too. It'd be really fun on the Wii, but Nintendo will likely get the dumbed down version compared to the other two.

    The best part about this game is that it will be running the Euphoria physics engine, which is supposed to create some of the most lifelike AI ever developed. Another game using it is a new football game called "Backbreaker." They're claiming that no two tackles will ever be alike. Worth checking out.
    I agree with this -- even though the Wii edition will have full use of the lightsaber with the Wiimote, the outstanding physics simulation found in the PS3/360 editions will not make it to the Wii. I love my Wii to death, but it's things like this that still make me yearn for a "true" next gen system.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 59,612, Level: 75
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    59,612
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    I agree with this -- even though the Wii edition will have full use of the lightsaber with the Wiimote, the outstanding physics simulation found in the PS3/360 editions will not make it to the Wii. I love my Wii to death, but it's things like this that still make me yearn for a "true" next gen system.
    Feel the same way, but the funds keep running dry. Especially with NCAA this year, I'm ready to get a real system to play this stuff on.

    Speaking of Star Wars, on my XBox I had games like Old Republic, and another that I never even started. Where those fun for anyone? I just didn't seem to have the patience.


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 386,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    386,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 304

    Re: For you Star Wars gamers!

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Feel the same way, but the funds keep running dry. Especially with NCAA this year, I'm ready to get a real system to play this stuff on.

    Speaking of Star Wars, on my XBox I had games like Old Republic, and another that I never even started. Where those fun for anyone? I just didn't seem to have the patience.
    I couldnt stand KOTOR. Im just not into those types of games. Give me an old fashion hack n slash or a FPS and Im good to go. The only strategy type game I liked was Gears.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM