Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 3

Why Nebraska Sucks!!!!!

Just seen in another thread there may be a chance that TerRan Benton is visiting NU this weekend.....

This is the problem with not having early football signing periods like in Basketball. The staff is trying to recruit 5 time the amount of players as basketball and its hard to keep all these young men from wavering as they get everything thrown at them by the university.

So it got me thinking about our current situation and that Chiz has put the kabosh on all recruiting info to help prevent programs that cannot or will not put in the time to see what players fit their needs and instead prey on others hard work to swoop in and steal recruits.

Case in Point - Big Ugly red.....

Since that ******* Pellini has been hired, they've received 10 verbals from players. Of those 10, 6 were decommits from other programs, that speaks volumes to the effort and integrity that he and the university bring to the table.

And before anyone brings up that weve taken players from other schools, i will reject that by saying 2 last year out of 28, not 6 out of 10.

To me the NCAA needs to review the policy of an early signing period so that programs such as Nebraska and others can put in the time and effort to find players and recruit them, rather then reviewing other teams commits determine what positions they need to fill and promise everything and give them nothing.

I really hope the news on Benton is not true, i really like the thought of him and Johnson in our secondary for 4 years!!!!

Addict
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,868
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 69

Re: Why Nebraska Sucks!!!!!

Hey it's the way the recruiting game works. The rules are clear and we can go after theirs like they come after our guys.

What nobody seems to talk about is that years ago programs like Nebraska good "bank" good recruits and have the on Scholarship and not even play. They've tightened up those rules now and the net effect is more quality players on the market for programs like ISU to recruit.

Last edited by Bobber; 02-02-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 9

Now we know why the cornstalks face west in Iowa, Nebraska SUCKS.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 885
    Given: 624

I give Blarney three years in NU and the team will be back in the tank. If this NU staff goes 7-6 next year, recruiting will not be so easy as stealing verbal commits.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I have no problem with you hatin on NE, but I think it would be only fair to give the full story with the way recruiting goes these days. I'm going to take a stab at few of these off the top of my head.
    Josh Williams: NU recruit before going to CU & then back to NU.

Kody Spano: Got shafted by OSU before finding a home at NU, that one is on I'm a man.

Alfonzo Dennard: was a UNC recruit but has been back on the market for awhile now.

David Grant: at one time NU was full at OL before they lost recruits to most teams in the Big 12 and some outside the Big 12, once Hoch left for IA Grant took his spot about 1.2 seconds later.

Lester Ward: has been soft with Baylor, sometimes the services will list them as soft, I'm not sure why they are listed at all at that point. Many recruits will hold a spot one place until another comes along.

I think I managed to name them all off the top of my head. Haven't seen talk of Benton anywhere in the NU camp. Probably don't wanna hate on that until there is legit reason for it. Something tells me you would welcome B. Steinkuler with open arms if he came aboard and find a way to justify it as a "different" situation. The swaping of recruits happens all over the place, I don't like it anymore than anyone, but it is what it is.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 623

I personally have no problem with BP recruiting commits from other schools..

look what Chizik did last year to some smaller schools.

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

There is a reason Pelini has been a high profile assistant for so long without becoming a head coach until now.

I predict the hothead will last 3 years at most in Lincoln. Maybe less, since he'll have Tom Osborne looking over his shoulder all the time.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Looks like it has been confirmed he is a "surprise visitor" to NU this weekend. Looks like the link is Tim Beck who was recruiting him while still at KU. I'd be surprised if he ended up at NU, but surprise seems to be the name of the game now more than ever in recruiting.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Wouldn't it be a shorter list if it were worded as Why Nebraska doesn't suck? I'm running out of fingers and toes.

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mharder View Post
    Wouldn't it be a shorter list if it were worded as Why Nebraska doesn't suck? I'm running out of fingers and toes.
    I assume if he visit NU, Chiz will pull the offer.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    I assume if he visit NU, Chiz will pull the offer.

Exactly...I'm not aware of any pre-arranged agreements that allowed him to visit elsewhere. I hope we do yank his scholly.

If he leaves, we will say we yanked his scholly for visiting. If he stays, we will say he must have an arrangement similar to Leonard Johnson allowing additional visits.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 243

This could be the longest thread ever if we name ALL the reasons why NU sucks.

#BEATIOWA

Pro
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusMichalik View Post
    I have no problem with you hatin on NE, but I think it would be only fair to give the full story with the way recruiting goes these days. I'm going to take a stab at few of these off the top of my head.
    Josh Williams: NU recruit before going to CU & then back to NU.

Kody Spano: Got shafted by OSU before finding a home at NU, that one is on I'm a man.

Alfonzo Dennard: was a UNC recruit but has been back on the market for awhile now.

David Grant: at one time NU was full at OL before they lost recruits to most teams in the Big 12 and some outside the Big 12, once Hoch left for IA Grant took his spot about 1.2 seconds later.

Lester Ward: has been soft with Baylor, sometimes the services will list them as soft, I'm not sure why they are listed at all at that point. Many recruits will hold a spot one place until another comes along.

I think I managed to name them all off the top of my head. Haven't seen talk of Benton anywhere in the NU camp. Probably don't wanna hate on that until there is legit reason for it. Something tells me you would welcome B. Steinkuler with open arms if he came aboard and find a way to justify it as a "different" situation. The swaping of recruits happens all over the place, I don't like it anymore than anyone, but it is what it is.
    Julius....the point i was making is simple, make whatever justifications you want....

The point is, that Pellini and his staff have 10 recruits, 6 have come via de-commits from other schools - sugar coat it anyway you want.....I realize that recruiting players from other schools is a common practice, however for this staff it appears to be a basis for their recruiting. Several of the situations you speak of can be nothing more then coaches calling every committed player they think they can swindle away from another school.

The whole basis besides hatin on NU was to discuss why the NCAA does not have a early signing period for football like it does for basketball, anyone know? It seems with the money and time invested in recruiting these kids that the universities would want that insurance policy that their effort and money was not wasted. Just curious why basketball with it 4-6 member classes has an early signing period, but, with football having 25 member classes that this wouldnt be a way to prevent this commiting, decommiting etc etc.

just curious, NU will get theirs.............